In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

How many trick or treaters did you get

chappsynychappsyny Member Posts: 3,381 ✭✭
edited November 2008 in General Discussion

I went through 8 bags of mini candybars then sprounged around and found a bag of tootsie pops, a 2 year old bag of jolly ranchers and 3 boxes of little debbies. These Iowans sure like to reproduce.

Comments

• glynglyn Member Posts: 5,949
    edited November -1
    10 up to now,we dont get many out here in the country.
  • Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    It is 7 and I haven't had one yet, last year we only had 2 the whole night
  • kissgoodnightkissgoodnight Member Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought candy expecting one trick or treater, the neighbor's kid, as I live deep in the country, 1/2 mile driveway, but he did not show.
    No trick-or-treaters this year. I will give the candy to kids that come to the office. But then I keep candy at work for them and their parents anyway.
  • shootuadealshootuadeal Member Posts: 5,229 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    zero so far, usually the neighbor girls(5 miles) stop by[:(!]

had a whole bucket of candy for them too
  • Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    None.

Our front porch light is not working, and darned if I just can't get to it before tomorrow morning.

Besides, I worked until six this evening so the Mrs. took our daughter to teach her the time-honored tradition of begging for food.

Who knows, it's a skill that might come in handy.
  • sigarmsp226sigarmsp226 Member Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    9 pm and not a single one... Better than last year, had a local church bus pull up, not from this area, and proceeded to wipe us out. One kid told me I did not give him enough and wanted more...That is when I closed the door... Bussing for candy Bussing for votes come Tuesday.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Even if my Porch light was on None would show up. Couldn't see it from the road anyway.

That and the 3 black cats who keep me company.[}:)]
  • bigtirebigtire Member Posts: 24,800
    edited November -1
    Scads of them!

One was even pregnant!

Guess she was trick or treating for two.
  • NevrnuffstufNevrnuffstuf Member Posts: 149 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    10 or so thus far,including 3 of my "Grands"
    Mostly neighbor kids, (we are a small town of maybe 800 total so we are all neighbors) Most know us as "Ol'Ma and Ol'Pa.
    Gotta Love it for Now anyway........................
  • fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • RockatanskyRockatansky Member Posts: 11,175
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buschmaster

saw 1 walking down the street a while ago. little black kid. he had everyday clothes on and a little smudge of face paint. down towards the end of the block he yelled "obama! for no apparent reason.

Obama's illegitimate son, looking for his daddy?
  • Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    None; that's the great thing about being in the country!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    none here and it is 7:45pm--oh well the Reeses will just get put in my lunch box for the next few weeks[:D]
  • JamesRKJamesRK Member Posts: 25,670 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Six, but that includes two moms. Not many people live out this way.

Most of the business downtown have something going on for the kids, and several of the churches including mine have games and contests and stuff intended to keep them off the streets and safe.

One young lady did tell me her twins would be old enough to come out next year, so I guess I can figure on eight. [:D]
    The road to hell is paved with COMPROMISE.
  • ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    149, and that's a lot of candy!

But I admit I had fun too.[:D]
  • nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 35,988 ******
    edited November -1
  • kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    I spent this Holiday at my neighhbor's house (the old guy with no kids at home) sitting on his back patio drinking cold beer and Wild Turkey on the rocks with him a couple of his pals and totally ignoring his door bell. I have no idea what the mob on the streets looked like, but now that I am here at home there appears to be a lot of empty candy boxes. Mrs K insists on handing out full sized candy bars each year and this attracts the little demons in droves to our house (they all seem to have excellent memories for the best treats). With both of our daughters now away at school my wife had the misguided notion that I was going to be assisting here in handing out the candy this year. WRONG (again)!!!

Hmmm, I guess it is not a total loss; there are some Milky Way Bars leftover [:p]
  • Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A whopping 4! We live in an apartment complex and there are a ton of kids running around here everyday. I figured we wouldn't get a whole lot, but was counting on the ones that lived here to come. Now I got a pile of extra candy that I can't let go to waste and I am not a big candy eater. Darn it anyhow.

Jon
  • pickenuppickenup Member Posts: 22,844 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Same as last year......0
    Living in the boonies has it's advantages.

