In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF.......

dkb2003dkb2003 Member Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2006 in General Discussion
The Clintons where in office next? Would you like to see big Bill in there again with ole Hill or not? Do you think they would do a better job than good old Bush? Just a thought[:p][:p][:p]

Comments

• CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clinton never did much wrong, except the weapons ban BS. It's kinda scary wondering who's going to be in it next.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cubslovers
    Clinton never did much wrong, except the weapons ban BS. It's kinda scary wondering who's going to be in it next.

Wasn't that WRONG enough? If you think THAT was bad, wait till Hillbillary gets in there. Schumer, Pelosi, Kennedy, Rangel et al will take us back to the stone age, gunwise.
  • dkb2003dkb2003 Member Posts: 816 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ramtinxxl

Wasn't that WRONG enough? If you think THAT was bad, wait till Hillbillary gets in there. Schumer, Pelosi, Kennedy, Rangel et al will take us back to the stone age, gunwise.
    UMMMM ARENT WE THERE ALREADY?????...YOU MUST THINK BUSH HAS DONE GREAT THINGS AND THAT HES A GREAT PRESIDENT...PFFFFFFFFFF[xx(]
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I expect Mrs. Clinton and her running mate will be Senator Baraak Obama from Illinois. Obama is not fatladycasing himself for the Presidency. He is acting a suitable vice presidential candiate for whoever wins. He tries to sound more "sensible" but his views are just classic far left rhetoric.
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by dkb2003
    quote:
    UMMMM ARENT WE THERE ALREADY?????...YOU MUST THINK BUSH HAS DONE GREAT THINGS AND THAT HES A GREAT PRESIDENT...PFFFFFFFFFF[xx(]

Begging your pardon, but where in my post did I even mention Bush or his greatness as a president???

I just know what sort of folks are "waiting in the wings" to grab the guns. And if YOU think we're already back to the stone age, gunwise, then I guess you are far smarter than I am. I don't know where you live but in my locale I can buy as many guns every month as I like--and can afford. I can walk into a shop TODAY and walk out with the gun TODAY. I can apply for and receive a "concealed carry permit" if I so choose. No, pal, we are FAR from what the clan I listed envisions for this country. If you can't discern the difference, GOD HELP YOU. [V]
  • goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    I don't like or trust any politicians. It's always a matter of choosing the lesser of two evils. The Clintons are not the lesser...
  • KYfatboyKYfatboy Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They will as long as no one has the nuts to stand up to them.quote:Originally posted by Ramtinxxl

edited November -1
    Originally posted by dkb2003
    quote:

Begging your pardon, but where in my post did I even mention Bush or his greatness as a president???

I just know what sort of folks are "waiting in the wings" to grab the guns. And if YOU think we're already back to the stone age, gunwise, then I guess you are far smarter than I am. I don't know where you live but in my locale I can buy as many guns every month as I like--and can afford. I can walk into a shop TODAY and walk out with the gun TODAY. I can apply for and receive a "concealed carry permit" if I so choose. No, pal, we are FAR from what the clan I listed envisions for this country. If you can't discern the difference, GOD HELP YOU. [V]
    I too live in an area where i can walk in and out with a gun same day and i have a ccw permit..Im in Ohio. As far as the gun issue im right next to you on that. I also understand what you are saying about democrates as well. I just think we need a change in parties this time around. Im not worried about whats going to happen here,,,, im worried about whats happening there and well over there as well. Im sorry to say but Bush has S*it on all of us and we need change
  • dcinffxvadcinffxva Member Posts: 2,830 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm not a fan of any kind of weapons ban, and I'm certainly no democrat, but I'd rather see one like the '94 AWB that has an expiration date, than the full-auto ban of '86 that is permanent.

That didn't answer the original question though....I would hate to see a Clinton in office again. The Office of the President has taken a sharp downward turn since the second Nixon administration.

There is no way that I'll ever believe that Bush and Kerry were the two most qualified, dignified, honorable men in this country in 2004. The American people are at a serious disadvantage with the 2 party system, and until someone successfully breaks new ground and actually wins on a third party ticket, we are stuck.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcinffxva
    I'm not a fan of any kind of weapons ban, and I'm certainly no democrat, but I'd rather see one like the '94 AWB that has an expiration date, than the full-auto ban of '86 that is permanent.

That didn't answer the original question though....I would hate to see a Clinton in office again. The Office of the President has taken a sharp downward turn since the second Nixon administration.

There is no way that I'll ever believe that Bush and Kerry were the two most qualified, dignified, honorable men in this country in 2004. The American people are at a serious disadvantage with the 2 party system, and until someone successfully breaks new ground and actually wins on a third party ticket, we are stuck.

True dat, my man!!
  • sig232sig232 Member Posts: 8,018
    edited November -1
    I think you have overlooked the fact that during the Clinton administration liberal judges were appointed all over the country. Including the supreme court. Most of the BS lawsuits against the firearm industry that have been brought and fought since then were the result of what was done during that period of time. It has cost the firearms industry millions of dollars to keep up the battle and several small gun mfg and many, many FFLs are gone as a result of that activity.

Many government agencies were encourged to do battle with gun ownership, including HUD, Center for Disease Control, ATF, Treasurery, Attorney General and others.

