In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

LOONNNGGG night ahead...(UPDATED)

RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
Waiting, waiting, waiting, for my FIRST 1911-A1 to arrive TOMORROW--purchased right here on GB Auction for what some of you folks have called "a steal!" Will post fresh photos and my first impressions a.s.a.p....waiting, waiting, waiting...

Seller provided this photo upon my request...
SA1911-A1June2005.jpg

BTW, delay was NOT seller's fault...cooperation from a willing FFL holder on MY end was the hold up. [:(]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=33062639

Comments

• ThrockmortonThrockmorton Member Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it tomorrow yet??????????????

[}:)][}:)][:D]

Throckmorton SASS #23149
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cool, have fun with it.

R/

Dave
    th_bigclay.bmp
    People everywhere confuse what they read in newspapers with news.

-- A. J. Liebling
  • Jimmy BossJimmy Boss Member Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    And its even loaded for ya[;)]

JBoss......Fear No Fish/peace through superior firepower/If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier!!!!!!!!!A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    --- Sigmond Freud
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was gonna ask if you got that gun yet.

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    What!! No Gen. Patton Pearl handles. Shame[:D]

My friend is one... who takes me for what I am.
    Henry David Thoreau

"If you do not allow yourself to find a positive way to get through the difficult times, you will become bitter. If you stay bitter, you do not get better." -- Joan Brock
  • Shadow62Shadow62 Member Posts: 828 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ramtinxxl
    Waiting, waiting, waiting, for my FIRST 1911-A1 to arrive TOMORROW--purchased right here on GB Auction for what some of you folks have called "a steal!" Will post fresh photos and my first impressions a.s.a.p....waiting, waiting, waiting...

Seller provided this photo upon my request...
    SA1911-A1June2005.jpg

BTW, delay was NOT seller's fault...cooperation from a willing FFL holder on MY end was the hold up. [:(]

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=33062639

Ramtixxl, you are a thief [:D]
    nice .45

Shadow62

look and you will see
    listen and you shall hear
    edited November -1
    Hey Ram its 11:56pm. Is it here yet?[}:)][;)]

JBoss......Fear No Fish/peace through superior firepower/If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier!!!!!!!!!A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    --- Sigmond Freud
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    I must say thats a mighty fine specimen you stole from that guy. Congrats on the new pistol.

Man's last hope... The Star Wars Kid.. Jedi Master!

star_wars_kid.gif
  • Big DaveBig Dave Member Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Next time ya get a deal like that, be wearing a mask and pointing a gun at him. [:p][:D]

Nice lookin' piece of hardware. [8D]
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by plains scout

My friend is one... who takes me for what I am.
    Henry David Thoreau

"If you do not allow yourself to find a positive way to get through the difficult times, you will become bitter. If you stay bitter, you do not get better." -- Joan Brock

Patton said only a pimp would put pearl handles on a pistol. His were ivory.

"When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro"
    Hunter S. Thompson"
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    Ah, the night has slipped quietly into morning and I'm still waiting, waiting, waiting....[:p]
  • Big DaveBig Dave Member Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LOL! [:D]

Just don't fall asleep and miss the delivery guy. LMAO! [:D][:p]
    edited November -1
    Its 11:40am. Do you know where you gun is at?

Hope ya get it soon Ram. I'm the worlds worst when it come to waiting[:D]

--- Sigmond Freud
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    Digi get it yet[?] Digi get it yet[?] Digi get it yet[?]

star_wars_kid.gif
    edited November -1
    Still waiting, waiting, waiting--I can't seem to wait FAST ENOUGH!

I tracked it on UPS to learn that it has BEEN DELIVERED to my FFL dude.

Now, just waiting for him to get off work at his "day job" and hook up with me! Will keep ya posted! [8D]
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Too Late: I picked it up an hour ago...[:D][}:)][}:)]

yo-yo.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Classic095
    Too Late: I picked it up an hour ago...[:D][}:)][}:)]

yo-yo.gif

GGGGRRRRRR! Watch it. The guy just emailed me to give him a call "so we can set up a time on FRIDAY to complete the paper work." I had already called him and left a message. Emailed him back and said "HOW 'BOUT THIS AFTERNOON?!?!" No word back yet!! [:(][V]
    edited November -1
    Tell him OK Friday for pickup is fine,, next Friday for Payment OK..

yo-yo.gif
    edited November -1
    Tell him OK Friday for pickup is fine,, next Friday for Payment OK..

yo-yo.gif

I finally got him on the phone a while ago...he does lawn/garden maintenance during the day and oversees a large crew. He's going to call me at 4-5ish this evening to set up a time THIS EVENING to meet. Hey, I'm only having to give HIM the $10 tranfer fee so money is not a biggy in this part of it. The seller has had my MONEY ORDER since way last week.

