In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

muslim wanted to buy "unclean" guns for Iran

RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
edited September 2007 in General Discussion
Hey, wait! Aren't UZI's made in Israel? By them dirty Jews? Hmmmm--smells a bit unkosher to me...[:p]
http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/california/la-me-uzis30aug30,1,3672652.story?coll=la-headlines-pe-california&ctrack=1&cset=true

From the Los Angeles Times
Man pleads guilty to plot to sell weapons to Iran
By Greg Krikorian
Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
August 30, 2007

A West Hills man has pleaded guilty to an audacious plan to buy as many as 100,000 Uzis in the United States and sell them to officials in Iran's government.

Under a plea agreement reached this week, Seyed Mostafa Maghloubi, 49, acknowledged that he tried to obtain submachine guns and night vision goggles and ship them to Iran, in violation of U.S. laws prohibiting such transactions.

According to the plea agreement, Maghloubi's plan dated to at least October 2005 when he approached an unidentified individual and said he was interested in buying the weapons and goggles.

The individual, who was identified only as a cooperating witness for the government, brokered a meeting between Maghloubi and an undercover Los Angeles police detective who Maghloubi believed was an arms dealer.

During that meeting in February, Maghloubi said that he was interested in buying the items for Iran and that he had high-level contacts with government officials in that country, according to the plea agreement.

Through several meetings and telephone conversations, the agreement says, Maghloubi and the undercover officer worked out details of the transaction. At one point, the defendant asked the purported arms dealer if he could ship the Uzis and goggles to Dubai so Maghloubi could bring them across the border to Iran.

The discussions eventually led to Maghloubi taking delivery of three fully automatic Uzis and one pair of night vision goggles.

At all times, the plea agreement says, Maghloubi -- who was born in Iran and is a naturalized U.S. citizen -- sought to deliver the military equipment to a faction within Iran's government that is aligned with a former president who is a political foe of the country's president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

In that light, Maghloubi's attorney said, his client was trying "to actually try and help a rapprochement between the U.S. and Iran."

"This had nothing to do with terrorism," Deputy Federal Public Defender Guy Iversen said.

A spokesman for the U.S. attorney's office had no comment on the plea agreement.

Yeah, right. 100,000 UZI's in the hands of muslims wouldn't be the least "terrorizing."

Comments

• kristovkristov Member Posts: 6,633
    edited November -1
    A West Hills man has pleaded guilty to an audacious plan to buy as many as 100,000 Uzis in the United States and sell them to officials in Iran's government.

Are there actually 100,000 UZIs (all types) in the United States?
  • ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    100,000 Uzis...

If he could find that many, I say let him keep 'em. He'd have had a better chance of finding the Loch Ness Monster...
  • CA sucksCA sucks Member Posts: 4,310
    edited November -1
    quote:sought to deliver the military equipment to a faction within Iran's government that is aligned with a former president who is a political foe of the country's president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

If there is one thing I learned from this Iraq mess, its that as much as those middle eastern Muslims want to kill us, they want to kill each other even more.

The US has supplied weapons to countries over before to start civil wars to get rid of leaders we don't like. A few decades ago and the CIA would be giving this guy weapons at half cost. Maybe we should have let him go through with it?
  • Da-TankDa-Tank Member Posts: 4,074
    edited November -1
    Oliver North did the same except he made dilvery. He became a national HERO. I call double standard!!!!!!!
  • ObiWanObiWan Member Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "".......led to Maghloubi taking delivery of three fully automatic Uzis and one pair of night vision goggles.""

LOL......they were dumb enough to actually give the guy full auto's.
  • RamtinxxlRamtinxxl Member Posts: 9,480
    edited November -1
    In case anyone missed my point, muslims think of Jews being on par with pigs. They abhor anything remotely Jewish. I just thought it ironic that a muslim was negotiating to purchase UZI's (made in Israel by JEWS) to sell to other muslims. Of course, when it comes to technology, we can't really look to the muslim world for anything but bomb vests...and that technology they probably hijacked from someone else. [:p]

I do like the idea of them using Jewish technology to annihilate each other, though. Turn'em loose. [^]