In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Will running a Windows 95......

FrogbertFrogbert Member Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2005 in General Discussion
Office disc w/Word,Excell,Powerpoint,Schedule on a computer that's alredy running 2000Professional and Windows ME cause you to have all kinds of problems?
Would you be more vulnerable to viruses, etc. and lose all kinds of time and files and on and on?

Frog.

RBT[?]

Comments

• HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Frogbert: Generally speaking, no. BUT....the Win95 office software will not be able to manipulate the files from the newer versions (you can convert an earlier version upwards but cannot convert a newer version downwards). If you don't have any Windows Office programs running now, you'll be okay. My 0.02. [:D]

volenti non fit injuria
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    get the updates ,and you will be fine

- .... . / --- -. .-.. -.-- / - .-. ..- . / .-- .. ... -.. --- -- / .. ... / .. -. / -.- -. --- .-- .. -. --. / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -. --- - .... .. -. --.

... --- -.-. .-. .- - . ...
  • ruger270manruger270man Member Posts: 9,361 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Windows 95 office disk, you might need to use the compatibility mode in Win95 for it to run right.. not sure though.

sniper.gifhappy.gifanim_sniper.gif

"I will no longer debate a liberal because I feel they are beneath contempt. Just communicating with one contaminates a person." - whiteclouder
  • bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i ran office 97 on win95 and got nothing but illegal operations. i even had win95 plus to help out, in vane. making files and docs and loading to 'a' and then going to another newer remote computer caused horrible results when files werent compatible. even when you tried to convert, it screwed you up when you went back to the old computer. win 98 is so much better.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.