In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Medicine question??........

charlie15charlie15 Member Posts: 937 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2004 in General Discussion
anyone take or have took WARFARIN SODIUM and DIGOXIN[?] Had heart attack in 1997 and been having too take all sort's of blood pressure and other pills. Got blood pressure under control, but in last few weeks pulse rate been going out of sight. V.A. doc put me on these monday to thin blood more and SLOW my heart down. Calls it ARTRIEL FEBULATION. Lord these pills are rough!!

"Well i'll be a suck egg mule"...Arthur Hunnicutt.

Comments

• Ding-a-lingDing-a-ling Member Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Took Warfarin for two weeks after baloon surgery. You have to be super careful. Doc said you could bleed to death in a very short time and not a very big cut. Would only let me get out of house if I had cell phone with me.Had mine in 1996.

Ding-a-ling
    Some people get up and say"Good Morning Lord"

Others get up and say "Good Lord,it's morning.
  • JesseJesse Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Charlie,

check out www.drugdigest.com pretty informative and also has a drug interaction feature.

Jesse

si vis pacem, para bellum
  • concealedG36concealedG36 Member Posts: 3,566 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stop reading PLAYBOY! [;)]

G36

Gun Control Disarms Victims, NOT CriminalsThe 2nd Amendment; America's Original Homeland Security
  • SLIDER-in-KYSLIDER-in-KY Member Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Charlie15---Like the others have said...be careful while taking the Warfarin (aka Coumadin). It really thins your blood. As for the Digoxin...be sure and ONLY take the amount that was prescribed. If too much of the Digoxin is taken, you can develop Digitalis Toxicity...'and that ain't good!' As far as Atrial Fibrillation, you would be surprised at the number of people that have that. Lots of people live with A-Fib without problems. Several patients that I have come in contact with have it. I'm kinda surprised that your doc went with Digoxin instead of Cardizem(aka Diltiazem). Anyway...I don't intend for any of this to be advice...just information.

EMSParamedic.gif
    I'm clear, you're clear, everybody's clear...SHOCK!!!
  • tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Warfarin has also been used for years as the active agent in rodent poisons. Thins the blood to the point of internal bleeding..= death..The antidote is mass infusions of vit. K. ONLY take as prescribed!.

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
  • bolthandlebolthandle Member Posts: 1,213 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ah yes, rat poison. Then theres nitroglycerin tablets[:0][:D] its amazing how rodent remedies and explosives have made it into medicine.

I hope that I dont ever have to take any "knocking on wood"

Bolt

PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER
  • XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    Nuthin' like asking for medical advice on a gun board.... [;)]

"Doctor, my 1911 is stovepiping....." [:D]