In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Dating German Pistols

perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
edited June 2015 in Ask the Experts
I know I had the information but could not find it
I have a H&K P7M8 never paid any attention on date made but in trying to find information on another H&K gun googled the H&K web site They show a pistol just like mine with the EXACT slide markings including DATE CODE of EI IE [?][?][?] within 2000 numbers on their serial #.
the H&K site says this pistol was made in 1984 with a picture of the chart seems the E is 4 and the I is 8. My question is BLUE BOOK states a model P7PSP was made in 1984 but that is not my pistol because mine has ambidextrous mag release extended trigger guard and heat shield and 3 dot sights . Blue book says the p8 like mine was made 1992-2000 Can someone tell me if EI is 1984 and did they or did they not make a P7M8 in 1984

EDITThanks rufe snow seems like a lot of things in the BLUE book they have misinformation as to P7M8 dates Mine is the P7 M8 but made before B.B say they were made

Comments

• rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My reference shows "IE", date code for 1984.

Edit #1,

Got this off of wikipidia Karl.

"Between 1982-1983 the P7 received several modifications, mainly to address American market demand and shooter preferences. These modifications resulted in the P7M8 model. A new magazine release lever (available on both sides of the frame) was installed just beneath the trigger guard, which forced designers to modify both the pistol's frame and magazine. The trigger guard was equipped with a synthetic heat shield that protects the shooter from excessive heating and a lanyard attachment loop was added in place of the previous magazine heel release. The firing pin and its bushing were also changed."

"
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:seems like a lot of things in the BLUE book they have misinformation

Now THAT is understatement!