In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

self defense

titan25titan25 Member Posts: 10
edited June 2005 in General Discussion
[8][8]titan25;;so i'm going to run like hel!! till they catch me,
not say a thing about haveing a gun,shoot and kill them, wile the whole time makeing sure i'm outside the school zone[?][?][?]
why have a gun for self protection then,why have one for anything
but collecting[?][?][?]

Comments

• titan25titan25 Member Posts: 10
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    Many in this forum were congratulatory to a local pharmacist who shot a robber in his store a number of months ago months ago, "in self defense."

Now, the rest of the story.

http://www.newsok.com/oklahoma-city-pharmacist-jerome-erslands-murder-trial-delayed/article/3464446

The medical examiner reported that the 16 year old boy was not armed, and the first shot the pharmacist fired struck him in the head, rendering him unable to be of any further danger to anyone. But, according to the medical examiner, not yet a lethal wound.

Yes, he does go back to reload.

Five more rounds to the abdomen from 3 feet away.
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    UH OH!!

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    What is the point of this post? I am confused.

FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
    edited November -1
    "What is the point of this post?I am confused."

Uh OH!!

Hang in there David.

[:D][:D]

BW

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BOBBYWINS
    "What is the point of this post?I am confused."

Uh OH!!

Hang in there David.

[:D][:D]

BW

self defence laws,[V][:(][xx(]
    edited November -1
    So, tell us a story, or ask us a question. You have done neither.

FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
    edited November -1
    TROLL ALERT!!

TROLL ALERT!!

BW

• Jimmy BossJimmy Boss Member Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    anim_bs2.gif

JBoss......Fear No Fish/peace through superior firepower/If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier!!!!!!!!!A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    --- Sigmond Freud
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    So, tell us a story, or ask us a question. You have done neither.

you'r a peace officer you know the current laws in washington[?]
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i suspect the user name stands for f.i.e titan .25 acp. That speaks a lot towards the subject and author

Other words consider the source
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan
    i suspect the user name stands for f.i.e titan .25 acp. That speaks a lot towards the subject and author

Other words consider the source

oh look he passed the 3rd grade he can reed[}:)][}:)]
  • Carolina-GirlCarolina-Girl Member Posts: 103 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Jimmy Boss
    anim_bs2.gif

[:D][:D][:D]

suzie.gifhttp://www.carolina-girl-*/
    edited November -1
    And you can spell,capitalize and all that stuff[?]

"oh look he passed the third grade he can reed[}:)][}:)]"

BW

• jimbowbyjimbowby Member Posts: 3,496
    edited November -1
    [8D]--Yo 1911a1, titan25 say's that you can "reed"--aren't you happy-[?][?][:p][:D]

I'm only wearing Black untill they make something darker
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BOBBYWINS
    And you can spell,capitalize and all that stuff[?]

"oh look he passed the third grade he can reed[}:)][}:)]"

BW

right on !!!
    edited November -1
    Yeah,right.

[V][V]
    BW

• mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    He is attempting to resume an argument from a previous thread.

Perhaps if a link were posted. Here, I'll do it.

Naw...

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
    edited November -1
    bsmeter.gif

Your makeing freinds around here fast titan. Way to go. You might just be the next roboman here[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

JBoss......Fear No Fish/peace through superior firepower/If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier!!!!!!!!!A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    --- Sigmond Freud
    edited November -1
    I'm out!

BW

edited November -1
    I was about to terminate with extreme prejudice, but I think I will wait and see.

Now, youngster. Tell me why you think that I, a peace officer in Texas, should know all the gun laws in Washington? Did you mean the state or DC?

Either answer would be voluminous, too long to post here. I suggest you do a Google search. You can find just about any state's penal code online.

Then, maybe you can get someone to read it to you.

• BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    Your supposed to ride a horse with a cap gun gun and sling bullets like they did in the old westerns. That way the sheriff will know your a good guy, but make sure you are wearing a white cowboy/girl/undecided hat when you do it. Don't scream like a wild indian or they'll send out the calvary because they'll think your trying to scalp innocent women and children.One last thing watch out for rattle snakes and anacondas.

Man's last hope... The Star Wars Kid.. Jedi Master!

star_wars_kid.gif
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Snitchlala!!! Where have you been?[:p]

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    I know, I know, don't feed the trolls, but here goes ...

