In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Kodak Camera

CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
edited January 2009 in General Discussion

Comments

• Jacob2008Jacob2008 Member Posts: 19,528 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dunno but i'd kill for a milky way right now
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    Not alot unless you happen to find someone who collects this model. My dad sells ameras and this one would go for maybe $20.00. Better off sitting it on a shelf and just looking at it. It looks cool anyway. He has hundreds of old Kodaks and can't give them away. Even high dollar cameras are not going for much. Names like Linholf, Leica, Hasselblad to name a few. These used to sell for thousands and now you might get a few hundred dollars for them.
  • iluvgunsiluvguns Member Posts: 5,351
    edited November -1
    quote:dunno but i'd kill for a milky way right now

Naw...Snickers are much better. [:p]

As far as the camera...I don't have a clue! Looks cool though.
  • leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reminds of fallout 3...
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can buy them on eBay all day for $1 - $5. I sold cameras for years and I could never sell that model for over $12 (in mint condition w/box and paper work) in the camera gold rush years ending in 1998. If I remember right that model takes 620 film, which a few years ago was available if you looked real hard. With all the film companies dropping film sizes, I doubt if you could find film for it anymore.

It makes a nice mantle piece if you clean it up.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    I have a couple I picked up at garage sales, figuring they were valuable. They are not. I will end up screwing them to the crossbeam on my living room ceiling for decoration.
  • Bubba Jr.Bubba Jr. Member Posts: 8,176 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I took several old Kodak box cameras, filled them with gravel from the driveway, and used them for bookends. Once I took a Kodak #3 Folding horizontal camera with a red bellows and made a housing for a mailbox alarm for my mother. When the mailman would open the mailbox it would send a signal to the receiver, setting off a shrill alarm. She had the alarm setting on a table in her front room. I figured an antique camera would look better, so I installed the alarm inside the camera. She got all kinds of positive comments from her visitors. Another time I took a Kodak Jr. 120 camera and made a clock out of it. I removed the shutter assembly and installed the quartz clock works in it's place. Made a nice mantel clock.

Just a few ideas to extend the usefulness of these old relics. I would never advocate the destruction of a valuable camera to make something. But a lot of the old Kodak's, Ansco's, Agfa's, and other cheap cameras will never be worth much, and might as well be made into something useful.
  • MossbergboogieMossbergboogie Member Posts: 12,211
    edited November -1
    I like those magnetic nut and bolt pans too.