In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Is your Congressman Jewish?

Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
edited June 2009 in General Discussion
OK, so the country is in financial turmoil and near economic collapse. A federal bailout must immediately be implemented or we're all doomed!

So what does Congress do? THEY TAKE OFF FOR ROSH HASHANA! I have all the respect in the world for religious holidays but how many Congressmen and women are Jewish? Why aren't the "gentiles" burning the midnight oil if we're in such a crisis? Are we seriously to believe that they will all be attending temple services?

What a bunch of schmucks. [:(!]

Comments

• dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    quote:Are we seriously to believe that they will all be attending temple services?

Nope..... they will spend the day trying to save their personal finances!!!!!!!!

Just kidding.
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oye Veh! What I want to know is how much we are paying for these meanies to fly to and from Washington for this holiday.
  • RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    Typical government employees. They'll seize any opportunity to generate another paid day off.
  • asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know, I've never looked!
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sander Levin and his brother , senator Carl....[xx(]
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,401 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let's just see if those lazy bums ask for Christmas off also. I doubt if all the country's troubles are going to disappear in 12+ weeks!
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • COLTCOLT Member Posts: 12,637 ******
    edited November -1
    ...There are a LOT of the bozos at the Capital doing what they call "working" (I call BS)...just not in "session"...[;)]

ani-texas-flag-2.gif
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    arn't they all?
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Yes, Arlen Specter is Jewish.

Which matters not to me.

What matters is that he is a self-serving POS turncoat who would do anything to get re-elected.[:(!]
  • indy_kidindy_kid Member Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by PBJloaf
    Yes, Arlen Specter is Jewish.

Which matters not to me.

What matters is that he is a self-serving POS turncoat who would do anything to get re-elected.[:(!]

And how is that different from almost every elected official? There are few, if any, "Mr. Smiths" working on behalf of the common man any more. Just look at how many politicians are lawyers. That scares me more than them being Repub or Demo, or Green or Libertarian.

You know something is wrong when a "Tax Simplification Bill" runs 14,000 pages. We know NO ONE has ever read the entire thing, and I have not doubt you'd find dozens of Pork Projects throughout the Bill.