Getting closer, but still waiting, waiting, waiting...
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Martin: I would not be in such a rush. Have you seen this?
    quote:
    Lexington (KY) Herald-Leader
    June 30, 2005

Springfield Armory Model 1911-A1 Linked to Homosexuality

By Associated Press

LEXINGTON - A psychologist at the University of Kentucky claims that ownership of Springfield Armory 1911-A1 handguns is responsible for turning lifelong heterosexual men into raging queens literally overnight.

"When the subjects returned from the range, they were discussing exfoliate gels and wearing dresses" said Bernard Edwards, a clinical psychologist who also chairs the Psychology Department at the Lexington campus. "These are two of the prime symptoms, and they can be triggered by anything from a failure to extract/eject to emptying an entire magazine in the 10-Ring."

Sales of Springfield 1911-A1s have increased the amount of such cases throughout the United States, according to doctors and psychologists. An exit poll conducted at recent Village People concerts in California and Michigan revealed that 90% of attendees had purchased a Springfield 1911 variant within the last two weeks.

The Clinic For The Impossibly Gay in Lexington has been expanded in the past year to accommodate the influx, and at the insistence of local Springfield shooters male communal baths have been added to nearly two dozen Kentucky shooting ranges since January.

"I love my Springfield XD", a plumber wearing a sequined leather bustier and pink feather boa cooed. "Owning a Springfield 1911 is like owning an aggressive gerbil with two sets of toenails and teeth."
    edited November -1
    The cheapest transfer fee around here is 20 bucks ifn you can catch the guy.. most charge 45 to 75 bucks.. bunch of greedy FFL dealers around here. They do it mostly to discourage people from buying elsewhere..

yo-yo.gif
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DancesWithSheep
    Martin: I would not be in such a rush. Have you seen this?
    quote:
    Lexington (KY) Herald-Leader
    June 30, 2005

Springfield Armory Model 1911-A1 Linked to Homosexuality

By Associated Press

LEXINGTON - A psychologist at the University of Kentucky claims that ownership of Springfield Armory 1911-A1 handguns is responsible for turning lifelong heterosexual men into raging queens literally overnight.

"When the subjects returned from the range, they were discussing exfoliate gels and wearing dresses" said Bernard Edwards, a clinical psychologist who also chairs the Psychology Department at the Lexington campus. "These are two of the prime symptoms, and they can be triggered by anything from a failure to extract/eject to emptying an entire magazine in the 10-Ring."

Sales of Springfield 1911-A1s have increased the amount of such cases throughout the United States, according to doctors and psychologists. An exit poll conducted at recent Village People concerts in California and Michigan revealed that 90% of attendees had purchased a Springfield 1911 variant within the last two weeks.

The Clinic For The Impossibly Gay in Lexington has been expanded in the past year to accommodate the influx, and at the insistence of local Springfield shooters male communal baths have been added to nearly two dozen Kentucky shooting ranges since January.

"I love my Springfield XD", a plumber named Rob, wearing a sequined leather bustier and pink feather boa cooed. "Owning a Springfield 1911 is like owning an aggressive gerbil with two sets of toenails and teeth."

Those silly AP writers--don't know an "XD"...

SAXD9401.jpg

...from a 1911-A1!

SAPX9151L.jpg

Now, I can SEE an XD inciting deviant tendencies, but a 1911-A1? John Browning would be spinning in his grave!!!
    edited November -1
    The cheapest transfer fee around here is 20 bucks ifn you can catch the guy.. most charge 45 to 75 bucks.. bunch of greedy FFL dealers around here. They do it mostly to discourage people from buying elsewhere..

yo-yo.gif

Wow! I thought the guy here was bad for wanting $35. My first choice guy wouldn't do it for any price. He recommended the $35 guy. I passed and went to a pawn shop that was going to charge $20 but never sent the copy of his license off. Finally, found the current choice on the GB FFL listing and he's to do it for $10. Still not too bad as the gun will be mine, including shipping for around $430. Just hoping the guy doesn't try to pull that "sales tax" deal on me. It's not HIS gun, never was, so he shouldn't be able to charge tax.

