In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

plated bullets in Glock

onejaegeronejaeger Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
edited September 2016 in Ask the Experts
Will plated bullets lead the polygonal rifleing of a Glock?

Comments

• TANK78ZTANK78Z Member Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • onejaegeronejaeger Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tank78Z information appreciated. Comp.shooting forum you mentioned useing Berries Bullets without problem.I have seen plateing thin enough to barely color the lead. Knowing what manufactures have been used without leading is great information. Anyone used X-Treme plated bullets/
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a couple of 500 round boxes, of Berries TMJ plated bullets from a local sporting goods store.

As I recall, it specifically stated on the boxes. That 1400 FPS was the maximum velocity, that the bullets should be shot at. They were 158 & 135 grain, 38 specials. No mention that I can recall, on the type(s) of rifling.
  • NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've run over 8000 Berry's through my Glock 35 in IDPA matches and have not had any issues.
  • 62fuelie62fuelie Member Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you're concerned about the thickness of the plating contact Berry's and they will tell you about their heavy-plated bullets. I have never had a problem with Gil's bullets and I've been using them since he was pouring out of a plumber's pot in a quonset hut is south Fontana, CA in the early 70's.