In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Are ya kin ta anybody famous?

218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
edited January 2002 in General Discussion
My mother went to a family reunion in Zolfo Springs (Central Fla.),turned out I am related to a girl from 'Days of our lives'.She is 'Greta',a princess on the show,..suppose if I ever meet her,I will introduce myself as Sir Lord Beekeeper.She was also 'Amy' on 'The Young And The Restless',and she was a sorcerous(?)on 'The Adventures Of Sinbad'.She and I are both related to Sidney Lanier,the famous civil wartime, southern writer/poet.On my father`s side I am likely related to Sam Star,Belle Stars indian husband.The man (Ed Watson)who killed her came down here to eventualy be killed by a posse..36 lead bullits,and to much buck/bird shot to be counted by the coroner(?)!!.218

Comments

• RembrandtRembrandt Member Posts: 4,486 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No famous people in our family....only thing close was when Frank & Jesse James stopped at some relatives farm in Kansas for food and rest....then left a $10 gold piece for their kindness.
  • woodsrunnerwoodsrunner Member Posts: 5,378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Family legend has it, one of moms ancestors, got knocked up by the king of Holland. She wasn't the queen. So we got a land grant in the new world. Is that someone famous?? All I want is access to the royal gun room. LOLWOODS
  • gunpaqgunpaq Member Posts: 4,607 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    John Wise the 19th century balloonist from Pennsylvania.
    Pack slow, fall stable, pull high, hit dead center.
  • jeenyesjeenyes Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kin to Jesse James, Tho as far back as it was I guess theres no blood left. He was my great granddads brothers son. Or somewhere in there.
  • boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    George Armstrong Custer and Neil Armstrong (those two are related as well). On my mother's side, my grandmother's maiden name was Armstrong. Back in the 19th century (and even today in some areas) the wife's maiden name became the middle name of all the children she bore. Geroge Armstrong Custer was my grandmother's Great Uncle. Neil Armstrong is in that part of the family as well. Also, if you remember the story of Abraham Lincoln and Hanna Armstrong (he was a tennant or hers, and defended her son on a murder charge) ol' Hanna is in there somewhere as well. The story of Lincoln and Hanna Armstrong is in most grade school history books.
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    boeboe,I think I saw that movie..was it 'Young Mr. Lincoln'?Witht Greg Peck ?.218
  • bsebastbsebast Member Posts: 190 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Only famous encounter in our family: My mother almost ran over Lee Harvey Oswald when he stepped in front of her car. He was running between the place where he had just killed officer Tippet, and the Texas theatre where he was captured. She had no idea who this guy was at the time, but she recognized it was Oswald when he was shown on the news.Wouldn't that been a hoot had she nailed him with her big 'ol Oldsmobile...
  • BullzeyeBullzeye Member Posts: 3,560
    edited November -1
    Grandmother's full name: Gret? Braun, married to Sturmius Klaus M?llerGrandmother's Cousin: Ava BraunWe dont like to talk about that one :-)
  • OtomanOtoman Member Posts: 554
    edited November -1
    I have been told a decendant of Pocahantas but never have confirmed it. Good to hear from ya BEE.
    KIMBER: Pistol du jour
  • hyperspacehyperspace Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to the Family Tree, George and Betsy Ross are my great(x8) Uncle and Aunt. I can't tell you how offhand, except that it is on my mother's side of the family. My sister is the geaneologist.My grandmother has a family history that traces us back to Charlemagne. It may be true and accurate, but I reckon when you go that far back its like saying you are related to Adam and Eve.
  • Matt45Matt45 Member Posts: 3,185
    edited November -1
    I'm not related to nobody important but it's funny about Frank and Jesse James. Sure do have a lot of kinfolk in circles where gunpowder is being burnt, guess it runs in the genes. Two of of my closer friends and their Dad (Best man at my wedding) are directly blood related to Frank.
    Reserving my Right to Arm Bears!!!!