The occupant may use a firearm when resisting the intruder's attempt to commit a forcible
    and life-threatening crime against anyone in the home provided that a reasonable person in the same or similar situation would believe that (a) the intruder intends to commit a
    forcible and life-threatening crime; (b) there is imminent danger of such crime being
    accomplished; and (c) the occupant acts under the belief that use of a firearm is necessary
    to save himself or herself or another from death or great * injury. Murder, mayhem, rape, and robbery are examples of forcible and life-threatening crimes.

Learn the laws. It might save your life
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gee nunn, all police officers are refined in local, state and federal laws, even in states they will never be in, it is lawyers that do not have to know them all, and be able to quote them like seargent Friday by name and code, of course to do so you will have to go to school 24hours a day 7 days a week, and still would not be able to learn them all

And titan it went over your head the f.i.e. titan is a very cheap firearm made of pot metal, the .25 acp is the weakest cartridge made today, has been known to bounce of a person head, and get stuck in a leather jacket without penetrating it,if I had one I would not admit it, so picking it for a user name is the equivalent of being the proud owner of a yugo, my self {and I am sure I can speak for a few other}and would rather choose "crusty sock" or "stained underwear" for a user name as it would be less of an insult
    edited November -1
    SHHHHH! I think it went away.

edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    I was about to terminate with extreme prejudice, but I think I will wait and see.

Now, youngster. Tell me why you think that I, a peace officer in Texas, should know all the gun laws in Washington? Did you mean the state or DC?

Either answer would be voluminous, too long to post here. I suggest you do a Google search. You can find just about any state's penal code online.

Then, maybe you can get someone to read it to you.

as a peace officer you know the laws i don't care where you are young man if you don't than YOU ARE NOT A PEACE OFFICER!!!!!!
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan
    Gee nunn, all police officers are refined in local, state and federal laws, even in states they will never be in, it is lawyers that do not have to know them all, and be able to quote them like seargent Friday by name and code, of course to do so you will have to go to school 24hours a day 7 days a week, and still would not be able to learn them all

And titan it went over your head the f.i.e. titan is a very cheap firearm made of pot metal, the .25 acp is the weakest cartridge made today, has been known to bounce of a person head, and get stuck in a leather jacket without penetrating it,if I had one I would not admit it, so picking it for a user name is the equivalent of being the proud owner of a yugo, my self {and I am sure I can speak for a few other}and would rather choose "crusty sock" or "stained underwear" for a user name as it would be less of an insult

gee that's funny atf list them in the top10 in most crimanal confascated fire arms, and now that they are being sold under a different company name,are one of the most reliable saturdaynight specials arround. and as for bounceing off some ones head,just so you will know if it's true,is a poor choice of ammunition!!!
    as for you'r user names KEEPUM,they might describe you, but not me!!!
  • chunkstylechunkstyle Member Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's some crazy doodoo.

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    ~Sinclair Lewis, It Can't Happen Here

"Our enemies...never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
    ~President George W. Bush
    edited November -1
    seizure.gif

--- Sigmond Freud
  • grdad45grdad45 Member Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Man, some these threads just ignoranter and ignoranter![}:)]

F&AM, NRA Life (25 yrs)
    "The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion."
    Edmund Burke (1729-97)
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    jimmy,,,you got to cut that crap out. You're ruining an informative post.

titan, you would be taken much more seriously if you would make an effort to articulate your posts, and use correct punctuation.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
    edited November -1
    Alright Ben, I'll stop[:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(][:(]

--- Sigmond Freud
  • dbaraledbarale Member Posts: 328 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by titan25
    ...are one of the most reliable saturdaynight specials arround...

Said who? I still wouldn't bet my life on it...

Daniel.
    edited November -1
    That is enough.

titan25: You are locked out. If you want, you can contact me by email and we will discuss your being allowed back in. This board is for intelligent discourse, and you don't seem to be interested in such. Ask an intelligent question, and you will get an answer. Pose an intelligent opinion, and you will get a reply. You did neither.

I need to have a working knowledge of the laws of Texas, and I do. I really don't give a diddly about what the laws are in Washington, and STILL you didn't specify WHICH Washington.

You want someone to research the laws of a particular state, and then recite them back to you on this board? No, that's not what the board is for. You can do your own research. Some members here might be able to point you to a site that will help, but NO ONE is going to post all the gun laws of any political subdivision.

Regardless of your opinion, I have been a police officer for about 30 years now, and have filed cases from parking violations to murder. More importantly, I moderate this board, and I get to decide who posts and who does not, and what sort of material is permitted and what is not.

This thread is locked.