Stay tuned for pictures et al...
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    That's a pretty-lookin' piece you're gonna get there!
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Congratulations on a great gun.I have a Springfield 1911A1 (TRP)and a 1911A1 Loaded Model and IMHO their top of the line 1911's.They do require a good break in period though.The Mil-Spec Model may be next on my list.BTW I havent experienced any of the side effects DWS mentioned.[:D]

Safe Shooting!!

Rugster

"Toujours Pret"
  • hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    I found a dealer In my area that will order new with no mark up. The price he pays is the price you pay.

100,000 [:)] lemmings [:)]can't be wrong

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
  • RadCatRadCat Member Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yoh, Martin-

It's after 8 PM. Are you back yet with the gun?

[}:)][}:)][}:)][;)][?]

edited November -1
    Didja get it yet[?] Didja get it yet[?] Didja get it yet[?]

Come on Martin stop droolin all over your house and on your new gun tell us what you think[:D]

star_wars_kid.gif
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    New GB Book-
    "The UPS may Man commith"

sniper.gif
    NRA Life Endowment Member

Soquel.gif
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    congratulations, welcome to the world of real handguns, Springfield is a good choice, ifn you get hooked you will want more, that's a heck of a deal by the way, I figure it is his lack of feed back
    edited November -1
    IT'S HERE! IT'S HERE! and thank GOD, no unpleasant surprises!

Had to drive through a blinding rain storm to get to it; got soaked from the Durango to the man's house; but after filling out one of those nifty yellow forms and forking over an Alexander Hamilton, I left with this very gun in my hot little hands:

SAPX9151L.jpg

(photo is from SA website, but it is this model.)

I've got to try to get some sleep tonight--with it in my hands, of course--as I could not sleep LAST night for waiting so fast. Anyway, I'll have photos for y'all tomorrow. The guy who did the transfer said it appears to be in PERFECT shape except for a very few tiny cosmetic scratches (you know, lip gloss, eye-liner, etc--DWS was right) and it needs a good cleaning. Otherwise, I'm ready to head to the range ASAP. Accepting donations for ammo, by the way.

Later, folks! [:D][8D][^][^][^]
  • RadCatRadCat Member Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, well. I am happy for you my friend. Glad it turned out that the hunch was right. (...by the way: You owe me a beer! [:D][:D][;)])

Let me know what happens. Will be in touch.

Venry.

edited November -1
    What kinda sights does it have white dot or black? Have you shot it yet, have ya have ya?

If you need instructions on breaking it down, I'm sure Radcat would love to help ya. [:p]
    Those SA's take down a lil differently from the rest of them with that hex guide rod.

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    Ram- Got one just like it! Love it! Super accurate.
    Or should I say the best damm pistol I got.
    You stole it @ $450, I paid $1,100 that was 8 years ago.

Yes sir, at 25yds slow fire and all in the 10 ring, does make you light in the loafers.

The only pain in the rear is removing the slide latch, straight out & up, so as not to scratch the finnish.

Have fun you, thief!![:D]

Walte
    edited November -1
    This just in...The "thief" has not had the opportunity to fire this jewel, but I did get by to see a gun store bud who showed me step-by-step how to dismantle it--and reassemble it--with no parts left over. He accessed that I had, indeed, done a good thing, said the gun was not even broken in good and flawless except for a needed cleaning. Bore is EXCELLENT--no damage or problems that he could discern. I had cleaned the exterior before taking it over to him, and after his take-down instructions, will work on the insides next.

Yep, feeling REALLY good about myself just now, thanks. And if it shoots as good as it looks--and feels--and IF I can hit what I'm aiming at, I'll be doubly pleased. [^]

Thanks to Radcat and drobs (and OTHERS) for their encouragement/advice/tips in finding and making this incredible buy. If you're ever in the neighborhood, the beer's on me! That old saying was never more true--"even a blind hog finds an acorn now and then." This blind hog is enjoying the sunshine in a cool mud hole about now. [:D]

drobs: It has the plain black Novak sights. Until I find a reason to swap them out, they'll do just fine, I suppose. When/IF I can come up with the $$$, I may opt for the Lasermax guide rod replacing aiming device (for home defense purposes) and just keep the iron sights for range plinking. Deci$ion$, Deci$ion$. More on that later.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cool Cool!

You can always borrow a little orange or red nail polish from mateo or DWS for that front sight. [:o)]

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg
  • codenamepaulcodenamepaul Member Posts: 2,931
    edited November -1

"Not pearl, ivory. Pearl is for pimps"

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by codenamepaul

"Not pearl, ivory. Pearl is for pimps"

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun.

Anybody out there with a set of genuine mother of pearl stocks for this pistol is WELCOME to send them to THIS pimp. [:D][:p][8D]