In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

.380 Mauser HSc

mowartmowart Member Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 2005 in General Discussion
Has anyone shot it? Would it make a good cc weapon?

Comments

• HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Yes. Yes. Was issued to and carried by German police and military personnel.

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." Winston Churchill

volenti non fit injuria
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Awesome li'l .380 with a very unique design. Go for it![8D]

topcat1.jpg Don't "F" with kitty!! unamerican.gif
  • PearywPearyw Member Posts: 3,699
    edited November -1
    I have a couple of the commercial models. They are good pistols. The only thing I don't care for is that you have to insert a magazine to close the slide.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HAIRY
    Yes. Yes. Was issued to and carried by German police and military personnel.

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." Winston Churchill

volenti non fit injuria

The .380 version of the Mauser HSc is/was strictly a post World War II commercial pistol. The West German Mauser organization made them starting in the late 60's. Gamba in Italy took over production in the early 80's.

Virtually all the W W II production for the nazi's were in 32 ACP/7.65mm.

luger_4.jpg
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info and correction; rufe-snow. I have one in each caliber and wasn't aware of the difference.

volenti non fit injuria