In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

outdoortexas, and all TX residents

maggiethecatmaggiethecat Member Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 2002 in General Discussion
first off, have a great new year.
second, i looked up the offender we talked about. i will put the web addres below.

Billy Gene Goodwin lives at house #123

http://records.txdps.state.tx.us/soSearch/soDetail.cfm?ShowNav=False&dps_number=06235847

for those texas residents that dont know, you can look up convicted sex offenders at this link:

http://records.txdps.state.tx.us/soSearch/soSearch.cfm

SGT RRG

The greatest happiness is to see your enemy scattered before you, to see his village in ashes, and to gather to your bed his wives and daughters.-Genghis Khan 1226

Comments

• Options
    outdoortexasoutdoortexas Member Posts: 4,780
    edited November -1
    Happy new year to you and Michelle as well.

Thanks on the street #, it is the security guard/preacher! Go figure?
    Feds asked us about him last year when it was all going on. Bummer. And, he's got grandkids and a daughter that baby sits! Believe we're going to have to speak with the chief on this now.
  • Options
    maggiethecatmaggiethecat Member Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if you click the first link, then scroll to the bottom, you will see he was busted for "aggravated sexual assualt 65 or older" the lower it shows victim's age: 82 at time of assualt. what kind of weirdo molests an 82 year old woman?

SGT RRG

The greatest happiness is to see your enemy scattered before you, to see his village in ashes, and to gather to your bed his wives and daughters.-Genghis Khan 1226
  • Options
    Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The troubling part of this is only a small fraction of sex offenders ever get charged, much less publisized. Most offences are within families...and families tend to keep it quiet to avoid the embarrasment and stigma.

My daughter's best friend, when she was about 10, was molested by her grandfather. I knew the guy (not as a friend) at the time and would have never dreamed he would do something like that. The family didn't reveal it until after he died.

From what I've learned since then, that is not all that uncommon.

Rafter-S

"What is truth? No wonder jesting Pilate turned away. The truth, it has a thousand faces -- show only one of them, and the whole truth flies away! But how to show the whole? That is the question."
    --Thomas Wolfe, "You Can't Go Home Again" (1934)