In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

MY FRIEND SHOT IN GROIN BY OWN SERGEANT

EVILDR235EVILDR235 Member Posts: 4,398 ✭✭
edited September 2006 in General Discussion
Back during that war in South East Asia
a friend of mine was standing around with some other soldiers while their sergeant was talking about the safe handling of a handgun.It was the sergeants own personal weapon.A small semiauto.He pulled the magazine out and racked the slide back and pulled the trigger.The weapon fired and hit my friend in the groin area (inside of leg next to his nuggets)He was loaded on to a helicopter and flown to a mash unit ?----when the copter was about 15 feet off of the ground trying to land when a gust of wind turned it on it's side enough for my friend to fall out onto the ground.He wound up at the Presideo in S.F.an got to meet Gov Reagan.From there things just went downhill.His wife left him,so he went awol.His younger sister got knocked up by some undocumented alien just like his older sister had.He had no where to go,so he moved in with his mother inlaw and his brother inlaw.When the mother inlaws mexican boyfriend moved in,my friend moved in with his ex wife and her boyfriend.The boyfriends sister turned him in for being awol.He was visited by whoever picks up awol soldiers (MPs)? .They could not find any information on him,so they let him go.About two weeks later his mother passed away.After that he turned himself in a short time later.Over the years he has fathered about 6 kids.I have not seen him in 25 years and have heard from his ex wife things have not gotten any better.I recently read online in my hometown newspaper that his 21 year old son was killed in a motorcycle wreck recently while trying to outrun the police because he did not have a drivers license.I guess life is just a roll of the dice.It is a true,but sad story.I live about 600 miles away from him and have no way to contact him,so I will most likely never see him again.We had alot of fun as kids,but time passed and we had to grow up.I have known him for just over 50 years.

EvilDr235

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Undocumented alien ?
    Thats not the racist word I used!
    Big Brother looking over my shoulder?
    XXXXXX
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I ate bunch of undocumented alien food for dinner.I just can,t eat spicey food anymore.Just had to take a big slug of Pepto to ease the bloating.
    EvilDr235
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Viet Nam to the youngsters who read the original post.
    EvilDr235
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Six to go incase you want to know.
    EvilDr235
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Only five to go.
    EvilDr235
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Four more.
    EvilDr235
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not tonight,I need to go to bed.
    EvilDr235
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yes I have one more post to hit 1000 posts.I am cheating by using this post from last night.I need to find a suitable KARMA giveaway item before making the big jump.I will find something gun related to use as a giveaway.----Yes there is alot more to my friends story.One thing that is kinda freaky is he had a brother that was born three years before him and died at birth.The freaky thing is that they both have the same names with a girls name for their middle name.Irish roots.Both parents big drinkers.Father was a truck driver.Mother drove trucks during WWII.Father use to whip him with a straight razor strap.He died in the early 1960s.When his father died he started to get into trouble and was sent to live with a older brother.He ran away after about six months and lived with me,my brother and my mother.When he turned 18 he moved out and went to live with some other friends that had a bigger house.The mother drank herself into a mental hospital where her oldest daughter worked as a nurse and then into a nursing home due to her age.She died in the early 1970s.My friend wrecked a motorcycle and a car,but only had minor injuries.He also got hit by a car on his bicycle when he was about 12,but only got a few scrapes.After the mid 1970s,I didn't see him very offen.We did see him and two other people we know at a gas station one day.We had about $80.00 of bill money disapear out of our glove box at that time.Last time we saw him was at a Sunday flea market.He was so wasted,he did not even know us.I have talked with people that also know him and they tell me he is keeping a low profile because he owes the state of California back child support for four of his six children.And to top all of this off,he was born on Xmas day.All I can say to him,is goodluck laddie.I know this story sounds like a country western song,but it is all true.
    EvilDr235
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You do know that you are holding a conversation with yourself?
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    RustyNailRustyNail Member Posts: 803 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He' at post 999--bucking for a thousand[;)]
  • Options
    spanielsellsspanielsells Member Posts: 12,498
    edited November -1
    Good, we expect a decent giveaway, especially after this thread. [8D]
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    This guy's spiral started before he was born.

Both his sisters got knocked up by POS's, he married a POS who leaves him, he then sees it as a good idea to live with her and her new squeeze, he decides that having six kids is a good move and raises them so poorly that some never reach adulthood due to their stupidity.

I'd wager there's a bunch more stuff you either aren't aware of or didn't include that fits right in here.

This isn't just hard luck.
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,355 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Truly sorry to hear of your friend's tough times, but I think life is a lot less roll the dice, and a lot more result of the choices we have made.
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When I was in korea, we had 16 helicopter crashes, only 1 from enemy fire...
  • Options
    scottm21166scottm21166 Member Posts: 20,723
    edited November -1
    wow..that guy had some bad luck and stupid relatives
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    and he was your friend?
    whew...maybe best you stayed seperated.[:0]

fyi...its sergeant.[;)]
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    11BravoCrunchie11BravoCrunchie Member Posts: 33,423 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I remember my 1000th post like it was yesterday...I think it was only a month ago, in reality. Now I'm getting close to 2500...eek.