In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

what would you do: UPDATE

1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
edited January 2006 in General Discussion
Ok most of you know this is my first year of competition, and I have been doing very well, so here is my question

I went to a state match three months ago, and won the .45 division, when come time to hand out trophies they did not have mine, they said they would mail it to me{why they didn't is anyone's guess}, I actually won two trophies that day, one for being the fastest, and a second one for being the most accurate of all competitors, but the second one is not required, so we will forget about that one, I have been told three times since they where on order, it has been three months, I truly think I have been cheated, here are my options

1. forget about it, {I really would like to add it for the ones I have collected my first year}

2. call the area coordinator,and file a complaint {it is in the rules I am entitled to it}

number one I have thought about it, but damn it is hard to pass up recognition for such a win, number two, I would not feel comfortable going back, but then again who would want to when they cheat you out of the prize

Comments

• young n dumyoung n dum Member Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you earned it....simply file a complaint and I wouldn't stress out about going back again......
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would call the coordinator and tell him that you hate dealing with ignorant people, especially the stupid ones who cheat, but that you really want the trophies you deserve, because you were the fastest and the most accurate.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DancesWithSheep
    I would call the coordinator and tell him that you hate dealing with ignorant people, especially the stupid ones who cheat, but that you really want the trophies you deserve, because you were the fastest and the most accurate.

Would you not add something to the effect that the coordinator must be an inbred * also? Don
  • DancesWithSheepDancesWithSheep Member Posts: 12,938 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    Would you not add something to the effect that the coordinator must be an inbred * also? Don

I was unaware the coordinator was an attorney. Sorry.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DancesWithSheep
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12

I was unaware the coordinator was an attorney. Sorry.

Could be an H&K Fan. Don
  • peabopeabo Member Posts: 3,098
    edited November -1
    I think they are trying to tell you that you don't come in here the first year and show up the veterans by winning these trophies. If they don't give you the trophies, you may give up and not come back next year. FOOL them, go to every match you can and keep up the good work.[:D]

Thanks---Peabo
  • Hylander50Hylander50 Member Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with peabo. Go back again and smoke their sorry butts some more. I'd still file the complaint, though. You earned the trophy. They should give it to you, first year or not.

Hylander
  • matwormatwor Member Posts: 20,594
    edited November -1
    File a complaint, go back and win some more.

P.S. You have mail.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    returned email

i really do not know if i would return to their range to compete, i can do that at a neutral range, i just do not feel my score will be kept honest
  • KK Member Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would go back...win and THEN hand the monkey an evelope of money with a note saying how bad you feel that their little welfare opperation can not afford to give out the promised awards.
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    A few years ago, as most of you know, I was the Crew Chief for a Forumla car racing team and ran a racecar leasing / maintance shop.

We allways had problems with trophies...

The pictures taken at the winners circle would always should this big old honken trophy being given out. As the media and Tv crews do their podium interviews.

In acutualy, the "Presentation Trophy", was given, or "used" at every event over and over.

Then about 6-8 weeks latter they would send you, "YOUR" half size trophy, or a piece of etched crystal as your trophy.

That was wrong from my point of view. You get a 5ft to 8ft trophy on the podium. But recieve a 3ft or 4 foot one, or a chunk of etched glass 6 inches tall in the mail... That sucked...

Anyway, we at times had to also call our co-ordinator, to get trophies for our customer's that they had won. Sometimes it would take almost a year to get them.

As the series would order a "batch" of trophies at mid-season, or in some series, you had to wait until the end of the year.
    Before you finaly got the freakn trophy or chunk of glass.

We have been know, meaning our race shop, would have a trophy made up for the customer. And give it to them, noting what they had achived, and pending their recipt of the series trophy that they had won.

That at least what we did for someone that pays a crap load of $, to go play Ricky Racer.

I guess, just call the co-ordinator and ask them if they also order trophies in batch or per event.

Aint nothing worse than to work your butt off to win something competative. Then not have anything to show for the money, time, and for your achivement.

Walte

A Happy New Year to you...
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Send your complaint by registered mail and copy everyone involved
    in the administration of the event. Since it's a state event, copy the governor also.
    Telephone calls don't cut much mustard.
    I'd be surprised if you didn't get satisfaction.
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    File a complaint. Don't be rude, abrasive, or confrontational. Just let them know that you think this situation needs to be rectified...

... and that it's not wise to f*** with a man who won an accuracy and speed match with a .45![;)][:D]
  • dlrjjdlrjj Member Posts: 5,528 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey

... and that it's not wise to f*** with a man who won an accuracy and speed match with a .45![;)][:D]

Cute....accurate, but cute.[:D]
    Tax evasion is illegal, tax avoidance is an art form.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't forget about it. Go after it, whatever it takes.

Had the same kind of thing happen my first year out. They did NOT like it, that a rookie had come in and beat the vets. I got mine, you can get yours.

Yes, your concerns over it being a fair score in a match in the future may be warranted. Like it or not, some people are that way, sad to say.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ok i have contacted the area coordinator, and he was not a happy camper about it, and i should be receiving it this week

but, it did stir up a bit, since there where a few others in different divisions that did not receive them as well, and the range claims they did

i just find it hard to believe that a state championship could be ran this way, and they range it was held at would be recognized by all of you as it is a world class range, and has held many world championships, i did win the .45 cdp division {speed}, in addition the overall match for being the most accurate shooter, i will not receive the second trophy because it is not a "required" trophy
  • NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First off Job well done, IMHO they did not cheat you out of your trophy's. If you won them they are your they stold them, I say take back whats yours and save the next guy who has made such a accomplishment from being robbed. Congratulations, now get your trophy's.[;)]
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...congrats first. You earned it, option # 2. If that fails have "replicas" made yourself...and pursue the accuracy of them scoring you...[;)]

texasd.gif
  • lazeruslazerus Member Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF FOR WINNING YOU CAPITALIST PIG![:D]