In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

204 Ruger!!!

groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
edited May 2004 in General Discussion
Supposed to be here the week of 5/10/04!!! I will have my choice of the Savage variants!!! Spoke to the distributor from the gunshop today and "it's on the way"!! That's kinda like "the check's in the mail" in the gun business!!! Hopefully!!! GHD

Comments

• duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I HAVE A RUGER #1 204. WOOOOW WHAT A SHOOTER. CAN'T WAIT TO GET SET UP TO RELOAD. PD'S LOOK OUT.

I WOULD RATHER BE DUCK HUNTING.
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    duckhunter, The shop got a #1B and also a 77HB Laminated but they didn't stay around long!! I was going to wait on the Savage or the Remington and maybe it will show up on time!!! Send some pics of the "Devastation" with them little 32 grain pills!! Hornady is also offering a 40 grain loading but none of them have shown up here yet! A lot of people seem to think the old model 33grain VMax was the stuff! I may try a few of them too as soon as I have something to shoot them in!!!! GHD
  • ohioghogohioghog Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i'm waiting for some reports from you all on the .204[:p]
    edited November -1
    ohioghog, If it outdoes this old relic from the past, 6mm I'm messing with, it will be a doozy!!![;)][;)][;)] SEND MORE BRASS!!!! I foresee a western foray coming on and if I can have 1000-1500 rounds loaded ahead of time it would be good!!! It is a great varmint round!!! No recoil(if the rifle's heavy enough) and the accuracy is there!!! You haven't(or the rifle hasn't) converted me from the beleif in the 25-06 as the "KING OF THE VARMINTERS" but it is putting on a show!!! GHD
  • OleDukOleDuk Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hee, hee, hee, I just knew it!! Charlie's larnin'!!!
    OleDuk[:)][:)][:)]
  • ohioghogohioghog Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ghd....i can spare about 50-75 6mm shells if you need some. i'm just not shooting as much as i used to. let me know.
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    I took want a report on this rocket. Keep us posted.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I
    advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives
    boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the
    ball and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no
    character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of
    your walks." Thomas Jefferson
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I'm envious! I'm going to wait for the Remington's though...they are supposed to be out very soon. Let us know how it shoots![:)]

Eric

All American Arms Company

Veteran Owned and Operated
    edited November -1
    Just got back from the Salem Va gunshow and there were a couple 204's for sale there.....(1) A #1B for $679.95 and a 77Varmint SS/Laminated for $579.95. I'll just wait for the Savages and Remingtons!! They are starting to show up! My local dealer told me he got one of the 77Varmints also but just set it back because he hadn't gotten any ammo yet! I told him I'd let him have a box if he needed to sell the gun! GHD
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GHD- Your killing my pocket book! [:D][:D][:D]

eyeflash.gif
  • Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GHD...you and me brother..25-06's are awesome. What make do you shoot? Scope?

John

A friend will post your bail. A good friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "man that was fun!"
  • buddybbuddyb Member Posts: 5,235 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where's the 204 Handi-Rifle?
    edited November -1
    Salvage, All my 25-06's have been Remingtons up to this time! I carried a BDL with a 6x18 Redfield on it for years all over the place! That one I got in about 1980 or so. I had a couple ADL's before that one. The last two I've had were both SENDEROS, one matte and one stailess/fluted.....both would shoot! The black matte one had a 6.5-20 Leupold and the SS had a V-16Weaver. I also built one last year that was a 700 action, 26" Shilen #4 contour, teflon coated all metal surfaces and set in a Borden Rimrock stock topped with an 8.5-32 Pentax Lightseeker. The Senderos and the custom one were all coveted by aquaaintances enough for me to part with them! The SS/fluted one may end up back in my safe before long though!!! The guy that got it is now hankering for something different, so I might trade him back out of it!! GHD
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I also built one last year that was a 700 action, 26" Shilen #4 contour, teflon coated all metal surfaces and set in a Borden Rimrock stock topped with an 8.5-32 Pentax Lightseeker.

[:p][:p][:p][:p] [:I]

You dog-[:D]

eyeflash.gif