The second amendment was challenged at every point and we would not be gun owners today if it were possible for Clinton to go for a third term. Hillary would be the first to continue that agenda to strip you of your gun rights.[:(]
  • alledanalledan Member Posts: 19,541
    edited November -1
    If the Clintons get back in, I am sure that they will have "old business" to take care of like a new BAN on weapons that will cut gun owners deep!
  • Red223Red223 Member Posts: 7,946
    edited November -1
    I got a kick out of Clinton and his regime.

During the Bosnia mess all we could fly into that craphole were C-130's. Even the Secretary of Defense had to fly in there on a C-130.

This African American Congressman...Ron Brown wanted to go to Bosnia for fame and glory. So this Air Force African American General figured he'd kick start his political career and send Ron Brown into Bosnia on a big * plane. The Air Force colonel's told the General there is no way a big * plane can fly into that mountainous foggy rainy craphole with people shooting up at it. The General relieved the Colonel's of their duty and sent in the Congressman and his big * plane.

He died in a big crash along with many fine US military folk onboard...the Colonel's were right....but sadly they were white.

President Slick Willy Clinton relieved the African American General of Command of the 86th Wing in Germany and he was sent to some back office in the Pentagon where he stayed for a couple years until he retired. He died shortly after retiring.

This is just a drop in the bucket in how things get screwed up with a Democrat in office.

Accountability.......ummmmmm...NONE. There are reports that Ron Brown had a bullet hole between his eyes but that the President ordered everyone that was aboard the aircraft burned....maybe to cover up something even bigger than was seen.

Ron Brown may have been planning on undermining Bill so he got eliminated.....could be.
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    Well, even good ole George Bush said he would sign the extension if it came to his desk, so we should be thankful for the members of Congress and not either Clinton or Bush.
  • dcinffxvadcinffxva Member Posts: 2,830 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HAIRY
    Well, even good ole George Bush said he would sign the extension if it came to his desk, so we should be thankful for the members of Congress and not either Clinton or Bush.

I think George said that knowing it would never come to his desk. It would be like me saying I could single-handedly beat the Israeli army when they invade Virginia, knowing it ain't gonna happen [:D]
  • scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    you can bet that if clinton was elected her first considerations will be to get us out of iraq....health care (and other charities) for everyone...TAX AND SPEND BABY....guns will be down the list, as will national defense
  • rob223rob223 Member Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know if you all remeber the "Death List" that evolved around the Clinton's. But, there was a lot of untimely deaths, classified are nature or suicides? But, were pretty well not such. Plus, the fact as stated, it would definitely open the doors for the clan od Schummer, Kerry, Kennedy, Boxer, and Feinstien etc..., to get at the gun ban agenda again.
  • buschmasterbuschmaster Member Posts: 14,229 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    to answer the question, I would not like to see another Clinton in the white house. The corruption didn't bother me that much, it could have been worse; I'm sure there was more under the surface that was probably somewhat harmful for the country in terms of economics and security.

but his/her position on gun control would turn me into a "single-issue voter". you can't take my guns away, if you think so then you're crazy if you think I'm going to vote for you.

I think there's a good chance Hillary will run for prez, because she's got clout, she's got a... well she's a woman supposedly, and she has built up a large support/logistics base with her term as senator.

but she's got a lot of baggage. there are even analysts in the Democrapic party who see her as a red herring and think someone else should get the nomination for a candidate. they're well aware that there are a lot of non-Democrapic voters who don't want to see that bicc in the white house.

but on the other hand, the Dums are so messed up they really might not have a better choice than Hillary and Obama to run.

and the Republicans might not be able to come up with much either, making it another slugfest like Bush vs. Gore. it might come down to "anybody but them" versus "anybody but them".

which brings me to another point. where are all the good people to run for president? there was JFK, Reagan had his faults but wasn't bad, and as much as I dislike Clinton, I have to admit the guy was smart and a... I hate to say it, but a great politician. but those are the only good ones there has been! where are all the rest? why doesn't somebody at least as good as those guys step up?

Who else is there. who has run. GW, Kerrey, Gore, Dole, Carter, Ford, Nixon, blah blah blah they all were a disappointment. I know there are thousands of smart, experienced, successful people who could do the same thing, where are they? JFK, Reagan, Clinton were good, but... that's it?! that should be about par for the course, voters should be able to get one of those elected every time. I don't understand why not. I know it's out there, where's the talent?
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    quote:HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF.......
    The Clintons where in office next?

LOL ... I wouldn't feel anything - I'd be numb!

November 22, 1963 ...
    When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse,
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone.
    I cannot put my finger on it now.
    The child is grown, the dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb.

... and it's pretty much been the same ever since![xx(]
    edited November -1
    We shall see[:p][:p]
  • Warpig883Warpig883 Member Posts: 6,459
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dkb2003

GW is a visionary and time will hold that to be true. The right man for the job at the right time he has the leadership qualities to address an idealogical threat to our existance and the resulting war. God Bless President Bush.
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Time for a third party-
    Libertarian![:D][;)]
  • warriorsfanwarriorsfan Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Vote Democrat and we lose the Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights. Vote Republican and we lose the other nine.
  • RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1

Didn't do much wrong?.....
    - raised Federal Income taxes (retroactive)
    - appointed his ACLU friends as Judges
    - failed to take out Osama
    - AWB
    - Waco debacle
    - Gave us Janet Reno
    - Let Illian Gonzales be taken back to Cuba.
    - Cut military & defense spending
    - molested an intern in the oval office then lied about it
    - Hilliary tried to give us a government health care system
    - .....and probably a few more we've all forgot about...