In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Seeking information on 3 knives.

TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2005 in General Discussion
I would welcome any information on any of these 3 knives. I bought them at a pawn shop for $35 and wondered what I have.
1. S&W 1 of 5000, 1999 penknife, brass colored metal. Wolf and Leaders Stand Alone markings. 3 1/2 "
2.Case xx 2 blade #62131. Marked Case XX in script on handle. 3 1/2 "
3.UC 441 Gil Hibben stainless 12 inch dagger style with wire wrapped handle. Black sheath.
Condition of all three is excellent and unsharpened.

Any information appreciated. Thanks!

"Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away." Thoreau

Comments

• Options
    RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    Depending on the condition, the Case may be worth $20 bucks...the others together will be a stretch to be worth the balance. Sorry. S&W knives are simply some knifemakers purchase of the S&W name to market their inferior (usually) knives. That "UC" is United Cutlery--cheap knock-offs of premium knives for which they pay a token amount to use a recognized name, in this case, Gil Hibben.

Just my $.02 [:(][B)]

Of course, someone will doubtlessly post that I'm all wrong and that you should immediately auction those for prices in the SIX figures and collect early retirement. [xx(]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    What stampings are on the CASE XX blade tangs,, one should have some numbers on it, and one should have the case logo with some other markings,, tell me what these are and I can give you the history of the knife..

Most S&W knives are made in China...so wouldnt be worth that much..

yo-yo.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The case is marked Case XX with 2 x's and 2 dots above it, and 3 x's and 2 dots below. On the small blade is USA 62131 and SS.
    The S&W knife has Smith and Wesson on one side of the tang and USA on the back side. Someone E-mailed me that the dagger is a Silver Shadow model made in 1990. Good or bad news, thanks to all who take the time to reply
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    The Case knife is from 2001. xoxoxoxox started marking with x and o in the year 2000 with 5 xs and 5 o,, took one mark off for each year after,, your missing one mark meaning the knife was made in 2001, The serial number breaks down as follows 62131 6=second cut stag,2 = number of blades 131 is the pattern or style,,, knife is currently about 40 bucks..at 100% never sharpened IS it in the Shape of a Canoe???? sure it is...[;)]

yo-yo.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes, it is shaped like a canoe with reddish brown textured handles. Thanks for the information on how to read the dates and on the knife itself.

"Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away." Thoreau