In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Finally back to work!

Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
edited April 2003 in General Discussion
Well, after some serious negotiating with Trans Carriers's leasing company and two dead cordless phones we have a deal on one of two trucks, I need to get to Memphis, look the trucks over and make my final decision and get any work done on it before signing, back to work I am! I must have made an impression on the company, 2 weeks ago the lease purchase program has been stalled, too many guys not living up to their end of the deal and turning trucks in. After talking to the head of the company it has been decided I can skip the routine, get another truck and go back to scaring people on the highways! I pick up my new to me Peterbilt on Wed. (hope this one don't go poof!)

I want to thank everyone one more time for the help you have given me either in gifts or best wishes, it was all appreciated! I have tried to send thank you notes but the incoming mail was overwelming and some of the mail came with no user names, but I have all of your addresses and they are all added to our mailing list for personal thank you notes and holiday cards. I made a couple offers to pay back some of what was sent and was threatened with violence (told I would get my butt kicked if I tried!). Your donations, gifts and well wishes have helped me and my family thru a very hard time, without you it would've been harder than what it was, you saved the day! To keep myself from going nuts I did some horse trading with some of my guns, got a couple new guns and a * hound out of it all, fuuny how much dealing you can do with no money if you try hard enough! Now that I'm going back to work I can go back to spending money on toys after a few bills are caught up, relief is in sight! Once again, thank you to all!

magnum.gif

email.gif

Comments

• dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear it, Nut. Give those new air horns a blast for me when you get it![:D]

See you down the road![:p]

Measure twice, cut once.
    calipers_open_close_md_wht.gif
    Empty the clip!
    smoking_gun_md_wht.gif
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    Great news Lonnie! This is some bunch of people here ain't it? LOL.

Blue_car.gif

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Charlie, for a bunch of people who fight like cats and dogs, they are great!

magnum.gif

email.gif
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear it ....funny how we complain about work..but are so thankful to be back at work.....

Be safe

Cute_skunk.gif

Lil' Stinker's Opinion
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Lonnie, Enjoyed the meeting while you had your downtime! Now get back out there and go at it! And when you travel I81 through VA give me a shout! You've still got to go to those shops here you know!! GHD
  • paboogerpabooger Member Posts: 13,953
    edited November -1
    Thats good news glad to here it!! Don't forget to stop by and see ole Pabooger. Im 8 miles from Route 219 in Bradford and 14 miles from Interstate 86 Old Route 17, in Seneca Junction.

pablue.gif

To Ride, shoot straight,and speak the truth
    This was the Ancient law of Youth
    Old times are past, old times are done:
    But the Law runs true, O little son!
  • bama55bama55 Member Posts: 6,389 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey 7mm Nutt,

That is some good news. Glad to hear things are getting better
    for you.

"Don't send flowers when I die. Send money now so I can buy more guns and ammo."
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GHD, I got your number in my cell phone, I got no excuse to not get ahold of you when I come thru!

PA, you archery hunt? May have to get up there during archery season, get into some of them big mountain deer, not these tiny farm deer we have down here! Also I will be planning a trip to Grices soon, the boy still wants one of those John Wayne guns and Grices has them cheap!

BR, it's not the work I miss, it's the paycheck[:D]! Well and I do sorta miss scaring little old ladies[}:)]

dheffley, I'm so glad to see you back posting, we was thinking of you! Sure, I'll give the air horns a big 'ol rip, I like doing that when I get passed by a car with a little kid in the back seat doing the motions for the horns and mom/dad has no idea he is doing it, hehe scares 'em[}:)][:D]

magnum.gif

email.gif
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Allright! I just love a happy ending! Big Daddy

my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ALL RIGHT!! Great news, Bubba. Goes to show you can't keep a *good* man down!
  • bigdaddyjuniorbigdaddyjunior Member Posts: 11,233
    edited November -1
    Actually my first impulse was to say,"'Bout time ya got off your butt and got back to work,think you can lay around milkin' the big teet forever?"A quote from Big Daddy Senior after a building fell on me and I finally got out of the hospital. Good luck and think about getting one of those formula one racing suits, the fireproof jobs with the cool boots. Big Daddy

my heros have always been cowboys,they still are it seems
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Vacation is over, get back to work. [}:)] [:D] [;)]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    WHOO HOO!

