In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

FUN AT WORK THIS WEEK

spec.4spec.4 Member Posts: 897 ✭✭✭
edited May 2004 in General Discussion
I have been back in the states for awhile and had the worst week since I have been back. I am an truck drive for a small company and I broke down six times this week. I first truck had an headlite problem. They keep going off on me when I was driving at night. Three times it left me on the side of the road. Then they told me to take another truck, boy, what a piece of crap that was. I got to the truck and it would not start, so I jump start it with my pick-up. Letting it run for over two hours and then leaving for NC. Seven hours later I was north of Charlotte, drop the trailer and waited for the 2nd team to pick it up to go to Ga. Truck would not start, so I had to call shop again. Got that fix, and off to found an empty trailer to pick up another load to head for home. Found one south of Charlotte and the pass. rear brakes where lock up. I did not see or hear any problem until it the tire pop. I was told to report to the safety and they told me that it was an preventable accindent, but I did every thing that I was suppost to do. 4th preventable accindents in 11 month of my new career. I think that I made the wrong career change, I should have stuck with forklifts.

But I did get to go home this weekend[:D]
Have an nice day.

Don't fear the night, fear what hunts at night. ME!!

Comments

• 925925 Member Posts: 441 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see jb hunt signs everywhere,or is that the outfit.
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

I couldn't stop wondering something though.

What happens when you get promoted? Are you going to change your user name here?
  • spec.4spec.4 Member Posts: 897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been promoted twice since I got this user name. As for the bad luck, o-well. It does happen. No I don't work for JB Hunt. I work for a local small company. I have been thinking about going to JB Hunt. Looking for an local run in the next six month.

spec.4[^]

• idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So we should call you SSG spec.4 [:D]

SSG idsman75
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    SPEC.4, If you sign on with any company that pays by the load or by the mile, reliable equipment is a must! Any time i go to work with a new outfit, I go do a pretrip on at least 3 random trucks in the yard. Check out the repair shop. That will tell alot about what kind of quality repairs are being done. Never work for anyone that won't give you an owner responsability form. The only responsability you should accept is for brake adjustment. JB Hunt will hire anybody, keep that in mind when you consider the amount of abuse their equipment gets. Welcome to the world of CDL and keep the shiney side up!
    edited November -1
    Thanks all, I have done jsut that when I join with this company on the pre-trip. As for my name on this board, I like it just fine. I remind me what I was and where I came from.
    spec.4

edited November -1
    Well, I lost my job this week, figure that much, so I am looking for an new job. But here is the kicker. Now my wife wants to drive with me. She already have an CDL and is ready to get on the truck now. Oh yeh.
    [:D]
    spec.4

• Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    poor grammar and spelling.....too poor.

something just doesn't seem right........
    edited November -1
    I am alittle upset, ok. losing one job is not alright. I will correct it later.
    spec.4

• TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    spec.4, Having your wife as a team driver is a plus to the big longhaul outfits. They cater to husband/wife teams, new trucks and dedicated runs = lots of miles and lots of $$$$