In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Turkey hunting!!

Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
edited May 2007 in General Discussion
My turkey season starts Wednesday. I am extremely excited. The fact that I have off of work Wednesday and Thursday might have something to do with that as well though[:D]. A couple of nice peaceful days in the woods away from the craziness of this world. And then I get to go to Milwaukee this weekend for a couple of Brewers games[:p].

Jon

Comments

• soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    Get out there and get em before the mosquitos start hatching out.Spring-ain`t it great?
  • GUNFUNCOGUNFUNCO Member Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My younger son got a 22 1/4 pounder on Sunday. What a bird! Bigger one that I've ever shot.

I called in a 23 pounder for a friend a couple years ago, but my biggest bird only went about 19 3/4 lbs.

I will post a couple photos under a new topic. I will call it my son's first turkey.
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I looked at the pics, very nice turkey!! Tell your son job well done for me.

Jon
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    My season ended Sunday.

Never got to go.

[V][:(]

BW
  • Grunt2Grunt2 Member Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We went out first day to scout...Never have been out that early. By the end of the day we saw 2 jakes, 8 toms and 12-18 hens. We only left the jeep a couple of times. Called in one real nice tom without leaving the jeep! Our goal this year is to bag a "double"...Headed out tomorrow and Thursday. I love hunt'en week days..
    Retired LEO
    Combat Vet VN
    D.A.V Life Member
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the kind comments. He is pretty proud. His older brother usually beats him to most accomplishments, but his brother has yet to shoot a turkey so he now is one up on him. And a big one-up it is!
  • LOKO383LOKO383 Member Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BOBBYWINS
    My season ended Sunday.

Never got to go.

[V][:(]

BW [who wont be eatin turkey this may day][}:)]
    theres always next yr gives you an excuse to buy a new gun[^][:D]
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ended up not getting a turkey, but had a good time and enjoyed being out in the woods. Oh well, just one more that will be around next year I guess.

Jon
  • zipperzapzipperzap Member Posts: 25,057
    edited November -1
    I got a turkey the other day. Wish I could have shot him![:D]
  • nards444nards444 Member Posts: 3,994 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    im jealous, but not about watching the brewers.
  • TrinityScrimshawTrinityScrimshaw Member Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I went out Friday by myself, and got a nice bird. It weighed 22 lbs, had 1" spurs, and an 8 & 3/4" beard. I had some of him for luch just a few minutes ago.[:D]

Trinity +++
    edited November -1
    I ended up having a great season but didn't get to bag a bird. I went out for my last hour or so and had a tom walk by gobbling about 40 yards away. I posted details on the thread about my son's bird.

Good luck to all that still have time to hunt!
  • rock,roll,n,loadrock,roll,n,load Member Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1