In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

look up all types of firearms

sig380sig380 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
I would like to look up all types of firearms, Like Colt, Remington, Lugers. All makes. If there is a way buy Serial number or Model number. Please who ever you are please let me know. It would be exiting to find out more about my gun collection.sig380@mediaone.net

Comments

• Options
    pops401pops401 Member Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.bluebookinc.com/staticinfo/bluebookinc/downloads/gunindex.htm
    Just one more gun and I'll quit.....HONEST....
  • Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is no "one source" where you can get all information about firearms.Your question could be compared to something like: Where can one get information about all cars?All the manufactures and variations, and the shear volume of information, make compiling information difficult.That said, I would suggest, if you don't already have it, to get a copy of "The Blue Book of Gun Values" by S.P. Fjestad. Get the most recent edition, or even and older copy if you're just looking for general information and are not too concerned with current prices.You can reference most firearms with the Blue Book and get a little basic information. There are volumes of other texts on specific manufactures for more detailed information-- an amazon.com search should give you a number sources.
  • Options
    BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    Bluebook.com has the most dreadful markup I've ever seen. $10 for the BB values on one manufacturer!Go to a bookstore and pay for a real one. I dont recall how much they are.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Don't just want to find out about my guns. I want to be able to look up thinks by there serail numbers. That will tell me when they were made. the bluebook means nothing to me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Don't just want to find out about my guns. I want to be able to look up thinks by there serail numbers. That will tell me when they were made. the bluebook means nothing to me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    pops401pops401 Member Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    2001 Standard Catalog of Firearms, by Ned Schwing. Books a Million, $32.95. Good reference, but like BB the prices are sometimes high, and sometimes 'wish I could find one for that'. Serialization is tough. You just about have to get a book on each manufacturer for that.SCF and BB have a few. The web site I gave you is pretty good for quick reference, but it's BB.
    I'll buy just one more gun and I'll quit.....HONEST....History is a vast early warning system
  • Options
    OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    Some of the Manufactures will tell you the date a gun was manufactured but I believe they will be reluctant to give you any approximate value information. That is where the blue book comes in handy. P.S. I just e-mailed Remmington about one of my shotguns and it took them about 3 days and I had the answer back. Auto
    KIMBER: Pistol du jour