In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Gunbroker Personals.

Supreme OneSupreme One Member Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 2004 in General Discussion
Hello, I keep getting these darn pop-ups for all these dating services and personal ads and such. Well I was thinking, what if we had that on here? Imagine it, gun-guys hook up with gun-girls and make gun-kids. That would be awsome. But the only reason they have those services is because they make money. So what if we made one that was free to Gunbroker members? I know we all pretty much just sit on here when we are at the computer anyway, so why not let the single ones find ways to not be single anymore? Just my thoughts, nothing more.

Michael

Paranoid keeps you alive, worry just gives you stomach problems.
- .- -.- . / -- -.-- / .- -.. ...- .. ... . --..-- / .. .----. -- / -. --- - / ..- ... .. -. --. / .. - / .- -. -.-- .-- .- -.-- .-.-.-
Politics- From the words poly, meaning many, and tics, which are just little blood suckers.
.-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / .- / ... . -..- ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / - .-. .- -. ... -- .. - - . -.. / -.. .. ... . .- ... . .-.-.-
If "con" is the opposite of "pro," then what is the opposite of progress?
sound

Comments

• drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All sorts of places I could go to with this but I wont! [;)]

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg
  • hawkeye6020hawkeye6020 Member Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    seems like there is mostly guys or married women on here.

"Life is not a journey to the grave wtih the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body,

But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming

-WOW- WHAT A RIDE!!!!!"
  • gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    This is one idea that should die of lonelyness. [8D]

Greg
    Former Marine
    A N G L I C O
  • Supreme OneSupreme One Member Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello, "This is one idea that should die of lonlyness." Kind of like how your dictionary died of not being used to help you spell tough words like "loneliness"?

Michael

Paranoid keeps you alive, worry just gives you stomach problems.
    - .- -.- . / -- -.-- / .- -.. ...- .. ... . --..-- / .. .----. -- / -. --- - / ..- ... .. -. --. / .. - / .- -. -.-- .-- .- -.-- .-.-.-
    Politics- From the words poly, meaning many, and tics, which are just little blood suckers.
    .-.. .. ..-. . / .. ... / .- / ... . -..- ..- .- .-.. .-.. -.-- / - .-. .- -. ... -- .. - - . -.. / -.. .. ... . .- ... . .-.-.-
    If "con" is the opposite of "pro," then what is the opposite of progress?
    sound
  • RugerNinerRugerNiner Member Posts: 12,636 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Kind of like
    Now there is proper English. [:D] [:D] [8D]

sniper1.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    awcountdown_sm.gifhttp://www.awbansunset.com/
    spn05j5e04xq.gif

Keep your Powder dry and your Musket well oiled.
    NRA Lifetime Benefactor Member.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I hear there is a model on here...

[}:)]

oswald.jpg

Mateomasfeo

"I am what I am!" - Popeye
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    It is an intriguing idea, but it would probably be about as fruitful as hanging out at a gun show or sporting goods store to meet women.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • chappsynychappsyny Member Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you want to meet women just buy a puppy. Preferably one with a hurt paw, then go to your nearest beach, grocery store produce section, or community college. If your landlord won't let you have a dog get a tiny kitten. Failing that, borrow a friend's infant for a few hours and go to the nearest C.C. with a early childhood development major. Most of the women who are into that major are looking to settle down with a kid-friendly guy.

If all else fails, check out www.overweightdates.com

Good luck.

New Hampshire, USA - "Live Free or Die!!!"
  • mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NUNN,
    the next time a 20 something single, attractive, interesting white female walks comes into the shop, i will let you know. dont go holding yout breath though...

i wouldnt mind doing dinner and a movie with FRUEDIAN SLIPPERS, if she was so inclined, single, and within a 100 mile radius of my home.

i cannot locate a nice, normal, old fashioned single girl under 30 anywere. the good ones are all taken, or they are avoiding me. best regards, mike.

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    That's the nice thing about being older. It broadens the range of interesting females.

Of course, you can always go for the older gals.

SIG pistol armorer/FFL Dealer/Full time Peace Officer, Moderator of General Discussion Board on Gunbroker. Visit www.gunbroker.com the best gun auction site on the Net! Email davidnunn@texoma.net
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,934 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats one thing I have wondered, since I have gotton older, Have my standards lowered or my eyesite gotton worse? Don [}:)][:D][}:)]

"Right is Right, even is everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it"
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    quote: If your landlord won't let you have a dog get a tiny kitten.

