In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington model 8 stripper clips

mcharley40mcharley40 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited November 2011 in Ask the Experts
Hello, I've been looking for a while for some stripper clips for a pair of Model 8's I know they are not all that easy to find because of the small base on the 25 and 30, does anybody know of another caliber or something that can be made to work for these?? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    ManygunsManyguns Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November -1
    There are some on Ebay. They are not original, but they work. I bought some last year. I believe they are actually military clips of some kind. The originals are almost impossible to find and if you do find them. they are pricey.
    Tom
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I will look again, but all I saw on ebay is clips for 300 savage and 35 rem, and those calbers have a larger base diameter. 32, 30 and 25 rem are smaller, I think they are the same as 6.8spc, but I don;t see any for that cal either.
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.reloadbench.com/cartspec.html

It appears the 6.8spc shares the same .422" diameter.
  • Options
    ManygunsManyguns Member Posts: 3,837
    edited November -1
    Oops, sorry. I reread your post and see that you were only interested in the 25 and 30. The ones that I bought were indeed for the 35. If you could find a pile of military clips you may find one that works. Really, they aren't that bad to load without the strippers. I seldom use mine.
    Tom
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I see online there is a guy in Canada that cuts dow 7.62 x 39- 10 rounders down to 5. They are only .025 bigger but I think they should work. You are right they aren't bad to load with out them but there cool to have. I am surprized they don't have any body making some for 6.8 spc yet, one of my ranch rifles are in that caliber and I got it a while ago.