In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

FAL Buttstock

rjcrjc Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
edited April 2012 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone know if a wooden Israeli FAL buttstock like the one's sold by Sarco will fit a DSA built STG-58 rifle? Thanks.

Comments

• 17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, as long as they are both "metric" rifles.
  • rjcrjc Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks...I'm either going to pick one of those up or an Ironwood designs unit.

My DSA has a 16" barrel, Belgian flash hider and the speed trigger. It is one sweet rifle.
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They'll fit. I have a DSA STG carbine and bought my stock from SARCO. I went for the stock with the plain stamped buttplate, not the flip up. But either fits.

It took a bit of work but I also fitted an Israeli heavy barrel wood forend with liner to the rifle. I reduced the diameter of the liner to have it fit into the ring and had to fit the wood stock where they meet along the bottom. They'd larger diameter and have to be reduced to fit.

I bought a set of DSA fancy "Euro Wood" furniture a few years back and still have it, switched out because (to my taste) I figure the FAL is supposed to look kind on "mean".
  • llamallama Member Posts: 2,637 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In addition to Ironwood Designs, check out http://www.oldsouthgunwood.com/ as well as what the member Blue Monster on falfiles produces...