In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I love this song(letters from home)

SilentKnightSilentKnight Member Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2004 in General Discussion
This is a great song. It almost brings a tear to my eye everytime I hear it. Soldiers are my heros.

Click on "Letters from home" Artist: John Michael Montgomery under "Video"
http://search.launch.yahoo.com/search/lsearch/all?p=letters+from+home

gren_ani.gif

Come and Take it

Comments

• sweetcheekscgsweetcheekscg Member Posts: 229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    that was nice ty so much for posting the link :)
  • Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    I heard that song the other day, it does ROCK!! Thanks for the link.

NSDQ!

American_IR_Flag.jpgr6team.gifNS_Crest.jpg

"The Lord knows the way I take, and when He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold" JOB 23:10
  • Indy7373Indy7373 Member Posts: 967 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is a nice song. I also like Dolly Partons "Welcome Home Son" song.

Happiness is a warm gun.
  • FrOgFrOg Member Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree. My wife and I didn't like it much when we first heard it but the lyrics really made it grow on us. I love the idea that no matter what's going on or what everyone is feeling "he picks up his gun and gets back to work". True picture of the common soldier.

Frog

divemed1sm.jpg18car99.gif850351.jpg

GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY
    Don't Mess with Texas / Don't Mess with Poland
  • Elk HunterElk Hunter Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Both of my sons are currently involved In Operation Iraqi Freedom. One in the United States Marines and one in the United States Navy. My Marine is actively involved in combat. Not something a father wants to see his son do, but grateful that there are those who will defend our freedom with their lives! I come from a long line of military service, and even served myself but never had to serve in combat. Both my sons and father have. Proud? I couldn't be more so! Didn't mean to get on my soapbox. Last letter from my son was pretty heavy. He held another soldiers hand under fire while he passed on to see the Lord. Pretty hard to take for a young man of 22 years of age. His last words to me were "God has my back!".

Both have my boys said that letters and packages from home are keeping them going!

Just a note to those who would protest, you have the right to your opinion, but I have the right not to hear it, so keep it to yourself. Thanks.
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SilentKnight
    Soldiers are my heros.

Eh?....Oh right, I'm one of those!

Show your appreciation and send beer! [:D]

"If I could have gotten 51 votes in the Senate for an outright ban, picking up all of them, "Mr. and Mrs. America, turn them all in," I would have." -Sen. Dianne Feinstein

feinstein2.bmp
  • ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Elk Hunter
    Just a note to those who would protest, you have the right to your opinion, but I have the right not to hear it, so keep it to yourself. Thanks.

I've said it before, but "Only in America will one man give his life to protect your right to tell him he's wrong to."

I'm thankful every day that there are courageous American men (for there are no "boys" in combat) pointing guns at our enemies, and I would gladly join them if called upon to do so.