In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

here is the NEW ADDITION to the FAMILY PT1911

CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
edited August 2008 in General Discussion
picked this up for $400.[^]

we have a range date in the morning. [:p]
guess well see how she runs.[;)]

DSCF2705.jpg

Comments

• matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    Can't beat that price.
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just like mine, You will be VERY satisfied...great price, have fun.
  • CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag
    Just like mine, You will be VERY satisfied...great price, have fun.

going to take it and my old 1911 and let them do some talking
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    lucky sucker-that is like $200 cheaper than msrp--i know lots of people put taurus down but i've never had a problem with mine--nice gun there.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Feed it well, and often. [:D]
  • thebigsdthebigsd Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought the same gun about 3 months ago. It functions flawlessly. The only change I made was to put a Hogue grip on it. Great price though, I paid $475.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by thebigsd
    I bought the same gun about 3 months ago. It functions flawlessly. The only change I made was to put a Hogue grip on it. Great price though, I paid $475.

how good did that grip fit with that safety lever that slides between the grip and frame. i had an extra set of another brand for a 1911 but they didnt work
  • ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    now only if taurus will make a Commander sized version or a Defender sized one[:D]
  • Spc FergusonSpc Ferguson Member Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice friend is wanting a taurus 1911 with the rails in a dark color. Ive had bad luck with them but my dad has had great luck. So we will find out if he gets one. Any way nice buy man and have fun :D
  • redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,682 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Did you shoot it yet? The only thing I have done with mine is installed a set of Pachmayer grips and a rubberized mainspring housing (That I won fron Nunn in a giveaway, thanks again) and I couldn't be happier.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by redneckandy
    Did you shoot it yet? The only thing I have done with mine is installed a set of Pachmayer grips and a rubberized mainspring housing (That I won fron Nunn in a giveaway, thanks again) and I couldn't be happier.

took them out yesterday to play a little. all did fine but my old 1911 must have been a little jealous as it normally shoots pretty good but this time it was the worst of the bunch.
    (had to have a talk with her and i think she will except the new kid) below is the order of how they did

1 XD45 TAC [:p]
    2 PT1911 [:p]
    3 BABY EAGLE 45 [^]
    4 SF 1911-A1 45 [:(]

ALL ATE EVERYTHING I BROUGHT [:p].
    200gr swc lead, 230 FMJ ball, 250gr rn lead, 185gr jacket swc.

no complants from me on any, just my old 1911 didnt hold a group at all. thinking shedidnt like the food i brought.[;)]