Good for you!

Come see me.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com, the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What no snide remarks from "The Law" on this good news?

Guess this news means I'll have to be watching my rear-view mirrors for those Peterbuilt's again... [;)]
  • Shootist3006Shootist3006 Member Posts: 4,171
    edited November -1
    Good news 7![:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p][:p]

NRA ENdowment, CRPA Life, NRA ILA EVC, Past President NRA Members Council
    Quod principi placuit legis habet vigorem. Semper Fidelis
    militarybest_1732_9663365
  • Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    7mm- OUTSTANDING I love it when good stuff happens to good folks!

Glad to hear the good news, sounds like you and Ole' Willie, will be, well, you know...........

fm_cr.jpgcomp45.gif

Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!

People
    Eating
    Tasty
    Animals
  • punchiepunchie Member Posts: 2,792
    edited November -1
    Congrats to you 7, glad things worked out. I run nights M-F with an occasional layover so if you get thru Richmond during the day or on a weekend the coffee is always fresh and plentiful.

AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I woulda went Kenworth- its been said Pete's have a propensity to catch on fire.lol
    Good to hear youre back in the saddle & lots of luck!
    [8D][8D]barto

I didn't do it and I got witnesses!!
  • pikeal1pikeal1 Member Posts: 2,707
    edited November -1
    Congrats. Glad things all worked out for you. Have a safe trip down to Memphis.

"The only way American citizens can adequately be protected from terror and violence is when" those in authority protect us from those who would harm us, instead of protecting us from ourselves.
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm glad to hear it, 7mm. Now, get back to work and stay safe!

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT Criminals
  • greeker375greeker375 Member Posts: 3,644
    edited November -1
    Hey 7

Drive safe in your new rig...and when you get back on an even keel add a good caliber (375 H&H) to your arsenal.

[8D]Greeker[:D]
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shoot ya they hired you, good help is hard to find. Just keep the clean side up and the dirty side down on your new rig. Glad everything came around for you. Hammer down..
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your diligence in the past is being cashed in now when you need it. I wished the younger generation could learn that lesson.

I'm pleased you're back on track.

Clouder..
  • The LawThe Law Member Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kind'a feel sorry for the "Dog" though...[V]

"Don't mistake my honesty for weakness...
  • mousemouse Member Posts: 3,624
    edited November -1
    Glad to hear you'll be rollin down the road again. Thanks for the
    update. Sapp Bros in Omaha off I80 if your in the area, buy you
    a cup of joe. Mouse
  • shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
    edited November -1
    Great news. Hammer down good buddy [:)]
  • sodbustersodbuster Member Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    7mm nut:
    I apologize for waiting so long to give ya a congratulations but here is is [:D]CONGRATULATIONS[:D].
    My dad owns his own truck, (well lets say it's the banks and they let him drive it) but getting in that drivers seat and trucking is a passion to him. There are times where he doesn't have a load for a few days of even maybe a week or two. This drives him nuts!!
    The waiting is behind you, good luck and drive safe!![^],,,sod

"We have therefore to resolve to conquer or die: Our won Country's
    Honor, all call upon us for vigorous and manly exertion, and if we
    now shamefully fail, we shall become infamous to the whole world.
    Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the
    aid of the supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate
    and encourage us to great and noble Actions." --George Washington

praying.jpg
  • sandman2234sandman2234 Member Posts: 894 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stay Safe, and get by the house as often as you can. Sandman2234

Have Gun, will travel
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    7mm, sometimes work is a real drag, but it sure beats the heck out of unemployment doesn't it?

Glad to see you are back running!