In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

MP5, w/vehicle, stolen from FBI

jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
edited February 2005 in General Discussion
http://www.wusatv9.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=36307

The FBI and police agencies are on the lookout tonight for a police vehicle stolen in Northwest Washington Friday morning. But that's not all that was taken.

Cindy Pena's Report
Inaugural preparations are in the final stages. Decorations along Pennsylvania Ave. are flying high, while down low man hole covers are searched and sealed.

At the capitol, visitors can still walk up First St. to see the West side of the building but for now, there's no getting closer.

Many people say with security so tight, things seem a lot safer

" It's a lot more secure than usual, work on 13th street, no drive zone, thought it was a little much, but there's more security, a lot safer." says Ellen Wray.

With days to go before the world watches American history in the making, police are on guard.

But now there's an additional concern. The FBI is reporting that one of their vehicles was stolen in Northwest Washington on Friday. Inside that car was government issued protective gear like a bullet proof vest. But even more disturbing to some is that a submachine gun is now missing.

"The stolen weapon is an MP5, which is a 9 millimeter submachine gun. The MP5 is specially designed for American law enforcement" says counterterrorism expert Larry Johnson.

According to Johnson "It's a submachine gun, multiple bullets, law enforcement use, cannot walk into local gun store and purchase one of these".

The FBI says the car, used by an agent from the Washington field office, was stolen from S and 10th streets Northwest, sometime Friday morning.

Because the weapon is now reported missing, police are being urged to approach the vehicle with extreme caution.

Official say the incident is embarrassing, but not a security threat.

A Maryland state police officer put the street value of this weapon at $50,000.

The stolen FBI vehicle is a 1998 4-door black, Ford Crow Victoria, with Virginia tags:
X-Y-Y-7-0-0-5 . If you have information about this stolen car, please contact police.

Comments

• ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    More assault weapons "on the streets" [:0][:I]

sniper.gifhappy.gifanim_sniper.gif

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by jsergovic
    Does this Maryland state police officer know what he is talking about?
    I don't think so.

The gene pool needs chlorine.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    I don't think so.

didnt even read that part.. [:0][:D][:D][:D]

if he thinks an MP5 is worth that much, maybe it would be worth it for me to get the tax stamp and buy a couple and sell them to him for a hefty discount, at only $35,000 a piece.. [:p]

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder
  • jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    Yep, that's the punch line.
    Unless you are a hard criminal with nothing to lose, or have plenty of land, it has not much collector appeal.

Just where would you go to get some range time in with it?

On an unrelated note, while at an area gun shop, two guys walked in with ammo and full mags.
    Wanted to use the range, rent guns, but professed to have been out shooting only once before. Guess they couldn't figger it out on thast last drive-by. Safety OFF, mag FULLY INSERTED. Woops, gotta RACK the slide.
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    I wish I had a job at the FBI. They are always losing firearms.
  • trooperchintrooperchin Member Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    I don't think so.

The gene pool needs chlorine.

He is from MD now...........(I am lucky enough to live in the great state of md[xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(])

sascl.gifkorean10dv.gif

Aggies-Gig 'Em
    Break 'Em Horns!
  • yekimakyekimak Member Posts: 257 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think I am going to build up a couple mp5's and sell them....2 or three and I can put my kid through the college of his choice...

Gee wow....50,000 my *, I am sure with a little searching one can come up with a mini gun for less....(or $100,000 for a fully transferable one)

-.-.-.we are the all singing, all dancing crap of the world.-.-.-
  • ZERODINZERODIN Member Posts: 6,338
    edited November -1
    You can get a transferable MP5 sear gun for around $8,000 if you know where to look, and I've seen transferable factory MP5s for $12,000.

Now, regardless of value estimation, this is hilarious. DC has the "best" gun ban in the country, and the best law enforcement, too. Obviously, nobody actually has this gun, because it'd be illegal and the cops stop that.

No security threat? Ha. You're in a tiny square of land with no guns. Now, somebody has a burp gun and FI vehicle to perpetrate crimes with. Sounds perfectly secure to me!
    edited November -1
    Ive sent the station an email basically saying the cop doesnt know what he is talking about.

• gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I see a need for a Lost and Found department in the FBI. I wonder what the job requirements would be. [8D]

Greg
    Former Marine
    A N G L I C O
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gap1916
    I see a need for a Lost and Found department in the FBI. I wonder what the job requirements would be. [8D]

Bounty Hunter for lost guns [:0]

• IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Feebs have a bad habit with this . . . remember the female Feeb in NYC who left a SMG (MP5 ?) and other gear in her car overnight and discovered it gone in the AM? To be a Feeb, you need a degree in law or accounting. Graduates who can count or pass the bar exam don't become Feebs; their reputation is just that - reputation, carefully crafted at the hands of JEH with his files of blackmail material. I'd rather see most any state Bureau of Investigation (or its equivalent) on a case than the Feebs. The former are dedicated LEOs and the latter are prima donnas who believe their own press releases. I admit these are gratuitous generalities and there are exceptions, but sadly the generalities are accurate.

"There is nothing lower than the human race - except the french." (Mark Twain)
  • IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    MP5 was designed for the police depts, hahahahahaha.
    Can't just get a MP5 anywhere......
    There are at least a dozen within 5 blocks from where I work all for sale.
    Hell, I dont even have to leave my living room to buy one, just buy it off Gunbroker!!
    $50,000 a pop!
    How many they want for that kind of $ I will gold plate them!
    Even better I can get postie MP7's for $1,500 each, with a couple of phone calls.
    Only in a city with total gun control could this happen!
    Dumbazz'z
    Walte
  • wundudneewundudnee Member Posts: 6,099 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm really glad the FBI called in the police![:D]

Whenever I see a cow eat grass, I am reminded that "This too shall pass."............ Baxter Black
    picture.GIF
    standard.jpg
  • Texas_ShooterTexas_Shooter Member Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We need more "gun control" for the Feds[:D]

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them." - John Wayne
    edited November -1
    IMACLONE: Where the heck are you that they're that prevalent? The MP5 is on my wish list but I just don't see them around, not even that many on GB that aren't post-86 dealer samples.
  • nocagesnocages Member Posts: 325 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    RUGER270MAN
    Is that John Kerry dressed up like a marshmellow
    jumping around between the snipers?

8359.jpg
    uzi2.gifcamper.gif

God Speed With All Of Our Troops~
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nocages
    RUGER270MAN
    Is that John Kerry dressed up like a marshmellow
    jumping around between the snipers?

lol I dunno what it is.. didnt mean to copy your sig either, didnt even see it!!

• IAMACLONE_2IAMACLONE_2 Member Posts: 4,725
    edited November -1
    ZERODIN - Oklahoma City OK.
    One class2 SOT & 2 class 3 dealers within 5 blocks.
    One of the C3 dealers has a basement that is about 2,500sqft
    full of NFA goodies.
    All of this is below his gunstore that is 3 times as large.
    He is a DOD/LEO master distribtor/warehouser for HK, Glock, Knight Armament, Dillon Military, Bushmaster Military to mention a few.
    walte
    edited November -1
    IMACLONE: No fair. I need to go shopping in Okie City, it seems. [:D]