In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Walmart suprise

bluegoose11bluegoose11 Member Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭
edited May 2004 in General Discussion
I took my grandson to super walmart tonight to get him a toy gun we looked all over the toy section without any luck found a employee still no luck after he had 4 other employee's looking they contacted the toy manager she said walmart had decided to quit selling toy guns it made a bad image for walmart I do have to admit the employees couldn't belive it either

Comments

• ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.realistictoyguns.com [:)]

ruger.jpgGWB_logo_100.gifErie.gifak.jpg01_american_flag.jpg
    www.awbansunset.com
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bluegoose11
    I took my grandson to super walmart tonight to get him a toy gun we looked all over the toy section without any luck found a employee still no luck after he had 4 other employee's looking they contacted the toy manager she said walmart had decided to quit selling toy guns it made a bad image for walmart I do have to admit the employees couldn't belive it either
    That's nothing, won't be long before they stop selling firearms altogether.[:D]

reagan-square.gifCarpe_Scrotum.gif

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Do you ever get that "feeling" when you are in the store, that its "evil"? I will not go in unless its a must cause for something, just don't like them. nambu
  • interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    I hear ya buddy, I detest that place. Feel dirty every time I am there.

reagan-square.gifCarpe_Scrotum.gif

JC

Ted Kennedy's breath has killed more people than my car.
  • 925925 Member Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    back pre 70's my mom worked for a kids health center and they banned toy guns ,guess who got them,man I was the most popular kid on the bock.
  • offerorofferor Member Posts: 8,625 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    In this town, K-Mart is slowly cutting back -- they're the oldest discount chain in town, probably, and have older stores. Meier's doesn't have as good a selection as they claim. Wal-Marts here are new and shiny, clean, and prosperous. Target appears to be doing okay trying to appeal to "upscale bargain hunters," but their stores are older, and I haven't been in one for years -- their variety isn't particularly interesting.

Wal-Mart's prescription drug prices are about the best in this area, in some cases by a large margin. I know because I call around for quotes, not having insurance at present, and when I find a good price I stick with that store on the item until they try to jack it up. There is some fierce competition here among the superstore chains of all types -- household, office, hardware, and groceries. That's the way people here like it, I think. Occasionally a store closes -- while others are building new locations.

I only started going in Wal-Mart recently, so I don't know much good or ill of them from personal experience. I moved a quarter mile from one and started using it as my corner store -- odds and ends, a cheap DVD, car cleaner, prescriptions. I only looked at their guns a couple times before I determined they don't stock much and half of it is Dalys.

I prefer to check the Sunday fliers and spread around my support of discount stores because I don't want one chain to put the others out of business -- after all, if our experience with capitalism proves anything, it's that there's no incentive for competitive pricing without competition. [;)]

T. Jefferson: "[When doing Constitutional interpretation], let us [go] back to the time when [it] was adopted. [Rather than] invent a meaning [let us] conform to the probable one in which it was passed."

NRAwethepeople.jpgNRA Life Member
  • ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    I am an avid Wal Mart shopper - some things just cannot be had at a better value (price to performance ratio) anywhere else. But I have stopped buying fruit from there (bananas that break in half instead of open, for example), and stopped buying ammo when they asked for ID to buy shotgun shells. But I got some good-enough-quality knives for my new apartment very cheaply there, and their garbage cans can't be beat for price. It's really a matter of what you want to buy and what you want out of it. I won't have these knives forever, probably using them no longer than 4 years if I really stretch it out, so Wal Mart is good enough.
  • rmeyerrmeyer Member Posts: 566 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I won't spend a dime in any of their stores. Walmart sucks.
  • Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,306 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Yeah... We went to Dumb-Mart last night. Seen enough weirdos to make a Deliverance sequel[:D]. It has been at least two months since we have been there. I even got the wife to disliken' that dump, but once in a while we end up there.

Aberdeen.gif
    81st FA BN WWII...Thanks Dad
    U!S!A! ALL THE WAY!!
  • BigGameHunter42BigGameHunter42 Member Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i am not a big fan of wal-mart myself their service sucks . maybe some of them are different but the one by me SUCKS [xx(]. i decided to just ask a few dumb questions at the firearms department and the guy working had no clue to what i was talking about . it was very very sad !!!!!! he said "here look at this" and tossed a book on the table and then left . then as i was looking at the guns the price tag had fallen off quite a few of them so i asked the price of one of them and he couldnt even figure that out so i just left !!!and i cant believe they arent selling toy gunsno more that is total B.S. "bad image" whatever!! does anyone know it target still sells toy guns . none of the ones by me sell real working firearms but i havent thought about looking to see about toy guns .
  • azgunnut2@yahoo.comazgunnut2@yahoo.com Member Posts: 305 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes , wally world really sux !!!! I try and avoid them when ever possible ...and true , if you really want an experience , go in ask ask the moron working at the "sporting goods" counter a few technical serious gun questions ??? what a place !!!! and kmart (kamapart?) isnt any better ...One more reason my "shop" does so well .......

Join / Support the NRA
    Guns are my friends !!!

Gunsmith / LEO
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cheaper N Dirt is selling some really cool looking soft air guns. If I was a kid today I would have a huge collection of those things.

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    In Northern California they put BB guns in the firearm display cases as they have ceased firearms sales.

Demonkeygray.gif

125_button_kerry_1971.gif
  • gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by offeror
    Wal-Mart's prescription drug prices are about the best in this area, in some cases by a large margin. I know because I call around for quotes, not having insurance at present, and when I find a good price I stick with that store on the item until they try to jack it up.

Sometime back someone here noted that Costco had the best prices & that you did not have to be a member to use the pharmacy.
    Too bad I don't recall who because he has saved my wife & me quite a bit as he was right on both counts.
    I also discovered that my local Von's pharmacy will price match so now I don't even have to drive to Costco. I just use Costco to get the lower price.
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Red223
    In Northern California they put BB guns in the firearm display cases as they have ceased firearms sales.
    Probably make you fill out a yellow form to buy one too.

MOLON LABE!