In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Value of original CZ75

rawhide54rawhide54 Member Posts: 432 ✭✭✭
edited April 2012 in Ask the Experts
I've got an original pre-"B" CZ-75 I bought while stationed in Germany in1985. It's got the round trigger guard, spur hammer, and baked enamel finish and the only marks on it are the small areas on the slide where the rails wear the enamel off. Also have four of the original pre-"B" 15 round magazines, two still in the box. Have the ATF import papers, too. Never wanted to sell it and the wife protests at the thought but read an article the other day saying originals like mine go for between $2,000 and $3000 and that would help with tight money situation right now. From what you've seen, is that article full of it or is my pistol really worth something in that range?

Thanks!!!!

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One sold awhile back on the auction for substantially less.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=272778240
  • Options
    villafuegovillafuego Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The very early "short rail" guns may get up to 1500.00 or more.....pre 1979 manufacture. The very early blued "pre-b" guns.....1980 and '81 can top 1K.....an enameled gun with an 82 or later date might make 7-900 if it is perfect, in the box (test target/etc).......
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    While the pre-B guns are relatively rare in the USA because of Cold-war era importation restrictions, there isn't all that much demand for them as collectors pieces, and they aren't rare in a global sense since literally hundreds of thousands of them have been made.

Its an awesome gun, with a slightly better trigger pull than the newer "B" models, IMO a better appearance with the rounded triggerguard, and also the historically interesting "Made in Czechoslovakia" label (vs the current "Made in Czech Republic").

In practice, unless you have a rare variant, the gun and magazines will only be worth a small premium over a similar condition modern production CZ-75B gun. In your case, I'd say you're talking a ballpark of $600 including the extra magazines. Some collectors like the plastic "waffle" style grips (see below), but they also don't carry a huge premium (IE I wouldn't expect to get more than $50 for them).

If you like, you can read the year of manufacture off a small oval inscription on the slide (I believe the right side adjacent to the triggerguard).

Here's my Pre-B CZ75; I believe it was also obtained in Germany in the 1980s, and its actually my favorite "service" type gun. I prefer this to the SIG and Beretta, and this one isn't for sale!

46e3dce2.jpg?t=1241886925