In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

milestone has been reached

brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
after days of working with her I have just taught my 4 year old daughter how to tie her shoes. As i type this she is untying and tying my shoes over and over. She is growing up fast and i dont think im ready for it.

Comments

• Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Enjoy every minute, they grow up fast!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• brickmaster1248brickmaster1248 Member Posts: 3,344
    edited November -1
    I know its coming and am not looking forward to it. The other day she said something about a boy and i shut it down real quick.
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brickmaster1248
    I know its coming and am not looking forward to it. The other day she said something about a boy and i shut it down real quick.

Good job, let your kid grow up a prude.
  • hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She will be grown up before you know it. But she will always sit on dad's lap and give you a big ole' hug and say I Love You Dad. I just got off the phone with my 4 year old granddaughter, she just got a new puppy. Don't think I got a word in other than Hi before she dropped the phone to go play with the puppy. Cool.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Enjoy every minute....seems like yesterday mine were that age but they are 20 and 17 now. Guess that means I am getting old too [:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky

If your being a smart a** then heres a big FU[K YOUif not then i apologize for my crudeness
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The next step for girls after they learn how to tie their shoes is...Dad I need some money.[;)]
  • dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    Yes...enjoy every second w/her.
    My little girl will be 10 in Dec.
    Boy, how time flies...
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Rockatansky

If your being a smart a** then heres a big FU[K YOUif not then i apologize for my crudeness

And aren't you the guy lecturing about imature members here. Now I get it[:0]
    edited November -1
    All i was doing was sharing an event in my life with my daughter. I didnt ask for no one to be a idiot. So if that made me immature then so be it.
  • iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    quote:So if that made me immature then so be it.

Naw...just made you a proud dad. Enjoy all those moments as they pass all to quickly.

Now go flip her a bird and use some offensive language around her, and you will rate right up there with the other parenting expert around here. [xx(]
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by iluvguns
    quote:So if that made me immature then so be it.

Naw...just made you a proud dad. Enjoy all those moments as they pass all to quickly.

Now go flip her a bird and use some offensive language around her, and you will rate right up there with the other parenting expert around here. [xx(]

[:D]
  • Blade SlingerBlade Slinger Member Posts: 5,891
    edited November -1
    Stay as close as you can to her, keep loving and training her for you are now laying the foundation for her future. It is a tough job but the payoff will last you the rest of your life. My Daughter is my best friend and I would not trade that for anything.
  • thebigsdthebigsd Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congrats. Dang, I didn't learn till I was seven.....