In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

PETA Don't cook them fishes

alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
edited July 2005 in General Discussion
Activists want fish off aquarium menu

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - An animal rights group has called on one of the largest aquariums in the United States to stop serving fish to its visitors, likening the practice to grilling up "poodle burgers at a dog show."

"It's easy to think of fish as swimming vegetables but of all the places in the country where fish should get a fair shake it's an aquarium," said Karin Robertson, manager of the Fish Empathy Project for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals.

Robertson sent a letter to the Aquarium of the Pacific in Long Beach, near Los Angeles, asking directors to take fish off the cafeteria lunch menu, adding: "Serving fish at an aquarium is like serving poodle burgers at a dog show."

She said that recent studies show that fish are surprisingly "intelligent, sensitive and interesting animals" and that the aquarium was contradicting that message by cooking them for lunch.

Jerry Schubel, aquarium president, said in a statement that the facility served only sustainable and environmentally friendly fish and was committed to educating the public about conserving ocean environments.

Delta.gif

tn_people112.gif

Comments

• beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey dumb***, fish eat OTHER FISH.

Usually without the benefit of killing them first. . .They just take big bloody bites. .

I'd like to hear this PETA person ask the aquarium to stop feeding fish to their fish. Perhaps the sharks would enjoy a seaweed diet.

Or better yet, he should ask the big fish directly to stop eating the poor little fish. After all, the fish are really intelligent and sensitive (just like the PETA people) so I'm sure they would get the hint and make the appropriate dietary changes.

By the way, does anyone know where I can get a nice rare poodle steak?
    Sashimi-thumb.jpg
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I heard that on NPR a few days ago. The way the P.E.T.A. are going they'll be eating hay organically grown (for sure man[:D]). Since only nature's creatures can feed on others I guess humans aren't nature's creatures.

As for poodle steak/burgers I'd rather have a nice what ever part of the whale is equal to a Porterhouse.
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    "Fish are animals" ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Someone better repeat science class.[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • gunrunner68gunrunner68 Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are poodle burgers any good????

"I did not get where I am today by worring about what I did last night"
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gunrunner68
    Are poodle burgers any good????

"I did not get where I am today by worring about what I did last night"

None of that French crap for me. I prefer a well marbled black lab.[:D]

MOLON LABE!
    allahSortbs.jpg
    An evil tree bears evil fruit. You can destroy as much fruit as you want, but it will always grow back, and it will always be evil.

Tear the tree out of the ground by the roots and burn it. Burn it to ash and grind out the embers with your boot until there's nothing left. Not a single spark. Not a single seed.
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    These PETA folks are so twisted that they think they can take death away from the animal kingdom. I'm not even going to pretend to try to understand it.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • Jimmy BossJimmy Boss Member Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pass the hush puppys please.

JBoss......Fear No Fish/peace through superior firepower/If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English, thank a soldier!!!!!!!!!A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    --- Sigmond Freud
  • gagirlgagirl Member Posts: 5,408
    edited November -1
    ok I wont cook it... I like sushi alot!!!!

its all about pucks and bucks
    smilie_schuetze.gif
  • Aspen79seAspen79se Member Posts: 4,707
    edited November -1
    Can I still eat "Fish Tacos" and be ok by PETA? [;)][:D]

Dance Hippo. Dance.
    hippohula.gif
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Aspen79se
    Can I still eat "Fish Tacos" and be ok by PETA? [;)][:D]

Dance Hippo. Dance.
    hippohula.gif

No. However, Pink Tacos are still acceptable.

Ben

logo_chc_79x76.jpg
    Play Ball!!!
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    Yes, fish are animals. They are not vegetable, nor are they mineral. That only leaves one other option.

And tasty animals they are. Especially deep fried catfish.

FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email gpd035@sbcglobal.net
  • kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    quote:She said that recent studies show that fish are surprisingly "intelligent, sensitive and interesting animals" and that the aquarium was contradicting that message by cooking them for lunch.

On the flip side, most vegetables are "intelligent, sensitive, and interesting" compared to PETA members, so would it be fair to kill and eat vegetables and not PETA members?[;)]

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif
  • shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
    edited November -1
    Had some stripped bass last nite, and I'm having beef tenderloin wrapped in bacon tonite with freedom fries, brown gravy on the fries and salad.

Peta can go you know where. They are freaks.

Probably be stripped bass again tomorrow. Can't get enough of that you know.

I think the Peta folks should start eatin concrete, unless its inteligent and sensitive.
  • dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dakotashooter2
    "Fish are animals" ?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Someone better repeat science class.[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

I guess that will be me. Brain must still be asleep.
  • dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gagirl
    ok I wont cook it... I like sushi alot!!!!
    Yummy, me too. Save some for me gagirl!
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    I always order the pan-flied Chi Wa Wa at my favorite Chinese eatery.

And down here in Louisiana, some cajuns managed to cross a cat with a fish, so they can market them to the Vietnamese restaurants as catfish without arousing suspicion. Doing pretty well--you can order them prepared with or without the fur. TAST-EEEEE!!! [8D][:D]

Who's been teaching BASS to STRIP? Always thought they were STRIPED bass. [;)]