  • the loveable rat...the loveable rat... Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i'm kin to willie mosconi and john sullivan of bareknuckle fame. oh yeah, and adam and eve- but only on my moms side. i've no idea where the other guys came from...
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    U.S. Grant is a distant cousin on my father's side.
  • 218Beekeep218Beekeep Member Posts: 3,033
    edited November -1
    William,I won`t hold it against ya. .218
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you 218....you know what they say, you can choose your friends but you can't choose your relatives....
  • Ms. BeastMs. Beast Member Posts: 496 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey, I know who "Greta" is!! I don't think I have any famous relatives....at least none that will admit it!
  • timberbeasttimberbeast Member Posts: 1,738 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No famous relatives, 'cept my Gramps was the last surviving member of the "Order of the Bearslayer" in the Latvian Legion.I did serve drinks to Jeffrey Dahmer when I tended bar, though. He came in once a week and drank five drafts in about a minute and left. Only two words I ever heard him say were "Old Style".
  • ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    timberbeast - Seems his choice in libations was a match for his choice of cuisines.
  • competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm the illegitimate son of Howard Hughes!
  • pops401pops401 Member Posts: 616 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    No but my kids are
    Just one more gun and I'll quit.....HONEST....
  • 22WRF22WRF Member Posts: 3,385
    edited November -1
    Studebaker.. the Wagon and Car builders(Great Grandmother)
    NRA Pistol InstructorP'cola. FL Home of the Blue AngelsnIshnabe'k
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Member Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    John and John Quincy Adams fathers side
  • idsman75idsman75 Member Posts: 13,398 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    218Beekeep--Now what do you have against "Unconditional Surrender" Grant? Stir stir stir. Hmm...he's kinda hillbilly-lookin' and spits a lot of tobaccy juice but I'm third cousin to Lenny Dykstra. Does that count?
  • axlerfanaxlerfan Member Posts: 713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    distant cousin to Johnny Cash
  • BlueTicBlueTic Member Posts: 4,072
    edited November -1
    My Dad once saluted Jerry Lewis. He was working traffic as an AFP in LA before going overseas (Korea). Jerry lewis drove by and gave him a backwards salute. My Mom was sorta featured in one of the Fortune rags in the "Top 20 Women in Computing" a few years ago. Other than that we is just poor white trailer trash.
    IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY RIGHTS - GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY (this includes politicians)
  • mudgemudge Member Posts: 4,225 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My mother was related to Joel Chandler Harris. The author of the "Uncle Remus", "Bre'r Rabbit" stories. Not me, but Mrs.Mudge is the great-great something-or-other of Morgan Morgan. The first permanent, white, settler in what is now West Virginia. His cabin is about 5 miles down the road from where we now live. She's also related, somehow, to Sir Frances Drake.Not famous but a heartbreaker anyway. My Grandmother's great great something-or-other was a guy named Peter Bond. It seems Lord Bond was granted a huge piece of land by King George II, here in the "colonies". Actually, his little piece of land was thousands of acres between Baltimore and Jessup, MD.He picked the wrong side during the revolution and was given two options when it was over. He could stay and give up most of his land, or he could go back to England and give up ALL his land. The fool chose England.Think about it....if the revolution had gone the other way...I COULD ACTUALLY BE LORD MUDGE. AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!Mudge the peasantps. If you ever watch a James Bond movie where he plays a member of the Royal Genealogical Society, the crest he wears on his blazer is my granny's (Bond) family coat of arms
    I can't come to work today. The voices said, STAY HOME AND CLEAN THE GUNS![This message has been edited by mudge (edited 12-31-2001).][This message has been edited by mudge (edited 12-31-2001).]
  • soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    I`m related to James Fennemore Cooper.My wife is related to William Brewster and Horatio Alger Gates
  • soopsoop Member Posts: 4,633
    edited November -1
    I`m related to James Fennemore Cooper.My wife is related to William Brewster and Horatio Alger Gates
  • simonbssimonbs Member Posts: 994
    edited November -1
    One of my Great Grandfathers waaayyyy back (I don't know how many generations) is the son of a woman who was knocked up by Henry VIII. She was not nobility, just one of his mistresses.
  • v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wife's a relative of VonRichtoven. My grandfather was Mitchells'(Spitfire designer) best buddy.
  • marvhuckermarvhucker Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No trace of European royalty here, my ancestors didn't believe in inbreeding. Met that philosopher, Santana, once & he told me " Oye Como Va." Marv
  • marvhuckermarvhucker Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No trace of European royalty here, my ancestors didn't believe in inbreeding. Met that philosopher, Santana, once & he told me " Oye Como Va." Marv
  • RUGERNUT3RUGERNUT3 Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Most famous people I know for sure I am related to were my mom and dad, God rest them both...some people think they did a fair job on me, I do too....wish they were still around. Thread question got me thinkingabout two kinda famous people I knew, and yeah there "wuza lead a flyin" around these two. Bob Alcorn and Ted Hinton. Like I was probably 8-9 yrs. old when I saw my neighbor fall down behind his mower in the summer and die from the heat or a heart attack,never heard which one. Found out later from my parents and later on GOOGLE search engine that old Bob the quite and sometimes cranky old man I'd known was a lond ago Dallas cop...one of the guys who made swiss cheese out of Bonnie and Clyde! Then thru my older brother I met Ted Hinton when I was a teenager. I was impressed just because he was a U.S. Marshal(maybe ret.at the time..dont recall). After my brothers biz dealings with him were over and we left Teds home...I found out that he was the other guy with Bob Alcorn on that LA. roadside! Small world. Hinton,if my memory serves(may serve me wrong here!) used the B.A.R./ Alcorn a Thompson, I think. Anyway, kinda cool to have actually known these two guys. Alcorn spoke almost zip about the incident as my parents recalled. Hinton spoke a little, and of course being a teenager and finding this out.....I surely made an idiot of myself in quizing him some on the subject! Use the GOOGLE search engine to look em up, pretty interesting stuff! I know for a fact the incident DID leave a lasting mark on both men, they were hard men, sort of sullen, as might as well be expected. Kinda like that "1000 yard blank stare" to those of you who know what I mean, and I suspect a few of you do....nuff said..GOD BLESS all the service men and women who have given all and are giving there time and more for what we have, and all that we will have due to their sometimes thankless devotion to their duty, and country....we owe them all...sorry guys got carried away there..HAPPY AND SAFE ONE TO YOU AND YOURS.....richard
    "ANY" EXCUSE IS A GOOD REASON TO BUY "JUST 1 MORE".& VICIE-VERSIE!
  • njretcopnjretcop Member Posts: 7,975
    edited November -1
    When I saw this post, I asked all of my family members if we were related to anyone famous. They told me to look up the family tree. When I did, I found most of them hanging from it, so I guess not -Charlie the wanted
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelMember: NRA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2AMPD and the AARP. njretcop@copmail.com
  • sig380sig380 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My father was M. Blank. We lived 1 mile away from Mel Blanc when I was growing up. We got allot of calls for them.
    edited November -1
    My father was M. Blank. We lived 1 mile away from Mel Blanc when I was growing up. We got allot of calls for them.
    edited November -1
  • Dave3Dave3 Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Jim Bowie on my grandfathers side. I was told he would be my fifth great uncle. I believe he died in a land dipute down south.
    "Protect the Right to Protect yourself"
  • daddodaddo Member Posts: 3,408
    edited November -1
    On my side- no one famous- well maybe my great grandpa- he owned a whore house in Alaska in the 1800's. On my wifes side- her mom's last name was Sutter. She told us the stories of her relative that opened "Sutters Mill" just before the 1849 gold rush and later lost everything he owned.
    edited November -1