In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bush 7, Kerry 2

shooter4shooter4 Member Posts: 4,457
edited October 2004 in General Discussion
On my way back from Joe's today (a 25 or so mile drive) I saw 7 Bush signs and only 2 Kerry signs.

And we are in NJ. Probably the most democrapic state outside of CA.

Go Bush.

Comments

• Options
    tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my neck of the woods (NW Ohio), they're pretty even. But one thing I've noticed is that the Kerry supporters average about 4 signs per yard, while the Bush supporters have just one per! Not sure what that indicates. Desperation, maybe? [:)]
  • Options
    ameriskinameriskin Member Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i've seen only one bush sign in this area, and probably a couple thousand kerry. once in awhile i'll see a bush bumper sticker. madison is such a liberal town, i almost forget there are other republicans in this world[V]

cody
  • Options
    chappsynychappsyny Member Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's hard to go by the number of signs, though. There are slightly more Kerry signs then bush around my neck of the woods, but I know the Kerry people are running around destroying or stealing bush signs so I'm not too concerned.

New Hampshire, USA - "Live Free or Die!!!"
  • Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where I live, you know where you are in town by whose campaign signs are posted. Section I live in...haven't seen a Kerry sign...or even a bumper sticker come to think of it. Go a mile or so west, and all you'll see are Kerry signs.

My parish (Louisiana) will probably go Kerry, but the state will go Bush.

John

The original point and click interface was made by Smith & Wesson
  • Options
    salzosalzo Member Posts: 6,396 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The amount of signs doesnt mean snot-In 2000, up where I hut in NY there were LAZIO signs everywhere you looked-not one Hillary sign-Guess who won? Not only did she win the state, she won the county where I was seeing all the LAZIO signs.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man
  • Options
    robomanroboman Member Posts: 6,436
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by salzo
    The amount of signs doesnt mean snot-In 2000, up where I hut in NY there were LAZIO signs everywhere you looked-not one Hillary sign-Guess who won? Not only did she win the state, she won the county where I was seeing all the LAZIO signs.

"Waiting tables is what you know, making cheese is what I know-lets stick with what we know!"
    -Jimmy the cheese man

Let's hope Salzo's situation is correct because in my town I see about 15 Kerry signs for every Bush.

signew.JPG
    aniGif.gif
    "The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long..."

Visit
    http://www.cafepress.com/RightToBearArms for great Second Amendment Merchandise!
  • Options
    BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    Poor ol' Rick Lazio...I wonder what's he up to these days? He gonna get back on the horse for the next Senatorial election?

"Our finest tribute to our fallen dead would be to convince their sons that we were not Rambo and neither are they. -Gus Hasford
  • Options
    idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thought Bush was supposed to be getting Lazio some kind of HUD job which would have stimied some of the gun control nazis in the HUD department. I don't know Lazio but I knew that he was running against Hillary. I was stationed at Fort Drum during that race and noticed the same thing that salzo noticed. Lazio signs/stickers vastly outnumbered Hillary signs/stickers. I guess Hillary was like a chocolate bar to a bulemic. Gotta keep that secret desire hidden and then go to the polls and make yourself PUKE by punching the Hillary ticket.
  • Options
    zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have about 75% Bush and 25% Scarry.

Jason
    Proud NRA member
    "The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that...it is there right and duty to be at all times armed."
    Thomas Jefferson 1824

Made_in_USA_135_Black1.jpg

us-flag1.gif
    IMG_8700145.jpg
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
    My neighborhood is depressing. I took a little drive around our subdivision yesterday. I only saw two signs, one mine, the other my next-door neighbor's, both Bush.

I suppose the folks around here don't have much interest in this election. Pretty sad.
  • Options
    Doc FeelgoodDoc Feelgood Member Posts: 542 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In my area the Bush signs far outnumber the Skerry signs. When you do see Skerry signs there will be three or four in one yard but only one Bush sign per yard. The Bush signs still have a five or six to one majority. And this is in Lawsuit Edwards' home state.
  • Options
    TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not many of either here. But yards with Kerry have 2 or more signs which is illegal here.
    You can only have one campaign sign per candidate per yard.
    Yards with Bush signs have only one sign. They follow the law.

Nowhere in the U.S. Constitution does it state: "Seperation of Church and State".

"Those who beat their guns into plow shares; will plow for those who don't."

62038332.jpgawcountdown.gif

"Isaiah 5:20 ?Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by TheBrassMan: quote:Not many of either here. But yards with Kerry have 2 or more signs which is illegal here.
    You can only have one campaign sign per candidate per yard.
    Yards with Bush signs have only one sign. They follow the law.

And this comes as a surprise to . . . . ????

Lies and defiance of law is second nature to these vermin. I figure most of those supporting kerry share more DNA with maggots than humans . . . which is why they are so opposed to DDT!

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the french." (Mark Twain) ". . . And liberals." (me)