In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

My latest project.

ginmasterginmaster Member Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2004 in General Discussion
This is my Mak90 with the proper U.S. parts count.
What do you all think? I modified the cheek rest myself.[8D]

mak90.jpg
mak902.jpg
mak903.jpg

sadie.jpg
Born To Hunt... Forced To Work... #@!#$!!

Comments

• interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    I think you are borderline dangerous and should be reported to the local authorities![}:)]

topcat1.jpg Don't "F" with kitty!! unamerican.gif
  • ATFATF Member Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As Sarah Brady would say,why do you need that??? [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D] [:D]

Eagle_Guns.gif
    standard.jpg
    standard.jpg
    When a worm wants to relax,does he go fishing?  ATF,Eagle Guns
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    Nice rifle!

On mine I wanted the bolt to look 'grey' such as yours does. Too cheap to pay for chrome plating I was looking into other options. One webpage said to sand/polish the steel but I didn't want it to end up rusting.

I eventually found some Moly spray on dry lubricant that really bonds to the steel very well and gave me a bolt looking like yours.
  • MVPMVP Member Posts: 25,074
    edited November -1
    Nice Project[:p]Looks like its Try-Out Time[8D]

girlieman.png
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    WOW! I can't believe how much more friendly and less lethal that looks than the ones that don't have US parts [:o)]
    If you really want to do something, you'll find a way ...
    ... If you don't, you'll find any excuse.
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • ginmasterginmaster Member Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys, I still have some up grades planed.[8D]

sadie.jpg
  • Doc FeelgoodDoc Feelgood Member Posts: 542 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ginmaster, nice work. Looks very efficient and business like. Hope you enjoy shooting it as much as you probably did building it.
  • meunkemeunke Member Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nice! I've been wanting to do the same to my Mak.

I noticed you have the Bulgarian folding stock. I've heard that you have to do a lot of grinding to get that to fit in a Chinese gun. How much work did you have to do to get it to fit?

"Sometimes love makes you selfish. Sometimes it just makes you stupid. Sometimes it reminds you why you love your gun."
    - Anita Black
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    you just po'd diane finestien big time - you evil doer!!
    now your going to flood the streets with evil[:p]
    Good going!!!
    walte
  • easygo6easygo6 Member Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great, I like...

"They're in front of us, they're behind us, they're to our left and to our right...they can't get away now."

Chesty Puller, Chosin Reservoir, Korea

SEMPER FI
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by meunke
    Nice! I've been wanting to do the same to my Mak.

I noticed you have the Bulgarian folding stock. I've heard that you have to do a lot of grinding to get that to fit in a Chinese gun. How much work did you have to do to get it to fit?

"Sometimes love makes you selfish. Sometimes it just makes you stupid. Sometimes it reminds you why you love your gun."
    - Anita Black

Broke out the file. No grinding needed. Did a little file here and there, thats it. Did have to add a very small washer under the tang. You'll only get one screw in a mak90 to fit the Romanian folder. BTW it's a Romanian folder. Very stable and sturdy install.[8D]

sadie.jpg
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I got the same idea only I used an Egyptian RML.

AKMEgyptianfolder.jpg

"Nothing can ever be made 'idiot proof' because idiots are simply too clever"!
    Mark T. Christian
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marks "Tuesday" gun [:D][:D][:D][;)][:o)]
    edited November -1
    Hey Mark C. as you can see the whole underfolder idea went south. I managed to sale it for what I payed.[8D]

sadie.jpg
  • mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    I think you made the right choice. The underfolders are notoriously difficult to install and get to function properly and they take quite a bit of work and technical know how vs. removing the old stock, sliding in the folder, and tightening down one or two screws.

"Nothing can ever be made 'idiot proof' because idiots are simply too clever"!
    Mark T. Christian