In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Witness side arms?

Shadow62Shadow62 Member Posts: 828 ✭✭✭✭
edited February 2005 in General Discussion
what is wrong with Witness handguns
most are less than $200.00 bucks NEW.

Shadow62

Comments

• gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    I have owned several and I have found nothing wrong with them. The CZ line is the same only they have a better finish. The wonder coat on the Witness is very good. [8D]

Greg
    Former Marine
    A N G L I C O
  • richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    Who has new witness's under $200? The only ones I have ever seen even remotely close to that were the plastic ones. Real witnesses run $350 and up.

My border collie is smarter than your honor student.
  • mpolansmpolans Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah, no joke. Even the composite framed ones are at least $275. If you know of some for $250 or less (especially steel framed ones), post some contact info.
  • Shadow62Shadow62 Member Posts: 828 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mpolans
    Yeah, no joke. Even the composite framed ones are at least $275. If you know of some for $250 or less (especially steel framed ones), post some contact info.

the Witness sidearms are right here
    on gunbroker

Shadow62
  • wizard78wizard78 Member Posts: 3,144
    edited November -1
    I own many handguns. I have everything from Raven to Colt, and many in between. The 9mm witness compact with night sights and rubber grips, might not be the first pistol I pick up for protection, but it certainly wont be the last. I don't fire the off the wall ammo like I would in my Beretta but it hasn't had a FTF or FTF yet. I stay with ball ammo and would recoment it to anyone that was working on a budget.

"The best way to change someone's mind is with a rock"
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mpolans

they are here on G B.
    do a search pistols, semi auto, then type
    Witness

Shadow62
  • phxtravisphxtravis Member Posts: 738 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    yes they start at about $180, but there is a reserve...final selling price is all that you should go by.

True happiness is found at 120MPH.
    DSCF0455.JPG
  • squeeegsqueeeg Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have looked at these also and watched a couple sell. They seem to hit their reserves about 300-350 depending on the gun.

Another cheap priced brand that I have seen is Hi-Point any info on these guns? I kindof like the .380 and the non-compensated 9mm
  • rimfire72rimfire72 Member Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a full size Witness .45 with the Wonder finish. I gave $317 for it about 6 years ago. I love it. Its the only double action(that I know of) you can carry condition one.

buycoolshirts_1825_31216154.jpg
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by rimfire72
    I have a full size Witness .45 with the Wonder finish. I gave $317 for it about 6 years ago. I love it. Its the only double action(that I know of) you can carry condition one.

rimfire,
    how does it shoot? is it accurit?

Shadow62
  • Hunter375Hunter375 Member Posts: 612 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My daily carry piece is a Witness compact 10mm. They are solid, dead reliable and affordable firearms. Tanfoglio also has higher-end models (as much as $1800), but the basic Witness should run $300-$350. I paid $299 for mine, and it's hard to beat 11 rounds of full power 10mm in a tidy little package that shoots very well. So to answer your original question, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the Witness line. Great guns at modest prices. The Baby Eagle pistols are also made by Tanfoglio, but go to MRI in early production stage. Baby Eagles have slightly better fit and finish, a smaller palm swell, full length frame and decock-safety instead of safety only. BE's cannot be carried C&L, however, and do not come in as many configurations and chamberings as the Witness and they cost a bit more (usually about $450).

It's easy to spot liberals-they are the ones who have no assets to protect and need every handout they can get. They have forbeyed themselves ascendence to a productive lifestyle.
    edited November -1
    Thanks for all of the info
    i still like the prices [:D][:D]

Shadow62
  • rimfire72rimfire72 Member Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Shadow62

rimfire,
    how does it shoot? is it accurit?

Shadow62
    When I take it out to shoot I usually fire 5-10 10rd mags at a session. Shooting at 10yds I keep 98% in about a ten inch group.Thats not off any kind of rest,just stand up and shoot,about half of which is rapid fire. I think the gun could do even better,I'm not that good a shot when it comes to handguns. That is with handloaded target rounds though.I've shot about 3,000-4,000 rds through it and have NEVER had a failure to feed,extract or eject. To be fair though,I have to say this gun has never had any factory ammo put through it.I have enough faith in this gun that I use it for my house gun,but I wouldn't want to use it for carry. The fullsize frame and 11rds of .45 is just to heavy to be comfortable.

• interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by gap1916
    I have owned several and I have found nothing wrong with them. The CZ line is the same only they have a better finish. The wonder coat on the Witness is very good. [8D]

Greg
    Former Marine
    A N G L I C O

Incorrect sir, CZ's are made in Chezchlovakia whereas Witnesses,(Tangfoglio's) are made in Italy. Both are excellent firearms, but two different companies.

topcat1.jpg Don't "F" with kitty!! unamerican.gif
  • mpolansmpolans Member Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Also, while the Tanfoglios are based on the CZ, there are some differences that result in some parts not interchanging.
  • FrogdogFrogdog Member Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by squeeeg
    I have looked at these also and watched a couple sell. They seem to hit their reserves about 300-350 depending on the gun.

Another cheap priced brand that I have seen is Hi-Point any info on these guns? I kindof like the .380 and the non-compensated 9mm

Hold on there !!! Let's clarify something here. Witnesses are NOT "cheap" guns, and should not be compared to "junk brands" like Hi-Points, Jennings, etc..

Witnesses are good quality, reliable guns that come at a good price. Excellent value. I have a compact Witness .45 in wonder finish which I carry daily. It shoots anything, is always reliable, and shoots dead on. You can't beat it for the money. There was a very long thread a while ago titled "Most Under-rated/Under-priced Guns" or something. There was a clear consensus across the board that the Witness is one of the most Under-rated and Under-priced pistols out there.
  • jaflowersjaflowers Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've worked a bit in two friends gun shops and sold quite a few of the Witness pistols. NEVER had any complaints. Even bought one myself back then. I always like the 38 super with the factory 18 round magazines. Talk about lots of firepower. You can also get all the cool "race gun" parts for them like you could for any 1911.