In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

New Year Shooting

ccasey612ccasey612 Member Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 2003 in General Discussion
Does anyone else shoot on New Years? What do you plan to shoot?

If you will blame gun makers for every shooting then blame car maker for every car accident.

Comments

• kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    I assume you're talking about shooting in the horizontal plane (i.e. at targets)
  • Mr. LoboMr. Lobo Member Posts: 538 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our whole family has done New Years Day shoots for the past several years. We will shoot clays with the shotguns, steel plates and targets with 40's, 38's and 45's and then to the rifle range to do some 22's, 223' and the 30-06. New Years day is one of my favorite days of the year. Hope you have fun!

Jim
  • Short TraderShort Trader Member Posts: 718 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I took a couple of the kids to the range for some steel plate action yesterday. It was drizzling and a little cold, but we had fun.

Buy low, short high...
  • groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    It was too nice outside not to shoot yesterday!!! Went to the bench with the 222MAG as it had been feeling neglected lately and punched out 3, .300 groups with 3 different loads, worked on a Savage 110 in 270 for a neighbor, shot that unaccurate mini-14 just to see if it was still as bad as the other day...it is! Played with the 597 LR awhile and generally had a fun time! We'll have a GROUNDHOG DAY shoot on 2/2 to celebrate that winter will end soon and the varmints will soon reappear!!! GHD
  • faldumfaldum Member Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    GHD:

Not bad for a 10 shot 300 yard group...

Y'all think ma Ruger .45 is enuff
    ta handl thos varmits on Feb 2?

Mebee try n tak out dat Puxatwny crittr.

DEATH IN THE SHORT GRASS!!!!!

I got your junior...
  • 96harley96harley Member Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Long time no hear from casey. We had a Cessna, Frontier Flight #210, and one bald eagle fall into the lake behind the house. The planes were in pieces but the bald eagle tasted a lot like fried chicken. On the down side, we didn't get to shoot much on the 31st due to rain. The stroke of midnight, now that was a different story.

"Save the Whalers, they need jobs too."
  • Big Sky RedneckBig Sky Redneck Member Posts: 19,752 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Falbum, you wanna come up here when the farmers have spring plantin? You know those cute fuzzy deer everyone loves so much? They get cleaned off the farms, like groundhogs[}:)]. Come on up and shoot a few.

You sound as if you do not like varmit/pest control shooting, have you ever seen what groundhogs do to fields or what a herd of deer do to a freshly planted cornfield? Bud it may sound unethical to you and others but if a diary farm here cannot be self supportive it will not last. Once a farmer has to buy feed for his cows he is going broke. When he has to start replacing axles on farm equipment because of running into groundhog holes, he will go broke. Thos pretty animals you love so much puts farmers out of business. If you don't like the idea that groundhogs and deer sometimes get shot and wasted to a pit why don't YOU compensate the farmers so they so they do not have to shoot them pretty animals! And do we enjoy shooting them, well that barbaric answer does not belong here now does it[}:)]

If you need a gun larger than a .243 to kill a deer, you need to give up
    redneck1314@pennswoods.net
  • JustCJustC Member Posts: 16,056 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    7mm,...where do I sign up? That's just my game[:D]

I'm a man,....but I can change,.....If I have to,......I guess.
    edited November -1
    Hello 7:

quote:Thos pretty animals you love so much puts farmers out of business.

Kindly post the name of a farmer who lost his farm solely
    because of marmot infestation.

I got your junior...
    edited November -1
    I'm not posting that kind of info on the internet, are you really that dumb that you want me to post names of people who have gone bankrupt and risk a slander suit???????????

You are a "bunny hugger" and those people I have no time for, end of my end of this discussion.

edited November -1
    Hello 7:

I understand.
    Kinda tough to quantify folklore.

Nice try, though.

I got your junior...
    edited November -1
    Last response from me, Falbum would you want me to post your real name if you lost everything? Thats what I thought.

Most of the farms around here have become housing developments, you sound as though you would like that, dang yuppie. You are probably one of the pukes that cry when a gallon of milk goes up $.05. Dairy farmers around here have a hard enough time surviving because of city folk who cry over milk prices and when they have to spend money out of their pockets to replace STOLEN feed because the deer ate half of it and their John Deer needs a new axle becasue the dang chuck holes broke it or even losing an entire crop because the chucks ruined a feild and it flooded losing all the crops in it, the will fail. It happens every day. No the animals may not be the only reason farms fail but it is one reason that can somewhat be controlled.

BTW, your signature makes you sound as if you should be on the third tier at Rockview harrassing new arrivals.

Falbum, enjoy this response from me 'cause it is the last one you will see addressed to you from me, have a nice day, Dang yuppie.