In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Bounty on my sons head!

Duce1Duce1 Member Posts: 9,329
edited October 2008 in General Discussion
I just spoke to my son on myspace and he was telling me that they where visiting a village and found hand written wanted poster for my sons head!He was not named in the posting but he was called the evil one with the American sniper rifle, so he is the only one in the FOB in that area so it must be him.I do not know to laugh, worry or what right now? But he must be doing his job well.

Comments

• hotshoothotshoot Member Posts: 4,227
    edited November -1
    paryers for your boys and for you
  • crash2usafcrash2usaf Member Posts: 4,094
    edited November -1
    I've met a few real honest to goodness snipers... They were nice just the way I like snipers to be, really dont want a grumpy sniper...
  • Duce1Duce1 Member Posts: 9,329
    edited November -1
    I forgot to add that he said it was 10000 Afghani, or about 200 dollars. I am glad he knows the money rate, I have no idea how it exchanges.
  • joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    send him a money order for 250 bucks and have him make a poster up with a reward for whoever put the bounty on him. see what that does. lol [:D]
  • glynglyn Member Posts: 5,949
    edited November -1
    That was my job when in the service,it aint easy.When you speak to him again give him my respectfull regards he is doing a good job and I hope he is OK with it.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reply-

"Today I was in a good mood, and I let you wright this note." [:D]

Kidding aside, prayers to all of them working. My nephew got to the big sand box today.
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by joshmb1982
    send him a money order for 250 bucks and have him make a poster up with a reward for whoever put the bounty on him. see what that does. lol [:D]

That actually, isn't a bad idea. I wonder if his superiors would have a prob. with it tho..
    Still, it's wort a shot.[;)]
  • JorgeJorge Member Posts: 10,656 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers for your son.

He must indeed be doing his job well ...
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by FrancF
    Reply-

"Today I was in a good mood, and I let you wright this note." [:D]

Kidding aside, prayers to all of them working. My nephew got to the big sand box today.

OK, I had to laugh at this one, kind of makes you think!
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best wishes for your son's safe return.
  • MMOMEQ-55MMOMEQ-55 Member Posts: 13,134
    edited November -1
    We had the same thing in VN. A bounty on my head. My spotter keep kidding me that he was gonna collect on it. Never did, actually he hauled my butt out of the bush to an extracton point after I got shot. To this day we are best of friends.
  • WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,814 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Best wishes to your son, and the numerous other snipers or former on this board.
  • oldnbaldoldnbald Member Posts: 3,578
    edited November -1
    Give your son my thanks for his service. God Bless him.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Who I.D.'d him, a friendly Afghani?
    Don't post any pictures of him.
  • owen219owen219 Member Posts: 3,799
    edited November -1
    Heck no they shouldn't have a problem with it. Look at the bounties they have put out in the millions of dollars for Osama and his buddies. Many collected and some still active and offered. Bounty the heck out of all of them. Maybe your son could get wealthy along the way. Tell him thanks for me.
  • LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by v35
    Who I.D.'d him, a friendly Afghani?

That is a scare tactic.

The gooks in Nam did the same thing. Put up wanted posters for snipers.
    I have been told that if they could not identify the sniper the reward was lower than say for one whom they knew.

"the evil one with the American sniper rifle."

That would cover any American seen carrying a sniper rifle in the area.
  • elkoholicelkoholic Member Posts: 5,130
    edited November -1
    Tell him to keep up the good work and that he is in our prayers.
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just hope he comes back with his head screwed on straight and the nightmares don't last long.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by elkoholic
    Tell him to keep up the good work and that he is in our prayers.

+1
  • br549br549 Member Posts: 1,024
    edited November -1
    hope all goes well for him give him and your other son a big thank you for me.
    edited November -1
    I got to speak to him by phone early this morning and he is one piss`d off guy right now,because of the poster he is not allowed off his FOB right now until they figure out what to do about it, He said setting around is driving him nuts, he can play only so many video games and get on the internet off and on so boredom is driving him nuts right now.
  • nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Until "they" figure out what to do? What the hell is wrong with us? "THEY" should be happy because your son is obviously doing his job to good effect!

As to coming home with his mind and soul intact... You know your son and I expect that he's a good man. Good men don't take the life of another lightly, nor do they experience pleasure from the act. Good men do a necessary job and do it well. Good men discriminate between the enemy and the innocent.

Pulling the trigger on an enemy is unavoidable. Doing it well enough to cause fear amongst your enemy is exactly the purpose of a sniper. Tell your son that he has obviously succeeded. His superiors have merely failed to understand the fact.

Look at it this way... In a land where life has almost no value, your son has instilled fear amongst even those who place no value on life. If those in command of our military could comprehend this, then they'd soon understand that your son is actually increasing the value of life, not degrading it.

Please thank the lad for his service and tell him that there are a few who understand.