In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Last update

dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
edited September 2006 in General Discussion
I was asked to stop posting updates on Sandy and was told no one was interested in my "problems', so I will honor that request with only one more update to those who were so kind as to send their prayers and some very nice emails.

Sandy is still showing slow improvement and will be transferred to a Health South rehab center in Plano, Texas tomorrow to begin some intense rehab treatments. She will be there 2 to 4 weeks.

For those of you who are kind enough to send good thoughts and prayers, please continue to do so. They are working.

For at least the one who is offended, I will bother you no more, although I don't understand with the post being so offensive to you, you continued to open it and read it so you could send detailed attacks on me and my wife. I hope you get some help for your anger. And by the way, yes, she is the most important thing in the world, at least to me.

Comments

• Patriots sonPatriots son Member Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been praying, keep us posted!!!
  • fishermanbenfishermanben Member Posts: 15,370
    edited November -1
    danny. I would honestly like to stay informed. I have genuine concern for you and your family.

Who is emailing you such things? That's dispicable.[}:)]

Ben
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Danny which ever kind soul told you to desist can bite me. Keeping a good though and expecting updates. They don't have to read them, I will.
  • sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    Well I for one am interested in your wifes condition and making sure all is well in your life and household. Ignore the distractor, they are simply here to test us.[^]

Time is on your side you caught this medical problem quickly and she will most likely recover and life a long, happy life.
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I never listen to things that don't matter. Keep us all posted as that is one reason for this forum. Oh, and out the basturd. Don
  • HighballHighball Member Posts: 15,755
    edited November -1
    Miserable sob's exist everywhere. We pretend that GunBroker is free of them...ain't so.
    Keep on keepin' on...some of us apreciate knowing what is happening.

God bless you and your Sandy, Danny.....

Just too bad you are too honorable to share with us whom it is...I would like to hound said person on their way to hell..throw a few brickbats, so to speak....
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Danny,
    Please do not give in to the POS who does not want to hear about your wifes progress. I know most here are hoping for a full recovery, and although I have not posted on this subject yet, I have been following you posts regarding her recovery.
    I will keep both of you in my prayers.
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
    No need to out the "offended" party, but no need to comply with his wishes, either.

I am anxious to hear how Sandy is doing, and appreciate the email updates, as well as your posts here. I have put you and Sandy on the church prayer list. God is still in the miracle business.
  • JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Empathy from the rest of us. We are indeed interested. Keep us informed.
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...The vast majority do care and want to be updated. I don't care if you do so daily for months.
    ...We've come through for so many in need, whether it be good wishes, prayers, monetary help or whatever is needed. We can ignore what we we don't want to deal with or choose to lend support. Please don't let one person's cold heart effect you.
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Danny--you and Sandy are important to us. Please keep the updates coming.
  • tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I think that puts an end to it. The majority has spoken with a collective "bite me."
    I'm interested too, and will pray for you both.
  • dclocodcloco Member Posts: 2,967
    edited November -1
    I think the other party has been voted off the island. PLEASE continue with the updates.
  • PinheadPinhead Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Please continue to update us on the progress being made by Sandy. We do care about her and more important, God cares about her.
  • soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    I haven`t been around here too much lately and was not aware of your wifes stroke.My thoughts are with you and keep us posted.
  • oldgunneroldgunner Member Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Danny, you have friends here who do care and want to keep posted. Don't let one crud head stop you. And whoever you are CRUD HEAD..Bite me.
  • spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    Hey. Whoever told you to stop can just go screw themselves.

You post what you want, ask for prayers whenever you want it, and pray for the selfish twit who thinks he's too good for someone wanting help and prayer.
  • Smokeeater 38Smokeeater 38 Member Posts: 2,735
    edited November -1
    I would feel let down and offended if you don't keep posting updates.

As far as "no one is interested in my problems" I would say that 58 replies and 527 having read "Please, please pray for Sandy . . Update #2" should tell you all you need to know.

Anyone that has a problem with a person or some of their posts has that right. They also are not required to read that persons posts. If they are too stupid to look and see the name of the poster or the topic and remember that it's a person that they don't like then they deserve to have to read the horribly offending post.
  • Wild OkieWild Okie Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I haven't responded to your post, but I have been reading and praying for you.. The needs of the many out way the needs of the one. The many have spoken .Keep the updates coming.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Danny,...

You and Sandy are very important to us, as well you know...Keep the updates coming....
  • jabronij3jabronij3 Member Posts: 4,686
    edited November -1
    I see more "yays" than "nays" so I would keep posting updates so all can see God's work being done and never mind the nay sayers sometimes even in the prettiest pond you will find slime-sucking-swamp-rats after all they don't have to open the threads, it's not like anybody has a gun to their head, so there!
  • dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    Ditto on the updates. Godspeed on her recovery.
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Truthfully I'm getting kind of tired of it myself.

