In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

colt cannon 3

lowgapbulllowgapbull Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited April 2012 in Ask the Experts

Comments

• Options
    Bill DeShivsBill DeShivs Member Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When you called Colt, did they tell you that Colt actually made any miniature cannon? I'll bet not.
    I have collected miniature cannon for quite a while and have never heard of such an animal. "Colt's Patent" means nothing without provenance. There is nothing that I can see that would have been patentable about it. Cannon have been used for centuries.
  • Options
    SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    a $600 bid din't make your reserve?
    what were you hoping to get for it??
    I suggest you re list it and ask CaptFun to alert the high bidder that it's available again.
    make it a no reserve action.
    jmho
    tom
    BTW, I agree with all the folks that doubt it's a colt factory item. I can't find it in any of my reference books.
  • Options
    hrfhrf Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Post it with a $600 minimum starting bid and no reserve; maybe he'll bid again.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Okay, we are pretty much going over the same ground that was covered in colt cannon 1 & 2. By design this forum is not intended for open ended discussion so lowgapbull, you need to ask some specific questions about the cannon which were not addressed in version 1 and version 2 of this thread.

I am not being mean to you so don't send me a nasty e-mail or go over to General Discussion and tell the board over there how cruel I am (they already know it [;)]).
  • Options
    stegsteg Member Posts: 871 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    IMHO the person who bid $600 on this thing either made a mistake, or has more money than good sense! I realize that there is a market for just about anything, but that much money for such an item offends my sense of morality as well as good taste as a serious Colt collector.