I had her get some chocolate.....just in case, ya know.
    Guess I'll just have to eat it.
  • sarge_3adsarge_3ad Member Posts: 8,387 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sorta had one. I blocked the way of the little neighbor girl as she was showing her Dad my park. Her Dad use to own the place and was out checking out the improvements we made to the property. Anyhow I stopped her as they were leaving and gave her half a bag of candy for her and her cousins.
  • darkvesperiadarkvesperia Member Posts: 201 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Think I had a couple knock but I didn't answer the door as I had no candy. I figured its best not to open it than to open it and disappoint
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Not a stinkin one.
    Looks like i'll be throwin candy away again this year.
    If i hadn't bought some,i'm sure they would have come by..
    I tried handing-out quarters one year, all the kids called me a "cheep-skate".[:(]
  • moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    quote:Think I had a couple knock but I didn't answer the door as I had no candy. I figured its best not to open it than to open it and disappoint

where's my TP
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About 30 with the parents.
  • LaidbackDanLaidbackDan Member Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    None, but I always keep a can of yams around just in case.
  • Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    9:00 now, not a single one. My wife and kids just got back from the local Harvest Fair at a large church around the corner. There were no kids walking around our neighborhood, but there were tons of people at the church, including many of or neighbors. This is a church with a membership of 10,000 or so and 3,000 weekly attendance. The parking lot is never full on a Sunday morning with 3,000 there, but it was packed tonight with most parking out on the streets with up to a 3/4 mile walk to get to the church. I guess I know where all the kids were.
  • kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41

I tried handing-out quarters one year, all the kids called me a "cheep-skate".[:(]

Hell, the damned brats here in Newport Beach would probably get pi$$ed off with handing them a $10 bill! Mrs K estimates 50 of the little monsters befouled our door with their begging this evening.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We planned on 250-300 as it was a beautiful night here in Northern Illinois. It was actually a quiet night. I lost track around 150 or so, I figure it was in the 170's
  • GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,704 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    25, ALL GOOD KIDS[:)]nambu
  • fu007danfu007dan Member Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hundreds, [:D]

We were out as a department handing out candy, along with a few sheriffs and another local career FD in a very popular trick or treating area.
  • minitruck83minitruck83 Member Posts: 5,369
    edited November -1
    Had 2 groups, first one had about 8 little kids and several parents with flashlights,they were all dressed and having fun. The second was from the development over the way and had one adult on a 4 wheeler towing a flatbed, 6 kids none dressed. Had thank you's from all the little ones in the first group, at least I think thats what the two littlest ones were trying to say. (they knew what that candy was though) [8D]
    Not even a 'trick or treat' from the second bunch, just held out their pillowcases and left.

Allen
  • KodiakkKodiakk Member Posts: 5,582
    edited November -1
    What a bunch of old fuddies. I took both my kids and my wifes best friends kids for a once around the neighborhood. Tons came to get some candy as well. Halloween is a great holiday that is about the spirit still not about going broke on expensive presents that are thrown in the corner the next week. This is the one holiday when I actually really enjoy myself watching all the munchkins get dressed up and excited.
  • Daddie_TomDaddie_Tom Member Posts: 824 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I didn't count, but my neighbor had 198. I'm so glad that Halloween is as big now as it was when I was a kid. We enjoy bringing the firepit out in the driveway. And enjoying a cold beverage... {Even though it was a VERY nice 68 degree night} One of the best costumes was a homemade "Ballot Box" he had 3 slots in the front. You place your candy in the slot your voting for, McCain , NoBama or Other. There were so many good costumes.
  • deputydog214deputydog214 Member Posts: 609 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    None living out in the country. My mailbox even survivied the night![:D]
  • tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
  • ForkliftkingForkliftking Member Posts: 4,907 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    0 But then again there is only one other house on our dead end street. Living out has its advantages.
  • goldeneagle76goldeneagle76 Member Posts: 4,359
    edited November -1
    I think we got a total of about 10-12 kids...no older teens this time.
  • Blade SlingerBlade Slinger Member Posts: 5,891
    edited November -1
    What happened to the hellyins of days ago, out house tipping, smashing pumpkins, hey!! good name for a band:) my street is as clean as a whistle, pumpkins still on poarches? dont get it?
    We had about 30 little crumb snatrchers including Grand Kids.
  • MFinnMFinn Member Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had about 70, last year about 150, it must be the economy [:)]
  • Rack OpsRack Ops Member Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Got maybe a hundred here.

It was the first time I've handed out candy in years.