In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Who has ..........

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited September 2007 in General Discussion
Who has a good beef stir fry reciepe?

I bought a new wok and am craving some good spicy beef stir fry!

But I have never done stir fry before!

Comments

• dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its easy, stir, fry. Don
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    Its easy, stir, fry. Don
    OK smart *![;)]
  • Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Find an oriental female,.......she will do it for ya!
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This is our style of stir fry...

Green Bell Peppers
    Red Bell Peppers
    Yellow Bell Peppers
    Onion (I like lots of onions)
    Jalapeno's

Slice your beef the way you like it, add some (2-3Tbsp) sesame oil to you wok. Cook your beef until it is 1/2 done. Add veggies, and cook until desired crispness. Add your favorite teryaki sauce, then a few shots of this stuff...

2578_large.jpg

By shots, I mean a couple Tablespoons, this stuff is HOT!

When I make my chinese though. I cook everything like I mentioned, then use Sweet Chili sauce, Chili-garlic sauce, and enough of this to bring the heat to just where you need it.

I also use Bamboo shoots, baby corn, water chessnuts, and mushrooms when I make chinese.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cubslover
    This is our style of stir fry...

Green Bell Peppers
    Red Bell Peppers
    Yellow Bell Peppers
    Onion (I like lots of onions)
    Jalapeno's

Slice your beef the way you like it, add some (2-3Tbsp) sesame oil to you wok. Cook your beef until it is 1/2 done. Add veggies, and cook until desired crispness. Add your favorite teryaki sauce, then a few shots of this stuff...

2578_large.jpg

By shots, I mean a couple Tablespoons, this stuff is HOT!

When I make my chinese though. I cook everything like I mentioned, then use Sweet Chili sauce, Chili-garlic sauce, and enough of this to bring the heat to just where you need it.

I also use Bamboo shoots, baby corn, water chessnuts, and mushrooms when I make chinese.

I love that chilli sauce! I use it quite often and have for a number of years!

I definatly have some in the cuppord!
  • hisbigbootygirlhisbigbootygirl Member Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we like that stuff too!
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    Cubs has a pretty good receipe but it's missing a couple of things. The sesame oil he mentions is an absolute MUST for authenic tasting Japanese cusine. Not too much sesame oil though, about 1/2 tablespoon as it will burn. If you need more oil, use canola to make up the difference.

You need to add some sliced sh/itake mushrooms, bean sprouts, and some buckwheat noodles (already boiled and drained), in addition, break and fry one egg in the mix. Leave out the jalapeno's as the taste is too overpowering and they are not used in Japan. The most favored hot sauce in Japan is good ole American Tabasco sauce. The Japanese sprinkle it like holy water over almost everything.

Most any vegetable is good in moderation. For a change, throw a couple of cubes of pineapple and some water chestnuts in. It gives it a slightly sweet and nutty taste. Snow peas in the pod, bamboo shoots, even peanuts can go in it. The only limit is your imagination.

Edited because autocensor substituted poopcake for sh/itake!
  • FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Who has a good beef stir fry reciepe?

Stir fry has been outlawed in my home.[:D]

But I do like a good Hunan Beef[:I]
  • p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I think I'll whip up a batch tonight of yakisoba![:p]
  • CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do the jalapeno's to give it my own twist. If I'm making authentic Chinese I use the real authentic ingredients.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    A few "must-haves" for cookin Chinese.

1. Oyster sauce.
    2. Sessamee oil (toasted).
    3. Fish sauce.
    4. Hoy-sin sauce.(chinese plum BBQ)
    5. Fermented black-bean sauce.

If you add a splash of each of these, then 1/2tsp. corn starch, in 3 tblsp. water at the end, you'll have the "REAL-DEAL"..[;)]
    You can cook a TURD in that mix, and it'll taste great..(not that i've tried it)

Jeff