I know, I shouldn't be kidding about it. Honestly, don't listen to them Dhef. Keep us updated every day, if you can. Godspeed.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,023 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is my first reply to your posts,yes my prayers are with you and please keep us updated.
  • Patriots sonPatriots son Member Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How bout posting his E-mail, i would like to send some encouragement,
    or maybe just an attitude adjustment to the side of the head!!
    With all these positve thoughts, I would hope you keep us posted,
    and forget about the heartless worm, that has offended all of us.
    God bless!!!!!!!!!!
  • Slow_HandSlow_Hand Member Posts: 2,835
    edited November -1
    For all the bulls**t, goofiness and whoop-dee-do that flies around here, you are more than welcomed - and encouraged - to keep updating us on Sandy's condition. The overwhelming majority has obviously spoken here on GB, dheffley.

You make sure that you take care of yourself too as she needs you now more than ever. God bless. Stay strong.[:)]
  • JWolfJWolf Member Posts: 1,901
    edited November -1
    +1
    Damn Right!

quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    Danny which ever kind soul told you to desist can bite me. Keeping a good though and expecting updates. They don't have to read them, I will.
  • medic07medic07 Member Posts: 5,222 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Danny please keep us updated on Sandy and yourself. I know how important Debra is in my life and would be devastated if I was going through this as well.

You and her are in our thoughts and prayers. Forget what one or two dudes say and keep all of us informed on her progress.

Dan
  • kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wild Okie
    I haven't responded to your post, but I have been reading and praying for you.. The needs of the many out way the needs of the one. The many have spoken .Keep the updates coming.

+1

Danny, if you do decide to quit posting updates please do an email up date ... I'm on your list and appreciate it.

I think of my friends here as my Internet family ... and in all family's there is an azzhole.
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • SXSMANSXSMAN Member Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcloco
    I think the other party has been voted off the island. PLEASE continue with the updates.

tribe.gif

quote:Hey. Whoever told you to stop can just go screw themselves.

You post what you want, ask for prayers whenever you want it, and pray for the selfish twit who thinks he's too good for someone wanting help and prayer. [^]

As a member of this family Danny you are responsible to keep us informed !

Don't let your brothers and sisters down .

SxS
  • swamp_thingswamp_thing Member Posts: 695 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Danny, add me to the list that wants updates on Sandy's condition. I have been coming several times daily for progress reports and continue to pray for you both. If someone doesn't like it then they can take a leap. swamp_thing
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Danny,
    I don't know who emailed you, but they can go rot in HELL! Screw them and their insensitive *! That really upsets me, and I don't even read the "pray for me" type of posts, but it isn't hurting anything!

Hope Sandy is better.

Merc
  • wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dheffley
    I was asked to stop posting updates on Sandy and was told no one was interested in my "problems', so I will honor that request with only one more update to those who were so kind as to send their prayers and some very nice emails.

Sandy is still showing slow improvement and will be transferred to a Health South rehab center in Plano, Texas tomorrow to begin some intense rehab treatments. She will be there 2 to 4 weeks.

For those of you who are kind enough to send good thoughts and prayers, please continue to do so. They are working.

For at least the one who is offended, I will bother you no more, although I don't understand with the post being so offensive to you, you continued to open it and read it so you could send detailed attacks on me and my wife. I hope you get some help for your anger. And by the way, yes, she is the most important thing in the world, at least to me.
    Danny the one who doesn't like your updates doesn't have to read them. If he doesn't like it have him tell everybody that he doesn't like to hear about your wifes recovery. It sounds he's like a self centered sweetie to me. And a coward too boot. To chose to berate a person for asking for a little sympathy and compassion in a time of crisis is a sure sign of worthlessness. Post his name so we can all know what kind of garbage your dealing with
  • KYfatboyKYfatboy Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Big D, screw the offended party, you keep us updated man.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Peace be with you, and yours. Thanks for sharing your experience.
  • goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    Forget the person who doesn't want updates. Family is the most important thing in the world. If it helps you to tell us about it and we want to hear...screw the nay sayers. God knows every prayer counts.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Danny, I care, and would like updates.
    If this is the last update for this forum, please put me on your email list, or at least send me her new address at the Health South Rehab Center.
    Thanks
    Prayers for you and yours will continue.
  • cacti25cacti25 Member Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep the updates comming, screw this other jerk.
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by pickenup
    Danny, I care, and would like updates.
    If this is the last update for this forum, please put me on your email list, or at least send me her new address at the Health South Rehab Center.
    Thanks
    Prayers for you and yours will continue.

Yes, please post or send me her new address. I haven't gotten a card out yet. Would still like to, matter of fact, I'll grab one on my way home from work this morning.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    I hated the time you pulled off your vietnam photos because some wadlet voiced issue. Now this?

Please post your old Vietnam photos AND keep us posted on Sandy. Let those who disapprove in some way just play pocket pool.