In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

where the white wimmin at???

KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
edited March 2009 in General Discussion
Blazing Saddles on AMC [:D]

some good late-night laughs right there [;)]

Comments

• ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Great movie. One of the best of all time!
  • kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    Has to be one of the five funniest movies ever made, and I can't name the other four movies that are worth more laughs!
  • allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "For God's sake man, don't send a horse and wagon up there! We can't afford to lose the horses in the quicksand.
    Send two of those N*****s!"

Damn that is a funny movie.
  • ripley16ripley16 Member Posts: 4,834
    edited November -1
    I've often wondered why the fart scene didn't win a special catagory Acadamy Award like Best Sound Reproduction of Flatulence in Live Action.

Fart_Scene_Blazing_Saddles.jpg
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life"[;)][:D]
  • HonestBluesHonestBlues Member Posts: 859 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep,beans and black coffee will result in wind on the prarie.[:D]
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey! The sheriff's a nig...
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    still funny, but looses allot edited

just shows 35 years ago you didn't even know you where racist

6662cf4ac33973ef0f085e5464bcbbfc.gif

beat.gif
  • Queen of SwordsQueen of Swords Member Posts: 14,355
    edited November -1
    Alright, we'll take the ch!#$s and the n!##@&s, but we DON'T WANT THE IRISH!!!
  • BlairweescotBlairweescot Member Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1fan
    still funny, but looses allot edited

just shows 35 years ago you didn't even know you where racist

6662cf4ac33973ef0f085e5464bcbbfc.gif

beat.gif

Racist?

In that movie the white folks are ignorant idiots, the blacks Irish and Chinese are clever and hardworking, and in particular, the blacks are hip, cultured, clever, forthright, and honest while white folks are dummies or else money-grubbing meanies

It's a cultural satire. Brooks skewers the racists in that film. You didn't notice? [:D]
    edited November -1
    quote:Racist?

In that movie the white folks are ignorant idiots, the blacks Irish and Chinese are clever and hardworking, and in particular, the blacks are hip, cultured, clever, forthright, and honest while white folks are dummies or else money-grubbing meanies

It's a cultural satire. Brooks skewers the racists in that film. You didn't notice?

thanks for getting my point

10 years ago you could watch that unedited on any tv channel, now in todays "pc" world the only thing edited is the "n word"

and the irony is??
  • Mr. FriendlyMr. Friendly Member Posts: 7,981
    edited November -1

It's a cultural satire. Brooks skewers the racists in that film. You didn't notice?
    not true. They edited the fart scene last time I seen it on television

10 years ago you could watch that unedited on any tv channel, now in todays "pc" world the only thing edited is the "n word"

and the irony is??
  • spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    also the campfire scene flatulence noise was replace by horse whinnies...PC now where any gory crap is OK like csi miami or kids portrayed in violence compared to the deleted from this old movie doesn't make any sense....
  • KSUmarksmanKSUmarksman Member Posts: 10,705 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by spasmcreek
    also the campfire scene flatulence noise was replace by horse whinnies...PC now where any gory crap is OK like csi miami or kids portrayed in violence compared to the deleted from this old movie doesn't make any sense....

It makes little sense.
    My best example of this is Die Hard 4...the other Die Hard movies are rated R...then new one is PG-13.
    Now it has all the same violence, and probably more of it, than any other Die Hard. Why is it rated PG-13??? ANSWER: John McClane does not drop his signature f-bombs.

So f-bombs are bad but real bombs tearing someone's guts out are acceptable [B)]
    edited November -1

and the irony is??

The irony is that when I quoted you, you said your point was "35 years ago you didn't know you were racist"

Now you refine that point in the meantime as if I'm supposed to be a mind reader, and think I'm missing something. That's the irony

Or were you making an attempt to be rhetorical? Hey look, I'm with you here but you can't say "thanks for proving my point" and then change what your point was. If your point was that 35 years ago this was OK on TV, you should have said so to begin with instead of making your vague "didn't know you were racist" point
    edited November -1
    i didn't change my point, just added another one

35 years ago that wasn't considered racist by anyone, it was humor nothing more, by today's standard that movie would have twice as many protesters than viewers, lawsuits abundant, careers ruined

the irony is found in many ways one is that only one race in the entire film is edited "the n-word", but the scene stereotyping blacks as having huge male members is acceptable
    edited November -1
    An addition is something many folks would call a change [;)]

blazingsaddles_02.jpg
  • scrumpyjackscrumpyjack Member Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's twooooooo, it's twooooooooo!