In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I guess Missouri deer are just stupid

Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
edited September 2009 in General Discussion
Went outside right before dusk to shoot my new remington 700 xcr in .223. In the middle of shooting groups, the deer below walked right out of the woods into my backyard, stood there and stared at me [?]. It didn't leave unti, believe it or not, I started shooting it with my cellphone camera. Truth can be stranger than fiction.
IMG_1131.jpg
IMG_1132.jpg
IMG_1133.jpg

Comments

• 53hawkeye53hawkeye Member Posts: 4,673
    edited November -1
    Or maybe just curious. Until he gets chased by some hot lead intended for him/her. You won't have to go far.
  • WCIWCI Member Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hell a Match was stopped down at Camp Lejeune years ago because a deer ran out on the range not with one but over two hundred rifles firing. Couple dumb * shot deer to be funny. Match stopped so Wildlife officer could come and properly ticket the idiot that thought it would be cute. Lots a pissed off people that day.
  • leadlead Member Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I drive a stretch a road in Missouri everyday before dawn and have seen deer run out in front of cars too many times(my own last year). They are not the brighest animals in the woods. Tasty, but not too bright.
  • susiesusie Member Posts: 7,304 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You would think that, but wait until November then you can't find them anywhere. Although, I will be looking mighty hard with my scoped out 30.06...[:D]!!

Days are getting cooler and low temps at night....oooooh I can barely wait!
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    We shoot trap on Thursday nights, Lights on, deer come out to play in the field down range, about 200 yds away. they dont even flinch when we are shooting.
  • hk-91hk-91 Member Posts: 10,050
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Classic095
    We shoot trap on Thursday nights, Lights on, deer come out to play in the field down range, about 200 yds away. they dont even flinch when we are shooting.

Thats because your not shooting the right gun.
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Deer don't always do what you would think a deer would do.
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • RtWngExtrmstRtWngExtrmst Member Posts: 7,456
    edited November -1
    The deer's not stupid. He's giving you the finger because he knows it not deer season yet.
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by RtWngExtrmst
    The deer's not stupid. He's giving you the finger because he knows it not deer season yet.
    I don't deer hunt anyway, so he can give another the hoof [:D]