In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Need a friend with a 6.5x55 Swede

5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
Looking to make friends with anyone that ownes a 6.5x55 Swede. Not a long term relationship mind you, just long enough that I can get the Swede cheap.
If you have one shot...Accu-Shot Website

Comments

• robsgunsrobsguns Member Posts: 4,581 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Swedes are plentiful, what are your requirements in one?Oh, and try posting on the want ads also.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC[This message has been edited by robsguns (edited 12-31-2001).]
  • PelicanPelican Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been lookin' for a 38X24X36 swede.
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Pelican, if you'll settle for Dutch I can swing you up about an hour from Sioux City Iowa and show you free-ranging herds of them that will match your tastes.
  • PelicanPelican Member Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Uh Ids, I'm too old fer herds - maybe just one old stray
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh hell, by the time they're 19 in Dutch country, they're generally married unless they go to college. Then they're married right after graduation.
  • YankeeClipperYankeeClipper Member Posts: 669 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I find your want for a 6.5x55 interesting. Have you done any research on them? The reason I ask is there was an artical about them in an old G&A and I quote " The 6.5x55 is the most accurate military rifle of the bolt action era" I would really enjoy a copy of thet artical. I shot an antilope at a good 400 yds with one, and it went down hard and fast.Let me know what you are looking for and I'll see what I can find.
  • 5db5db Member Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    robsguns, My requirements are simple yet self serving. If you have the rifle, lets be friends and negotiate sealing that friendship by transferring the ownership of said rifle to my possession. Then we can part ways. I seen told that is what most relationships are about, serving ones self. Thought I'd be upfront about it and give it a try.
  • whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    5db:To bad you had to Jay Leno it but it usually goes like that; right over the head.That was a good'n.Clouder..
    edited November -1
    Yankee:I killed a chuck at a bad 400 yards once. That's half as far as an actual 400 yards. How far is a good 400 hundred yards?Come on now, I'm just funnin'.Clouder..
    edited November -1
    clouder I'm glad to see you can take a bit of a ribbin'... knew you would see it for what it was. Hate it though when the unintended bite so hard. BTW, that makes me wonder, did you get to read "Unintended Consequences" if so how about a snapshot review. Happy New Years to ya.
    edited November -1
    5db:Haven't. I have a copy sitting here and I will get to it. It's not my genre but several people whose opinions I trust tell me I should read it soon.Jabs? I know who I can take a poke from and I know who needs a counterpunch.Clouder..
    edited November -1
    YankeeClipper, To answer your question, no I haven't researched this round. About the 6.5x55, I have an acquaintance that wears lots of USGI green for a living shooting things a long ways away with small caliber rifles. In fact he instructs others in this science. He says that the 6.5x55 is the best off the shelf round for such work. I've seen him shoot, I believe what he says.BTW, There was a reason I chose the 6.5x55 for this post. But that's story for clouder to tell if he so wishes, all in good humor. I'll just say another "cyber conversation" dimension is the ability to delete a post. Even after someone has responded to it. This can give the impression the responder is way off, wandering around blathering in the "Fields of Dreams" so to speak.... or at least holding the bag.
    edited November -1
    5db, You know why its easy to fool with me? Cause I only care about the guns, and questions regarding them, I'd already forgotten about the other thread. That whole thing went right over my head. Shucks, geez and golly, I'm just a country bumkin.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
    edited November -1
    Let me know when you do, We'll compare notes.
    edited November -1
    robsguns, I wasn't fooling with you per say, but rather clouder. The fact you responded in earnest with good intentions and suggestions complicated my jest. No harm intended, I hope none was taken. But hey, if you have a 6.5x55 maybe we can still be friends?
    edited November -1
    No!!! I dun wanna be yer fren, yu herted my felnz, snif, snif.
    SSgt Ryan E. Roberts, USMC
    edited November -1
    Pelican, You heard of Creole cookin'? Jest wonderin cuz you go'in show up with some Blonde, Blue eyed gal no matter what age nor herd affiliation, I afeared your Butt will be the main course!
    edited November -1
    Clouder-- You had me going. I said "Good" because it 426 large paces and I wear a 33in inseam.So Good is a good word.How about this I shot an antilope at 6.5 10th of a mile by to odometer W/a .300 Winchister Mag.Got witness also.
    edited November -1
    yankee:You don't need a witness with me.Clouder..
    edited November -1
    I know clouder but it's nice to have one. Here's one more. I hit a fox right under the eye at 110 paces with a .32 S&W long. My brother-in-law didn't have the heart to sell the hide when the found the bullet hole.He tanned it and gave it to me for a gift.
  • varmit huntervarmit hunter Member Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clipper,I am like clouder.You dont need witnesses with me on the antalope,But could you supply a list of 60 or 70 names with the fox story? Hope you know im kidden,Great shootin.
    A unarmed man is a subject.A armed man is a citizen.