In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

assault weapons ban

ruger 10 22ruger 10 22 Member Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
edited December 2003 in General Discussion
If the assault weapons ban is not re-newed next year, will that mean that the value of current "pre-ban" firearms will drop or will they retain their value as collectors items and become known as "original pre-ban" weapons (or something)? Do you think that companies will start weapons with bayonet lugs and folding stocks etc again? What about hi-cap mags again? I'm going to hold off on buying any more "pre-ban" weapons until I see how it works out next year. I'd hate to be the guy who bought a $5,000 "pre-ban" rifle only to see a year later that the price is $500... or a 100 round drum for my Thompson for $1,000 only to be able to find it for today's price of a ten rounder! Thanks for your time! - Toe

Comments

• ruger 10 22ruger 10 22 Member Posts: 286 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What happened with this whole thing? Fill me in.[;)]
    edited November -1
    i was just reading in Guns and Ammo that the assault weapons ban will be dropped in September if not renewed. I was wondering what weapons are actually banned in the assault weapons ban. Is it full auto gun or "assault weapons" like the M-16 ak47 I dont think it's those because new M-16s and clones are readily available.

"The militia may be here destroyed by that method which has been practiced in other parts of the world before; that is, by rendering them useless - by disarming them."
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Hi There,
    Yes, those weapons were banned, but they have returned in a modified form to comply with the loopholes in the ban. They have no bayonet lug or flash suppressor. The magazines are limited to ten rounds and the pistol grips are changed on some.
    This particular ban was directed toward the semi-auto "assault" weapons.

Happy New Year.

What men call a hero...is merely a man who is seen doing what a brave man does as a matter of course.
    A man who is in love with learning is a man who is never without a bride, for there is always more. L'Amour
    edited November -1
    Yes I knew about the magazine ban will Hi-Caps come back? And the flash suppressors, bayonet lug, and grips.

"The militia may be here destroyed by that method which has been practiced in other parts of the world before; that is, by rendering them useless - by disarming them."
  • SilentKnightSilentKnight Member Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes. All machine guns were banned from importation and manufacture for civilian in i think 1986 by Reagan. Bush Sr. banned the imporatation of semi auto "assualt" rifles such as the AK47, Steyr AUG, HK 91, 94, etc. Then after that came the "assault" weapons ban in 1994 which makes all guns manufactured after that date PC. ALOT has changed for the worst in the last 20 years, firearms are slowly being phased out.[V][xx(][:(!]
    edited November -1
    Will full auto guns be imported, and made in the USA, and be up for civilian sale?

edited November -1
    No. No more NEW full autos will be imported or made unless we overturn the 1986 Executive order(was it an Excutive order?)? The full autos we have now are all 18+ years old, and they will be the same ones we have one hundred years from now. Sucks doesnt it![:(!]

One loophole is to buy an 80% AR15 reciever finish into a 100% register it and convert into a full auto.
    edited November -1
    Man thats not cool, most of the people who would buy a full auto wouldn't even use it for the reasons it was banned. I just thik it would be cool to have a full aoto gun.

edited November -1
    Ya I know, its unconstitutional.

And the only crime commitied with a registured full auto machine gun was commited by a cop! Its just a feal good law[:(!][V][xx(]
    edited November -1
    Yea I know what you mean, and the funny thing is they didn't take full autos away from cops so they never really stopped the group that committed the crime in the first place. Geez the laws are stupid.