In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

TRICKED again! I'm hopelessly addicted.

idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
edited October 2004 in General Discussion
Hmm....where do I start....

I listen to Glenn Beck whenever I can. He recommended that his audience rent the first season of "24" and watch it. I don't watch television except for the rare public television Charlie Rose interview. I kinda like Charlie Rose for no tangible reason whatsoever. Well, I did it this summer. I rented Disk 1 of Season 1 of the TV show "24". I was ADDICTED! I raced to the video store and rented the next 2 disks. I watched the whole first season over the course of the summer.

Then I made the mistake again. I went to the video store last night and rented the first disk of season 2. I watched it and raced back to the store to rent the second disk. The suspense is killing me! I know this show is pure junk food for the brain which is why I don't watch TV but this is addictive!

If you DON'T like being hooked then DON'T do what I did. Don't rent Disk 1 of Season 1 of the TV show "24". Otherwise, prepare to reap the consequences!

Comments

• Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    Hmmm- You got me- What are you talking about???
  • laisterrlaisterr Member Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're right, "24" is very addicting.
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a television show. It is called "24"

The drama is real-time without any time lapse. The first season sets it all up. If you didn't see the first episode then you will be cheating yourself if you watch anything BUT the first episode of the first season. I personally recommend going to the video store (Blockbuster usually has it) and renting the first DVD of the first season. It has 4 shows on it. Each show WOULD last an hour but they had to account for commercial breaks. 15 minutes of show, 6 minutes of commercial (not shown on DVD obviously) and then another 15 minutes of show. However, 6 minutes of the story has lapsed. It's all real-time. It's action-packed and conspiracy-packed. It has to do with national security, terrorism, alphabet agencies etc... SIG Sauer gets a LOT of face-time on the show as well.

Well, time to watch the fourth episode of Season 2.

P.S. I already guessed the true identity of the soon-to-be father-in-law in Season 2 BEFORE it was revealed. I'm getting good at anticipating certain twists in the plot. However, you NEVER know how the plot is going to twist or get more complicated.
  • TheBrassManTheBrassMan Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My father-in-law has the first season on DVD. Still haven't watched it.

Nowhere in the U.S. Constitution does it state: "Seperation of Church and State".

"Those who beat their guns into plow shares; will plow for those who don't."

62038332.jpgawcountdown.gif

"Isaiah 5:20 ?Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!"
  • James AyersJames Ayers Member Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [8D]GIVE A SNOT-GIVE A SNOT[xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]

On your mark-get set- go away!!
    edited November -1
    TBM--I'm almost done with the first DVD of the second season. I'm liking the second season BETTER than the first! Don't watch it! You won't be able to stop!

The second season really raises some moral and constitutional issues. It really made me stop and think right off the bat with the very first scene. I thought Keefer Sutherland was a liberal. He's playing a role that I really like. Heck, the President seems to be a tree-hugging social-program-nut-liberal but his character is QUITE admirable.

Watch Season 1 and then treat yourself to some footage in Season 2 that every man who has seen the first season has been waiting for. [:D] All I'm going to say is "Jack Bauer's daughter". Woo Woo!

James_Ayers--Got a problem tonight?
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by idsman75
    The drama is real-time without any time lapse.

Sounds like an OK show, but don't it get a little slow when he catches his 40 winks at night?
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
    edited November -1
    JamesRK--It's the kind of plot where NOBODY sleeps for 24-hours straight. The entire season encompasses 24 hours. There are several sub-plots going on at the same time and you have to keep them all in mind while watching time inter-relate and support the overall plot of the show. It's HARDLY boring. All characters are involved in the prevention or the promotion of a national-crisis type of situation.

It's not a slow-paced drama. It's got an incredible tempo with almost zero "down time".