I had an idea a few months back for something to sell.
    People will buy anything.

My "thing" was a product that would make a date who visits your apartment think you had a kitten.

For one low price, you would get a small litter box, some used litter with small kitten droppings, and some food for a bowl.

Then you just tell the date "The kitten is really shy. It's hiding somewhere".

The wife thought this was really stupid.

I had a brainstorm of other great ideas around the same time, but as usual, she thought them all too ridiculous, and I never wrote them down.
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    like dcon 12 i have noticed females in general are getting better looking , about the only thing improving with age, at this rate they will all be BUNNIES.!!!!!!!!!!!!boy scouts for boy scouts...men's clubs for men's clubs,,,gunbroker for gunbroker.....vive la difference
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RugerNiner
    quote:Kind of like
    Now there is proper English. [:D] [:D] [8D]

sniper1.gif Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!
    awcountdown_sm.gifhttp://www.awbansunset.com/

[:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • longhunterlonghunter Member Posts: 3,242
    edited November -1
    Lots a nice woman over on the political forum.......[:D][}:)]
  • Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrmike08075

i cannot locate a nice, normal, old fashioned single girl under 30 anywhere. the good ones are all taken, or they are avoiding me. best regards, mike.

Old fashioned and under 30 is rather oxymoronic, don't you think?

avitar.jpg
    Semper Fi

Remember Ruby Ridge.

Experience is the best teacher and usually charges accordingly.

lafayette.gif
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • redrebelredrebel Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like a good idea to me.

I'll write an ad

SWM ISO SWF

28 year old male seeks white female of any age 18 - 99.
    She must have a nice gun collection and a hefty bank
    account. Looks are not important, but you must be proficient
    in gun cleaning and field dressing. Cooking and cleaning is
    a must, and must own own house. Please remit all pictures
    of gun collection, house, and bank ledger to
    redrebel66@yahoo.com.

Thank you. I look forward to your reponses.

[}:)][:p][}:)]

powder_solvent.JPG

Oh Hoppe's No. 9 you are so fine.

I need to get me some more of those bullet propulsion devices.

One shot, one kill, 29 more for the thrill.
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In other words what the man is saying is misery loves company!
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:

28 year old male seeks white female of any age 18 - 99.
    She must have a nice gun collection and a hefty bank
    account. Looks are not important, but you must be proficient
    in gun cleaning and field dressing. Cooking and cleaning is
    a must, and must own own house. Please remit all pictures
    of gun collection, house

Thats about right with just one addition a Built in On off Volume control switch[:D]

use_deer.jpgnysrpa.jpgtnusa.gifNoPETA.jpg
    "NOW GO HOME AND GET YOUR BLANKIN SHINE BOX!"
    (Billy Batts in Goodfellas)
  • 925925 Member Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ok I'll write one

22 short,hasn't been chambered for quite some time,looking for small bore companion.
    will consider larger bores,but can't garentee the cartrige won't fall out or fail to fire.
    I've never had an ejection problem but if you bore is dirty I may not chamber at all.
    If you have an exotic chamber you may expiriance a slam fire,but after proper cleaning normal operation can be expected.

I look forward to your report,if you are bored,I've got the brass to ignight your desire.
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    925--I won't touch that one with a 10-foot smokepole [:D]
  • bartobarto Member Posts: 4,734 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    And Josep Poznowski, a 10-foot Pole, wouldn't touch it either.
    [xx(][xx(]barto

Win some, lose some.
    Winning's better.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    925...[:0] [:0] [:0]

That should stir up a response. [:D]

The gene pool needs chlorine.
  • STRIPPER-TIPPERSTRIPPER-TIPPER Member Posts: 323 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A SITE AS DESCRIBED. I HAVE A HARD TIME MEETING WOMEN WHO ARE NOT AGAINST GUNS,CAMPING,HUNTING,ETC..
  • Gibbs505Gibbs505 Member Posts: 3,175
    edited November -1
    Oh boy this is a wild one. Anyone remember that Alaskan town that brought a bunch of women in? Maybe the board could do something like that???
    Not for me though, the wife wouldn't use a gun, just a sharp knife!!

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
  • chorkiechorkie Member Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    THAT'S IT- We'll import a bunch of Russian women[}:)]
    Chorkie

???