In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Conviction of a REAL POS

plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
edited September 2006 in General Discussion
Since my daughter was acquainted with Dru while at college, has similar looks to Dru, and worked the very same day two stores down from Dru on the day she was abducted and assaulted and killed and but for the grace of God, my daughter worked about two hours longer than Dru that day so Dru left the mall first, the victim of this POS could have been my daughter. I have great relief in knowing that this animal who had only recently been released from prison for committing a sexual assault is now officially guilty and may get the needle.

quote:A thousand days after Dru Sjodin was abducted from a Grand Forks parking lot, after nine days of trial and 21 days of jury selection, seven women and five men took less than two hours and 40 minutes Wednesday morning to find Alfonso Rodriguez Jr. guilty of kidnapping resulting in the death of Sjodin.

Link:http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/news/15402687.htm?source=rss&channel=grandforks_news

And more: http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/news/15402685.htm?source=rss&channel=grandforks_news

Comments

• CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    A bullet to the head is a great solution.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The following line applies here........
  • MrOrangeMrOrange Member Posts: 3,012
    edited November -1
    I can only imagine your relief, and satisfaction at the trial outcome.

I'm new here and don't know you, but I'll bet that if you're on this forum, you've probably already taught your daughter to take care of herself and she knows what parts to poke on an attacker.

If only any of his many earlier victims had killed or crippled him...
  • use enough gunuse enough gun Member Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Plains Scout; A friend of mine was the county attorney that put that POS away twice before for attacking 2 other women. The last go around he got him sentenced for as long as possible at the time. Before he was released the last time my friend was no longer the county attorney. He did tell the current county attorney before the POS was released that the POS would do it again. They wouldn't listen.Dave[:(!]
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tall tree and a short rope.
    By the way, this scum wouldn't have been an illegal immmigrant, would he?
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Illinois does not release sexual predators, regardless the legnth of their term, until a judge days the person is not a risk. They can be inprisoned indefinately. Unfortunately, some slip through the system, but it is still another hoop to jump through.
  • 11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah...isn't it amazing that he it has a hispanic name? Coincidence? I think not. More racial profiling would be wonderful right about now.
    edited November -1
    He was a local. Crookston, Minn. is just 21 miles down the road, my wife is from there. His mother and family still live there, and they are nice people. He was truely bad 'seed'. The local prosecuter was warned about him but it fell on deaf ears.Dave[:(!]
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Half the missing women in the US might be working in those Mexican Slave Brothels right across the border. If you know what i'm talking about, shame on you.[}:)]They actually have Sex-vacation bus trips leaving from Houston on a daily basis.[:(!] Anyone interested in joining the Army of Arkadian Reparations yet?
  • mateomasfeomateomasfeo Member Posts: 27,143
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mrseatle
    If you know what i'm talking about, shame on you.[}:)]

Shame on you..
  • HAIRYHAIRY Member Posts: 23,606
    edited November -1
    quote: They actually have Sex-vacation bus trips leaving from Houston on a daily basis. Where can one purchase a ticket for the bus? Where's the bus terminal? How long is the trip down and back? Do you need a passport or just cash?
  • NeilTheBritNeilTheBrit Member Posts: 390 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by HAIRY
    quote: They actually have Sex-vacation bus trips leaving from Houston on a daily basis. Where can one purchase a ticket for the bus? Where's the bus terminal? How long is the trip down and back? Do you need a passport or just cash?

And how do you identify the strange rash that appears a Month later?.
  • sotheresothere Member Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thats not a rash.Thats just Hairy[xx(]
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by sothere
    Thats not a rash.Thats just Hairy[xx(]

So there!
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • tr foxtr fox Member Posts: 13,856
    edited November -1
    I grieve for the victim, but since I feel like I know you I am glad your daughter was safe.
  • plains scoutplains scout Member Posts: 4,563
    edited November -1
    Useenoughgun,

Strikes close to home doesn't it?

I know the chief prosecutor in this case and the local attorney that was appointed to represent the POS. Both good litigators. Fortunately justice won in the end, but too late to save Dru.

It "grew up" my daughter in a hurry. She started listening to all the warnings I had given her over the years and realized that Dad was NOT paranoid.

I come from a line of vigilantes. I don't know if he is an illegal or not, but I do know this. If it were my daughter as a victim and he did not get the death penalty, I would figure a way out that he did. Before he strikes again.

I believe US Congress just passed a law to help curb this disease. I think it may even be Dru's law.

It happens every where every day. This was just so bazar as this is a "safe place."

Today I charged a 24 year old man out for having sexual intercourse with his 9 year old step daughter. A felony. 20 years. That is not long enough. My major goal is to see him rot in prison and if I can figure out a way to put the mother away who knew this had happened before but allowed them to move from AK to ND so the perp would "get better" I will lock her up too.[:(!]

They don't make a rope short enough!
    edited November -1
    Plains Scout; Yes it does strike close to home, I have 2 daughters myself. My friend the former county attorney and I have had more than a few discussions about POS like him and drug dealers. I told him when he was still in office that if any 'characters' like that ever did anything to my kids, to save his breath. Nobody would ever find them. [}:)]Dave