In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Robbie Knievel

Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
edited January 2009 in General Discussion
He is somewhat of a * but he is jumping something tonight on Fox.

I want to see him complete these jumps on a 1970s Sportster like his old man did. Get rid of that modern sissy boy suspension the new bikes have.

Comments

• footlongfootlong Member Posts: 8,009
    edited November -1
    Lets get him a skate board and tie 40,000 bottle rockets on. Lite the fuse and AWAY WE GO[:D][:D]
  • iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    Loved his dad back in the day. Had all the Evel "stuff." Remember him trying to jump the Snake River Canyon. Thought it killed the poor SOB when he landed in the water! Robbie is just a punk wannabe. [^]
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There's an Aussie that beat Evil's record jumps.
  • BeeramidBeeramid Member, Moderator Posts: 7,264 ******
    edited November -1
    Robbie Maddison did an impressive jump on ESPN earlier.
  • AndreS123AndreS123 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seth Enslow overshot his world record attempt landing ramp a few years back.....

Robbie kinievel is such a fake when compared to any real MX/SX Pro racers. 'Rusty' from the 'crusty demons of dirt' group would do that same jump with his bare butt hanging off the back of the bike.
  • dennisjohnsondennisjohnson Member Posts: 471 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm with warpig.....do those jumps on an old harley like his dad did.....then you'd be breaking records. a dirtbike with 24+ inch suspention travel VS. a Ironhead sporty is like comparing a mustang to a school bus.[;)]
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    Did you watch the jump? IMO pretty unimpressive. Hell, the computer graphics of the jump were better than the real thing. That other guy who jumped earlier was WAY better!
  • TooBigTooBig Member Posts: 28,560 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well one thing for sure those guys have job security because you won't catch me trying to out do them. Now be honest would you.
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fshfndr
    Well one thing for sure those guys have job security because you won't catch me trying to out do them. Now be honest would you.

Well not now. I'm too old. But last nights jump was a wanker compared to the stuff Evil did.
    If I had thought there would come a day when you could get a huge payday for no more than that. I might have given it a shot at one time.
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Warpig883

I want to see him complete these jumps on a 1970s Sportster like his old man did. Get rid of that modern sissy boy suspension the new bikes have.

Fix it for you.
  • iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

1969 Caesar's Jump was on a Triumph and after that Evil use a H-D XR 750. Might look like a Sporty, but is isn't.
  • mondmond Member Posts: 6,458
    edited November -1
    I had some anti's jump over a farm 5 bar gate & river ,better than any m/cycle stunt rider the other day when they were getting coursed across the field by a 4x4 [:D] Bstds ..[^]
  • TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    I want to see him complete these jumps on a 1970s Sportster like his old man did.Evel Knievel used a modified XR750 in most of his jumps.

If you look closely at the footage of his Caeser's Palace crash and you'll see he was riding a Triumph. This was back in his pre-Harley sponsorship days.
  • cowdoccowdoc Member Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was watching it I was thinking to myself it would be really cool if they had some slednecks doing their thing on sleds. Now that would be impresive. Imho
  • select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Txs
    I want to see him complete these jumps on a 1970s Sportster like his old man did.Evel Knievel used a modified XR750 in most of his jumps.

If you look closely at the footage of his Caeser's Palace crash and you'll see he was riding a Triumph. This was back in his pre-Harley sponsorship days.

You are correct. Maybe Robbie will try and jump a canyon?
  • SpartacusSpartacus Member Posts: 14,415
    edited November -1
    evel was in the right place at the right time.
    became a huge celebrity. Wide world of sports, movies etc.

no matter what Robbie (or anyone else) rides, he'll never be as big as his old man.

wonder what/who the next "sensation" will be?
    any guesses?

tom
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    TV had a guy on today named
    Robbie Madden I think was his name.. Jumped onto the Arc D' Triumph in Vegas and free fell back onto another ramp..

, as we reported recently. As part of the Red Bull: New Year No Limits special, Madden will attempt to jump 120 feet high to the Arc de Triomphe replica from a ramp in the Paris Las Vegas driveway; after landing on the 96-foot foot Arc, Madden will then jump from it onto a massive landing ramp 50 feet below.