In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

KNIFE COLLECTORS

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited May 2004 in General Discussion
Went to the local auction tonight, picked up a few knives,
New. SCHRADE-WOLSTENHOLM bone stag handles canoe style two blade, serial numbered, and british hallmarked.

Thinking of putting a couple on the Auction.

What do ya think??

schrade.jpg

"It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
Hudson.gif
900.gif

Comments

• HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Classic-
    What knives do you personally collect?

Love them Pre-64's!!!!-Bob
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    I personally dont collect knives anymore. I do repairs on old Switchblades, for collectors around the US> new handles, springs, and whatever, especially old remingtons, schrades, presto, hammer brands. I have a few old Schrade Double end switch blades.

I had to get special permission from the government to ship and receive switchblades through the mail, as they were considered illegal to ship since 1955, however for collectors and myself as a knifesmith, it can be done..

"It is hard to soar with Eagles when your surrounded by Turkeys"

"I dont care how thin you make a pancake, it still has two sides"

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows.
    Hudson.gif
    900.gif
  • HangfireHangfire Member Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds interesting. I was just curious...thought I'd keep my eye out for anything special for your collection if you had one.

Love them Pre-64's!!!!-Bob
  • gun_runnergun_runner Member Posts: 8,999
    edited November -1
    Nice blade you got there. I know I would be interested in one. Very nice.[:D]

Larry
    runroom_x.gif
  • OklahomaboundOklahomabound Member Posts: 829 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I really prefer the Boker Tree Brand Classic, bone handles, 4 blade, and serial numbered... Like the German made stuff.[:)]

976371019-1.jpg "Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it." Lord Chesterfield
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Classic,
    Never heard of this "special permission" before. How is that obtained, and through who? Switchblades ARE LEGAL here in Az. One of the few states. Mailing them is not, of course. :(

Merc

Insignia?

Nos nullus habitum rancidum insignia!

"Tolerating things you may not necessarily like is part of being free" - Larry Flynt