In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Why is it called Ernesto....Why not Ernie ?

nyforesternyforester Member Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
edited September 2006 in General Discussion
I am sick and tired of minority equal right. Too bad we could not kick this hurricane in the * and send it to Mexico !!
Abort Cuomo

Comments

• trc313trc313 Member Posts: 3,475
    edited November -1
    Hurricanes are even afraid of "the water"[:D][:D][:D]
  • zr700zr700 Member Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He's not the only one [xx(]

2006 Atlantic Storm Names

Alberto
    Beryl
    Chris
    Debby
    Ernesto
    Florence
    Gordon
    Helene
    Isaac
    Joyce
    Kirk
    Leslie
    Michael
    Nadine
    Oscar
    Patty
    Rafael
    Sandy
    Tony
    Valerie
    William

2006 Eastern Pacific Storm Names

Aletta
    Bud
    Carlotta
    Daniel
    Emilia
    Fabio
    Gilma
    Hector
    Ileana
    John
    Kristy
    Lane
    Miriam
    Norman
    Olivia
    Paul
    Rosa
    Sergio
    Tara
    Vicente
    Willa
    Xavier
    Yolanda
    Zeke
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, it's coming out of the Carribean, it's uninvited and expensive to clean up after, what do you want?

Clouder..
  • goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    Everything is about race nowadays...why should white people get to name all the storms!!!
    Actually, I think the next one should be hurricane Jim Bob or Elli Maye or Betty Sue!!!
  • TeamblueTeamblue Member Posts: 782 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Uh, I think it started out as Ernesto before it made landfall in Florida, but now that it entered the US he prefers to be called Ernie, due to all the anti-immigration sentiment...

TB
  • Slow_HandSlow_Hand Member Posts: 2,835
    edited November -1
    How about Hubert, Herb, Derek, Cosgrove, Cuthbert, Jerome, Arthur, Franklin, Jeffrey, Aloysius, Edgar, Caspar, Bennett, Thurston, Bertram, Phineas, Morris, Lazlow, Preston, Throckmorton, Stanley, Basil, Alphonse, Horatio, Percival, Ignatius, Hildegard, Gertrude, Mavis, Hilda, Zelda, Hortense, Midge, Sigourney, Blythe, Merrell, Desdemona, Rapunzel, Tabitha, Hermione or Phyllis?[:D][:D][:D]
  • PJPJ Member Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Political Correctness.
    Pete
  • JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Does it make anyone feel better that Katrina wasn't named Catalina?
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The number of haters on this board is what makes me sick. The US is not the center of the universe, the galaxy, the solar system, or the planet. Get over it.
  • hicap47hicap47 Member Posts: 516 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What makes me sick is buttermilk and pickled beets.....yuck!!!!
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Slow_Hand
    How about Hubert, Herb, Derek, Cosgrove, Cuthbert, Jerome, Arthur, Franklin, Jeffrey, Aloysius, Edgar, Caspar, Bennett, Thurston, Bertram, Phineas, Morris, Lazlow, Preston, Throckmorton, Stanley, Basil, Alphonse, Horatio, Percival, Ignatius, Hildegard, Gertrude, Mavis, Hilda, Zelda, Hortense, Midge, Sigourney, Blythe, Merrell, Desdemona, Rapunzel, Tabitha, Hermione or Phyllis?[:D][:D][:D]

IS THAT YOUR BUDDIE LIST?....LOL[:D]
  • Slow_HandSlow_Hand Member Posts: 2,835
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scottm21166
    quote:Originally posted by Slow_Hand

IS THAT YOUR BUDDIE LIST?....LOL[:D]

Just a few of them. I rudely left out Mortimer, Dexter, Modesto, Gennaro, Aristotle, Dimitri, Luther, Rush, Leonard, Chatsworth, Beauregard, Calvin, Sterling, Maxwell, Endora, Phoenecia, Wilona, Esther, Carmella, Aida, Fantasia, Beaulah, Tamara, Glynnis, Gwynneth, Cecilia, Shaharazade, Guiseppina .........[:D][:D][:D]