In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Just offered a 7 mm w/ Leupold for $900.00

texshootertexshooter Member Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2004 in General Discussion
A friend of mine needs some cash. Came to me and offered a 7mm mag Rem 700 Sendero, Leupold mounts and rings, and a Luepold 4 1/2 X 14 AO with target knobs. Been fired about 50 times. 98-99%

I offered to loan him the money. He said he did not want the gun back.

I have owned and shot a lot of rifles, but never a 7mm mag.

Any advice on this deal?

I will see it tomorrow.

National Rifle Association Endowment Member-Texas State Rifle Association Life member

Comments

• Options
    oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not nearly enough information. There are about twenty seven thousand versions of the Rem 700. Most of them are not worth anywhere near that, but some of them are. You need details, condition, version, etc. You would also do better to ask on the "Experts" forum..Sorry I can't do more, and welcome to the forum!

Jim

There are no bad guns, only bad people.
  • Options
    JackBwrJackBwr Member Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like the last guy said, not sure what version that is but there's a lot to consider. I just bought a nib Rem Model 700 7mm mag with the grey wood laminate stock in stainless steel and put a 3.5 x 10 x 50mm Leupold Vari X-III on it that I got off ebay new. I'd consider what type of stock it is. The laminate I believe goes for a little more? Correct me if I'm wrong. What year is the model? SS barell? Also really depends on the scope. Is it a new Vari X-III '04 model or is it the older version? 40mm or 50 obj. lens dia? Adj obj. is nice. Leupolds hold they're value pretty well. Sounds like a nice scope. This is used though. Tough call. Would have to know the details.
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    texshooter, If it's the Stainless Fluted version of the Sendero you're probably in the ballpark considering the Leupold on it and very low round count. If it's the laminated, matte blue version....a bit high...$75-$100. I just bought a Stainless Fluted 7mmSTW that had been fired 5-10 times and got 140 rounds of ammo(albeit, I pulled the bullets and reloaded the brass) for $525.00! That was a deal. And it was through a gunshop! Are the Senderos accurate? I have never heard of a bad Sendero! I have owned several and shot a lot and have yet to see one that either wasn't "downtown" or could get that way pretty easily with some minor tweaking! The first 3 loads I loaded for the STW using 3 different powders and 150 grain Sierra MatchKings yeilded groups that the worst averaged .496!!! To say the guy I put it together for and worked loads up was pleased was an understatement! GHD
  • Options
    JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try to get it for $800,...but if you pay $900 you won't be getting ripped. The Sendero is superbly accurate,..in EVERY example I have used. I have the 7mm mag SF version,..and she is sub .5 MOA at 400+yds. If you plan to shoot long range,..buy it!!

why chase the game when the bullet can get em from here?....
    Got Balistics?
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll second the Senderos accuracy, they're essentially the big-game variant of their VS model. I had a factory VSSF in .220 Swift that would honestly shoot under 1/2" (the only gun I've EVER had that would do that, and it did it from the factory).
    I think that price is on the high side, but not a rip-off.
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.